By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Is Nintendo Considered For Children?

Do you consider Nintendo for children?

Yes 207 49.52%

No 211 50.48%

Total:418
awesomeabe1998 said:

Zelda Metroid Star Fox F Zero and other games from studios they own like Xenoblade. How about SSB? Punch out? 

As for TV ads, I havent seen a Wii U commercial since February. At the moment Nintendo dont have any mature game to market until MK8. After that they will have Hyrule Warriors which will be T, SSB4 which is a fighting game, X, Bayo 2, Retros game, STEAM, and others. Hopefully Nintendo advertises these games.

Bwahahahaha, are those real things. I thought they were just urban legends.

SSB, Xenoblade, Punch Out... yeah no I totally see how they can compare to GoW, TLoU, Gears etc.

Also T isnt Mature, it clearly means Teen which happens to be a child.

Only one game you listed there isnt a family friendly game, Bayonetta 2. Those are the games you need to look like a product that isnt for children and they need to outweight those games that are family friendly. Thats why Nintendo will always look like a childs product.

Around the Network

I'll just say they're not doing themselves any favors in the way they market their products or how they present some of them. The last time I felt a Nintendo system was for "everyone" was the N64. The image of the GC turned off many people - although it didn't bother me since I played it more than my PS2 even though my GC collection is about a 1/4 of my PS2 software library.

The way how they market the Wii U is another thing. I just don't get the sense it's a machine adults can enjoy, but I am an informed consumer and I know better, so these things don't sway me. The less informed and the highly impressionable probably won't see it that way ...

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

It could bebecause of the way they market their products and that people associate their characters with kids (not like all Nintendo characters are cartoonish...)

Video games are for children.

awesomeabe1998 said:

Zelda Metroid Star Fox F Zero and other games from studios they own like Xenoblade. How about SSB? Punch out? 

As for TV ads, I havent seen a Wii U commercial since February. At the moment Nintendo dont have any mature game to market until MK8. After that they will have Hyrule Warriors which will be T, SSB4 which is a fighting game, X, Bayo 2, Retros game, STEAM, and others. Hopefully Nintendo advertises these games.

mk8 mature? seriously? ...well, of that list, only bayonetta can be considered mature (if note censured) even tho, Teenagers are the target audience.

Around the Network
ktay95 said:
awesomeabe1998 said:

Bwahahahaha, are those real things. I thought they were just urban legends.

SSB, Xenoblade, Punch Out... yeah no I totally see how they can compare to GoW, TLoU, Gears etc.

Also T isnt Mature, it clearly means Teen which happens to be a child.

Only one game you listed there isnt a family friendly game, Bayonetta 2. Those are the games you need to look like a product that isnt for children and they need to outweight those games that are family friendly. Thats why Nintendo will always look like a childs product.

Hahahaha do you know how many children play GoW gears and LoU. I named games made by Ninty so let me name games made by other second parties. Oh and Xeno is not family friendly. Eternal darkness Fatal Frame Bayo 2 X Zombi U. Lets name some more like Goldeneye 007. Oh and teens are not children. CoD Gta BF Titanfall are all supposed to be for adults but everytime I join a match in CoD or GTA I hear a little kid talking through his mic. Funny huh?

spemanig said:
Video games are for children.

*Is proud of being a man child*

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Faust said:
awesomeabe1998 said:

mk8 mature? seriously? ...well, of that list, only bayonetta can be considered mature (if note censured) even tho, Teenagers are the target audience.

Sorry i worded it wrong. I meant unchildish after MK8. The post is about being unchildish not mature.

awesomeabe1998 said:

I was wondering this almost ever since I got a Wii U. Now I know Nintendo have franchises with cartoon mascots like Mario and Donkey Kong but why is Nintendo childish for having these franchises while Sony has Knack, Little Big Planet and had Crash Bandicoot? Is it the name "Nintendo" that bugs people? I have never seen a child who mastered Call of Duty or BF master Mario.

So what is it?

Might want to comapre how diverse a line up sony has, much of it these days mature oriented.  Ninty is the most family oriented major player in all of gaming, so even if you and plenty others may not see it.  Everyone else will see them as childish.

BeElite said:
awesomeabe1998 said:

I was wondering this almost ever since I got a Wii U. Now I know Nintendo have franchises with cartoon mascots like Mario and Donkey Kong but why is Nintendo childish for having these franchises while Sony has Knack, Little Big Planet and had Crash Bandicoot? Is it the name "Nintendo" that bugs people? I have never seen a child who mastered Call of Duty or BF master Mario.

So what is it?

Might want to comapre how diverse a line up sony has, much of it these days mature oriented.  Ninty is the most family oriented major player in all of gaming, so even if you and plenty others may not see it.  Everyone else will see them as childish.

I know how diverse Sonys lineup is as I have had all PS' s except for PS4 which I will buy eventually. I feel like Nintendo have more unchildish games than childish. The only childish on the top of my head are Mario and co Dk Kirby and Yoshi. Ninty have unchildish games like ZombiU SSB Fatal Frame Eternal Darkness Metroid Zelda Bayo 2 X Hyrule Warriors and RPG's.