By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Driveclub runs at 1080p 30fps

disolitude said:
Daisuke72 said:
disolitude said:

Oh consoles...don't even change.

Imagine a world where Microsoft or Sony unleash the fury and make their high profile next gen 100 million dollar title like Halo 5 or Uncharted 4 ...but optimize it for high end PCs instead of having engineering teams figuring out how to shoehorn an elephant into a console shoe.

Wouldn't that be something?

Halo 5 with 3 monitor surround or 4K and 144hz refresh rate utilizing Nvidia Gsync. Kids would be selling their kidneys and lining up around the block to buy the TitanZ GPU... :)

lol Uncharted games budget is like 22M pre-advertising I believe. Makes you wonder what a 100M dev budget Uncharted could do, let alone one on PC.

Hence why I said the words "imagine"... I know it isn't feasable or possible in todays reality. :)

Your post REALLY makes me want to upgrade my rig lol. Dat 7870 

Around the Network
OttoniBastos said:
I'm dissapointed! 1 year delay and the game will run at 30fps and don't have DAY/NIGHT CYCLE!!!!!!

Next gen my ass! We are just in the first year of this generation and devs already have to choose between resolution vs frammerate vs IQ. Until devs figure out how to make next gen level of graphics with 1080p AND 60 fps i will not buy one of this consoles.

Wow, posts like these really show how entitled some gamers are.

SweetTalia said:
give me my 720p at 60 fps. 30fps for racing is meh

I really doubt it works like that. Lowering the resolution doesn't automatically double the framerate.

sales2099 said:
Zekkyou said:
sales2099 said:
Ruh-roh.......racing game 30fps on the beast known as PS4?

Let the compromising comments and justifying begin (have allready seen some ;) )

Are these types of comments really needed? :/ Did you at no point while typing that think "Wow, this is an unoriginal and unintelligent comment that will add nothing to the discussion. Perhaps i shouldn't post it?"

It's this kind of BS that's fueling the resolution wars and the constant back and forth of X1 and PS4 fans like they're 6 year olds arguing over whose piece of cake is bigger...

Actually, it is. You after all responded to it, thus making it part of the mix.

Since when to Xbox fans get the chance to play the resolution/fps card? Like 0.01% of the time. So kicking a minority opinion when they are down?......stay classy.

This actually brings up a good question as to how powerful PS4 truly is if it can't do 1080p standard. Maybe its things like this that will make certain people be quiet when X1 can't do 1080p.

Your posts make no sense and just ruin this thread. There's no comparison being made here to X1. This is an exclusive game. Those stupid comparison threads are for talking about multiplat games. Both consoles are powerful. Both consoles can run games at 1080p60. DriveClub could be at 1080p60 if the devs wanted it to be. Dead Rising 3 could be 1080p60 if the devs wanted it to be. Its not the case because these devs chose to prioritize graphic quality and made cuts to achieve the visuals desired. A ps4 exclusive that's not 1080p60 tells us nothing. A X1 exclusive that's not 1080p60 says nothing. When the same games hit both consoles and one console consistently shows better stats, then people talk about it.

4 ≈ One

Daisuke72 said:
OttoniBastos said:
I'm dissapointed! 1 year delay and the game will run at 30fps and don't have DAY/NIGHT CYCLE!!!!!!

Next gen my ass! We are just in the first year of this generation and devs already have to choose between resolution vs frammerate vs IQ. Until devs figure out how to make next gen level of graphics with 1080p AND 60 fps i will not buy one of this consoles.

Yes God forbid people want things or have standards.

Around the Network
Figgycal said:
Daisuke72 said:
OttoniBastos said:

Every game with 1080P 60FPS and clean IQ on fixed hardware or you aren't buying the product? Really? Then you're never gonna get either one and if those things and if they mattered so much to you then you shouldn't be in the console market and game on PC. 

These devs have FIXED hardware, 1080P 60FPS on a cutdown 7870 on every game just isn't reasonable, at all. 

Daisuke72 said:
OttoniBastos said:

Seriously dude i'm a sony fan,have all their consoles(including portables) but this machines(PS4 and Xbone) were supposed to have enough power to run the games at max at least on the first two years. But devs are having to choose 2 of 3 things in THE FIRST YEAR already!

If they chose graphic and resolution,they sacrifice frammerate(infamous second son);

If they chose graphics and frammerate,they sacrifice resolution(Battlefield 4); -> a cross gen game.

If they choose resolution and frammerate,they sacrifice graphics(Forza 5);

There games that sacrifices resolution and frammerate to reach good graphics like ryse or killzone

I can understand this kind of "optimizations" on older consoles like ps3 and xbox 360 but not on new machines.

I can even understand that some games don't need 60fps like linear games for examples.But at least they show unbelievable graphics and complex physics.

Last year driveclub was supposed to be close to 60fps with day/night cycle and with graphics close to Forza 5 E3 build. They even delayed the game 1 year and now they said the game runs at 30fps and don't have day/night cycle?!

THAT Optimization!!!

Figgycal said:
SweetTalia said:
give me my 720p at 60 fps. 30fps for racing is meh

I really doubt it works like that. Lowering the resolution doesn't automatically double the framerate.

Frame rate and resolution just how many pixels a second you are going to be rendering the game as.

1080p/30fps is about 62.2 million pixels a second, and 720p/60fps is about 55.3 million, so swapping from from 1080p/30fps to 720p/60fps is incredibly easy. Of course, if you were going to do it "properly" you'd also change about other aspects (such as slightly lower texture resolutions for 720p, but with better AA), but in principle swapping between the two is easy.

That said, i'd rather DC be 1080p/30fps. If it was a sim like Forza or GT then between those two 720/60fps would be favourable, but in this case i'd rather more shinyness :D

Daisuke72 said:
Figgycal said:
Daisuke72 said:
OttoniBastos said:

Every game with 1080P 60FPS and clean IQ on fixed hardware or you aren't buying the product? Really? Then you're never gonna get either one and if those things and if they mattered so much to you then you shouldn't be in the console market and game on PC. 

These devs have FIXED hardware, 1080P 60FPS on a cutdown 7870 on every game just isn't reasonable, at all. 

I'm didn't say all games but come on! It's the first year! most of this games are cross gen and even this games can run at 1080p/60fps on this machines like battlefield,Tomb raider,thief! 

Or devs are lazy or consoles are not powerfull enough anymore to keep on the pace.

60 fps is better than 30 fps.. Make no mistake there is nothing wrong with a locked 30fps but..seriously, are some of you guys really downplaying this ps4 racing game at 1080p 30fps? O_o

Could you imagine if forza 5 was 30fps? Some of you are brushing this off like it's now OK.I believe some of you are writing make seem as hypocrites just saying :-p

i don't think it's fair that everyone is attacking sales2099.

Praise the One.