By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One Version of Amazing Spiderman 2 officially cancelled according to Gamestop.

I hadn't even thought of that. It just might be due to MS's parity clause. If the XBO version is drastically inferior to PS4 version (lower res and framerate) then it might have been rejected by their Approval process.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Around the Network
globalisateur said:
Maybe it's Microsoft who rejected the game because of their own quality control?

Are you talking about the same quality control that let Fighter within and Ryse son of Rome pass? :P

I have a feeling this is stemming from the fact that they cannot outshine Sony with another major title. When COD came out they hid the fact that the game wasnt 720p resolution from the box. MS talks abot their parity clause and yet they let this game go. I think this definitely has something to do with the console power difference and the portability of different games..

OttoniBastos said:
globalisateur said:
Maybe it's Microsoft who rejected the game because of their own quality control?

Are you talking about the same quality control that let Fighter within and Ryse son of Rome pass? :P

MS invested too much money into Ryse and it was too late with Sony launching the PS4 so they kinda had to let it go. They knew the game sucked and they still let it out. They blocked off all of the reviews until the last minute though so it wouldnt influence their preorders. LOL

They probably just figured most people who would have an X1 would still have their 360s and wouldn't be willing to drop more money for more or less the same game if they didn't wanna put time into updating the visuals.

It's also a game based on a mediocre'ly reviewed movie, I'm sure there won't be a whole lot of lost sleep over this by anyone.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

Just the beginning of something bigger... You''ll see it happen more often as time progresses, unless the X1 starts turning things around. Looks like this gen even more JRPG's will be exclusive to the PS4!

FoxMan250 said:
globalisateur said:

That's my guess.  MS is probably cracking down on developers to start making the Xbox One version equal to the PS4 version or they wont allow it on their console.  With all these early games having higher resolution or frame rate on PS4 I wouldnt doubt they are cracking down on it.  Kinda dumb cuz you'll see the PS4 quality drop for multiplats. 

lol, no. that would mean ms wouldnt accept all major 3rd parties this year. effectively committing suicide with the xb1

FoxMan250 said:
globalisateur said:

That's my guess.  MS is probably cracking down on developers to start making the Xbox One version equal to the PS4 version or they wont allow it on their console.  With all these early games having higher resolution or frame rate on PS4 I wouldnt doubt they are cracking down on it.  Kinda dumb cuz you'll see the PS4 quality drop for multiplats. 

Or you'll see the amount of games drop on the X1.

They probably decided that they could not finish by the publication date so they simply cancelled it. These kind of games are very dependent on releasing on time. Delaying everything is not an option. Delaying one game would probably kill its sales.

Probably just bad management, they got slow down on the X1 for whatever reason, and for the people acting like this game is going to be shit we don't even know that yet not all movie tie in are complete garbage that game could easily be a 70 on metacritic.

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.