By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How Can Nintendo Recapture Hardcore Audience with Wii U?

How Can Nintendo Recapture Hardcore Audience with Wii U at El?

Have a traditional E3 conference 50 25.38%

Zelda U 31 15.74%

Super Mario Galaxy 3 2 1.02%

Metroid Prime 4 23 11.68%

X 11 5.58%

SSB4 9 4.57%

Bayo 2 4 2.03%

New FPS IP 23 11.68%

Revive old IP 16 8.12%

Other 28 14.21%

Total:197

is this Nintendochartz? All threads i see today are about nintendo, they made a mistake no one wants that console, and what's happening to the console is only their fault.

Casuals and hardcore reject it because Xbox One and PS4 are way much better than Wii U, so i don't see the point on keep asking what can nintendo do or why does people hate that console because is just obvius.

Around the Network

First, change as much as you can: redesign your console, redesign the gamepad; change the name (if possible); add an account system (already coming); go full force with the Virtual Console (if possible add GC, Saturn and Dreamcast games); revive loved (old or new) franchises people love; bring exclusive 3rd party games of genres people like playing today.

novasonic said:
A true hardcore gamer appreciates gaming in all its beautiful forms and would be proud to have Wii U among their collection. The ones who call Nintendo consoles childish are themselves the childish ones.

Wisdom

Truer words have never been.... typed. Good post.

awesomeabe1998 said:

The title says it all!

missing the option for they cant.  I love my WiiU but for people interested in hardware they wont recapture them, alot of my friends and even family laugh when i say i have the WiiU.  Problem nintendo now has is they have horrific 3rd party support so for me its my second system for nintendo made games only now.

the_dengle said:
They already have it, everyone who labels themselves hardcore gamers who don't own a Wii U already are nothing but a fraud.

I don't own a Wii U, but thankfully I also don't waste my time applying arbitrary labels to myself or others based on what games they do and do not play. Other than "fraud," obviously.

i dont apply arbitrary labels to myself but if someone asked me if i were a core gamer and I were being honest i would HAVE to admit that i fulfill that definition. Also, I dont own a Wii U anymore. So in short, you're wrong

Around the Network

They can not.
Even if there are two dozen and more great exclusive titels people still rather complain about Nintendo not going 3rd party instead of buying the WiiU.
If next CoD was WiiU exclusive, people would rather skip it than buy a WiiU for it and play it on WiiU.

Its like, if i remember correctly, what one guy from Platinum said concerning Bayonetta 2 exclusivity.
People want to play it, but NOT on a Nintendo console! - so they skip it.
Seems like the reason is they are afraid of what their homies and buddys think, when they see them owning a Nintendo console.

And I also dont think Nintendo can change it with the "WiiU2", because people will not allow it.
I said so often before on different sides.
If WiiU would have 100% the same hardware than PS4, 90% of the people still buy PS4 instead of WiiU, just because WiiU is from Nintendo.

Development time takes too long and will miss The U in its most dire moments. What they can do is advertise and market it in a new direction.

nintendo games are the same they were in snes.
if the DKC were hardcore, i dont know why DKCTF is not.

It's too late. They have the reputation as a kiddy company(not saying it's deserved). Sony and Microsoft have a hold on 3rd parties. Nintendo burned too many bridges. 3rd parties know that they don't need them as long as Sony and miscosoft are around. I think they should abandon the console market and go strictly handheld. They can still sell handhelds. It's been a downward spiral since Super Nintendo. Wii was a spark in the pan and that's clearly more evident because wii users aren't buying wii u. I know a few that didn't even know about wii u til after it launched lol. Alot of gamers don't want to play Mario, donkey kong, Kirby or Pokemon. Nintendo needs something new also. Just sequel after sequel. It's sad but they did it to themselves. Only the 20-30 Nintendo faithful will buy wii u

by cooling the melted iron core.... by cooling it... the molten core will become HARDCORE!!! say whattttttttt