By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How Can Nintendo Recapture Hardcore Audience with Wii U?

How Can Nintendo Recapture Hardcore Audience with Wii U at El?

Have a traditional E3 conference 50 25.38%

Zelda U 31 15.74%

Super Mario Galaxy 3 2 1.02%

Metroid Prime 4 23 11.68%

X 11 5.58%

SSB4 9 4.57%

Bayo 2 4 2.03%

New FPS IP 23 11.68%

Revive old IP 16 8.12%

Other 28 14.21%

Total:197

Nintendo has become irrelevant in the gaming world. The only ones that still like Nintendo are people that grew up with their favorite cartoon characters like Mario, Pokemon, Kirby, Yoshi etc. and can't seem to let go.
And then they insist on making numerous threads on various forums trying to prove that hey are not childish but just misunderstood.

There is nothing of value on the Nintendo console to an average gamer, which are mainly adults now.

I must add that there is nothing wrong with playing kiddie games, especially Nintendo's since they are good, quality fun, but an average gamer needs something else than a cartoony game every 3-4 months.

Around the Network

I think you have the wrong idea. The Wii U failed to appeal to the casual. Thehardcore nintendo and hardcore second system is what they have and are appealing to.

make a console equal in power as others = more 3rd party support = more hardcore gamers + Zelda, Metroid, Galaxy 3 launch window = hardcores recaptured :D

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

What Hankoney said a million times!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Hankoney said:
Nintendo has become irrelevant in the gaming world. The only ones that still like Nintendo are people that grew up with their favorite cartoon characters like Mario, Pokemon, Kirby, Yoshi etc. and can't seem to let go.
And then they insist on making numerous threads on various forums trying to prove that hey are not childish but just misunderstood.

There is nothing of value on the Nintendo console to an average gamer, which are mainly adults now.

I must add that there is nothing wrong with playing kiddie games, especially Nintendo's since they are good, quality fun, but an average gamer needs something else than a cartoony game every 3-4 months.

Great post and someone is probably going to report you for it lol. I've been saying this for longest time. Teenage and adult gamers are eventually going to get tired of Mario, yoshi, Pokemon and the other cartoonish and kiddy games. Nintendo doesn't understand the market has changed. It's not the 80s anymore 

Around the Network

the "core" gamer ship has been sailed. let it go. This is a system truly for Ninty fans, doesnt mean that they arent "core" just means you arent getting one unless you are a fan ala GC

Hankoney said:

Great post.

No single game will ever do that

It is the game system and Nintendo's "focus" that has to shift to doing whatever they can to get "core" gamers, rather than chasing the next-generation of new/casual gamers.

Hankoney said:

You're right. The average gamer doesn't just want a Nintendo game every 3 months.
The average gamer mostly wants Candy Crush and Angry Birds on their mobile phones.

ironmanDX said:
novasonic said:
A true hardcore gamer appreciates gaming in all its beautiful forms and would be proud to have Wii U among their collection. The ones who call Nintendo consoles childish are themselves the childish ones.

Wisdom

Truer words have never been.... typed. Good post.

It's even better when you say it out loud in a Morgan Freeman voice.

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m