By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How Can Nintendo Recapture Hardcore Audience with Wii U?

How Can Nintendo Recapture Hardcore Audience with Wii U at El?

Have a traditional E3 conference 50 25.38%

Zelda U 31 15.74%

Super Mario Galaxy 3 2 1.02%

Metroid Prime 4 23 11.68%

X 11 5.58%

SSB4 9 4.57%

Bayo 2 4 2.03%

New FPS IP 23 11.68%

Revive old IP 16 8.12%

Other 28 14.21%

Total:197

The title says it all!

Around the Network

Recapture??
Geez I guess they could somehow destroy all PS4's and XBO's and stop all production. Also PC's, they have to do the same thing with them too.
They havent really had the "hardcore" audience since SNES.
btw "hardcore" is a terrible word choice, does this mean those who play a lot, buy a lot, spend time on forums??

ktay95 said:
Recapture??
Geez I guess they could somehow destroy all PS4's and XBO's and stop all production. Also PC's, they have to do the same thing with them too.
They havent really had the "hardcore" audience since SNES.
btw "hardcore" is a terrible word choice, does this mean those who play a lot, buy a lot, spend time on forums??

Nintendos last hardcore console was the N64 thus recapturing the audience. Hardcore as in terms how people use it now or whatever an individual makes it out to be.

Make games they want, simple.

A true hardcore gamer appreciates gaming in all its beautiful forms and would be proud to have Wii U among their collection. The ones who call Nintendo consoles childish are themselves the childish ones.

Wisdom

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

Around the Network

impossible.

They ned to build on their genres to provide variety to retain their kids who become adults.

The ones that left will not likely return in droves unless Sony or Microsoft leave the race and on one replace them.

Its too late now.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

impossible now. Sony and Microsoft have all the games people want to play the amount of new titles and ip in comparison TO Nintendo is shocking

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

They already have it, everyone who labels themselves hardcore gamers who don't own a Wii U already are nothing but a fraud.

I don't own a Wii U, but thankfully I also don't waste my time applying arbitrary labels to myself or others based on what games they do and do not play. Other than "fraud," obviously.

It's going to be hard to satisfy everyone with mostly 1st party games.

Those who live just for Nintendo 1st party, or who buy all consoles anyway, well they had them at "Hello". To get the rest, 1st party is not enough.

My 8th gen collection