By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How Can Nintendo Recapture Hardcore Audience with Wii U?

How Can Nintendo Recapture Hardcore Audience with Wii U at El?

Have a traditional E3 conference 50 25.38%

Zelda U 31 15.74%

Super Mario Galaxy 3 2 1.02%

Metroid Prime 4 23 11.68%

X 11 5.58%

SSB4 9 4.57%

Bayo 2 4 2.03%

New FPS IP 23 11.68%

Revive old IP 16 8.12%

Other 28 14.21%

Total:197
ktay95 said:
Recapture??
Geez I guess they could somehow destroy all PS4's and XBO's and stop all production. Also PC's, they have to do the same thing with them too.
They havent really had the "hardcore" audience since SNES.
btw "hardcore" is a terrible word choice, does this mean those who play a lot, buy a lot, spend time on forums??

first post nails it.

Around the Network

They can't and they shouldn't. Attempting to do that is why they are losing now.

I think a traditional E3 conference is key. I love conference, I watch all of them from all the three big companies. IT's exciting to see what games are coming, even if they are not in my immediate console.

Real, hardcore gamers watch those conference in drones. Sure, we all claim that the next will be more disappointing than the last but it's still pretty interest to see. The Directs are great for big details/updates, they should keep doing those as well, but a big E3 blow-out is very important in my opinion.

EDIT: As people have pointed out and I have just realized, they need to win the casual crowd back actually. The hardcore are keeping the Wii U alive, the casual crowd will let it become revelant once more.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

^totally agree with the above post

Angry Joe was pissed when he found out Bayo 2 was a Wii U exclusive. I think Sony and Microsoft fanboys will be a little jealous.

Around the Network
F0X said:
If every hardcore gamer bought a Wii U, and nobody else did, Wii U would be even more doomed than it is now.

Well im glad im doing my bit to help the wii U by not buying one.

I dont know how that makes sense, but atleast im being helpful, so i'll take it.

BeElite said:

Goes both ways, cant call a gamer some one who hates on MS and Sony while religioulsy proclaiming to never has never will own a Sony or ms console and (thats a majority on here) lot of frauds around it seems.

Where did you get your definition of "majority" from? 

fps_d0minat0r said:
F0X said:
If every hardcore gamer bought a Wii U, and nobody else did, Wii U would be even more doomed than it is now.

Well im glad im doing my bit to help the wii U by not buying one.

I dont know how that makes sense, but atleast im being helpful, so i'll take it.

The very clear point is: Nintendo needs to prioritize mass market appeal, not hardcore gamer appeal. Doing the latter will inevitably result in a GameCube or Vita-like situation, as niche titles are pumped out disproportionally more often than games that the average consumer would enjoy.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

NintendoMonkey33 said:
Angry Joe was pissed when he found out Bayo 2 was a Wii U exclusive. I think Sony and Microsoft fanboys will be a little jealous.

Of course AJ was pissed! That's why he is called Angry Joe!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

First Nintendo should choose a good name for their new console
Second add to their library of games more mature games.
Mario titles are great but they should also market games such as
Metroid StarFox F-Zero.
Metorid for example could be Nintendo answer to ps4 and xbox one shooters.
Either way i think Nintendo are great.