By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Is Nintendo Considered For Children?

Do you consider Nintendo for children?

Yes 207 49.52%

No 211 50.48%

Total:418

Because Nintendo primarily markets their console to children?

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
awesomeabe1998 said:

I know how diverse Sonys lineup is as I have had all PS' s except for PS4 which I will buy eventually. I feel like Nintendo have more unchildish games than childish. The only childish on the top of my head are Mario and co Dk Kirby and Yoshi. Ninty have unchildish games like ZombiU SSB Fatal Frame Eternal Darkness Metroid Zelda Bayo 2 X Hyrule Warriors and RPG's.

Yahh except they release 30 mario and spin off for every one Metroid.  For all the mature looking titles you can list they will release 10 times more content that can be seen as childish.

BeElite said:
awesomeabe1998 said:

I know how diverse Sonys lineup is as I have had all PS' s except for PS4 which I will buy eventually. I feel like Nintendo have more unchildish games than childish. The only childish on the top of my head are Mario and co Dk Kirby and Yoshi. Ninty have unchildish games like ZombiU SSB Fatal Frame Eternal Darkness Metroid Zelda Bayo 2 X Hyrule Warriors and RPG's.

Yahh except they release 30 mario and spin off for every one Metroid.  For all the mature looking titles you can list they will release 10 times more content that can be seen as childish.

Lets say 3 2d marios and 2 3d marios. MK8 and 3 sports games. Lets say a Mario Party. Thats 10 in like 7 years and that includes 3 spin offs and 2 huge franchises. Lets say 1 metroid prime and 1 2d metroid. So 5 Mario games for every Metroid. You were only 25 off. Try again.

awesomeabe1998 said:
BeElite said:
awesomeabe1998 said:

Lets say 3 2d marios and 2 3d marios. MK8 and 3 sports games. Lets say a Mario Party. Thats 10 in like 7 years and that includes 3 spin offs and 2 huge franchises. Lets say 1 metroid prime and 1 2d metroid. So 5 Mario games for every Metroid. You were only 25 off. Try again.

You want to talk whos off, you mention Crash who sony has not owned in decades and LMAo knack as their mascot.

Since 2010 there have been 30 games featuring Mario.   google is thy friend since you lack knowladge on this matter.

Maybe because Nintendo ads are full of children and families! Sony has Knack, LBP and Crash, but they also have the likes of Kratos, Drake and Sweettooth who are all adult and have nothing to do with kids. MS is all adult.

Which is why Sony has the best of both worlds and the sales have been reflecting since the day of Playstation's conception.

Around the Network
BeElite said:
awesomeabe1998 said:
BeElite said:
awesomeabe1998 said:

You want to talk whos off, you mention Crash who sony has not owned in decades and LMAo knack as their mascot.

Since 2010 there have been 30 games featuring Mario.   google is thy friend since you lack knowladge on this matter.

30 games on 3 consoles. Oh and SSB4 features Mario but is not a mario game. Nintendo land features Mario but is not a Mario game.

awesomeabe1998 said:

I was wondering this almost ever since I got a Wii U. Now I know Nintendo have franchises with cartoon mascots like Mario and Donkey Kong but why is Nintendo childish for having these franchises while Sony has Knack, Little Big Planet and had Crash Bandicoot? Is it the name "Nintendo" that bugs people? I have never seen a child who mastered Call of Duty or BF master Mario.

So what is it?

The GameCube was a purple lunch box, and if I'm not mistaken Nintendo does target and sell more to kids than the other consoles.

Brands such as Pokemon are for kids are they not?

It's obviously not 100% for kids, just like PS & XB also have kids games, but Nindendo has more and has an image that adult facing games sell poorly on the console.

My 8th gen collection

bubblegamer said:
Maybe because Nintendo ads are full of children and families! Sony has Knack, LBP and Crash, but they also have the likes of Kratos, Drake and Sweettooth who are all adult and have nothing to do with kids. MS is all adult.

Which is why Sony has the best of both worlds and the sales have been reflecting since the day of Playstation's conception.

Nintendo has Mario Kirby and Dk but they also have the likes of Metroid LoZ and Star Fox and F Zero.

ICStats said:
awesomeabe1998 said:

I was wondering this almost ever since I got a Wii U. Now I know Nintendo have franchises with cartoon mascots like Mario and Donkey Kong but why is Nintendo childish for having these franchises while Sony has Knack, Little Big Planet and had Crash Bandicoot? Is it the name "Nintendo" that bugs people? I have never seen a child who mastered Call of Duty or BF master Mario.

So what is it?

The GameCube was a purple lunch box, and if I'm not mistaken Nintendo does target and sell more to kids than the other consoles.

Brands such as Pokemon are for kids are they not?

It's obviously not 100% for kids, just like PS & XB also have kids games, but Nindendo has more and has an image that adult facing games sell poorly on the console.

Adult games dont sell poorly on Nintendo consoles unless they are multiplats. The thing is that I can think of more unchildish Ninty games than childish.

That was mostly the GameCube because the controller looks like a child's toy. It didn't end there, the purple console itself had a handle so kids could drag it around school like a lunchbox. When the GameCube came out, I was in my 20's, and it was too embarrassing to buy. It was the only Nintendo home console I ever skipped.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.