By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One Version of Amazing Spiderman 2 officially cancelled according to Gamestop.

Wow...all 3 people who wanted Spidey on Xone will cry themselves to sleep. And they should, because what kind of person are you to even wait for this game? :))

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

Didn't Gamestop also say that Watch_dogs on Wii U was also canceled? They must have a thing for this.

J_Allard said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Trials has won its place in the gaming community. No denying the greatness of that title, but MS is definitely having issues with developers with the Xbone. 

Spiderman is going to be fine, theres no reason for anyone to shut down the game. I think Microsoft cant deal with the bad PR coming to their games. Everything is about PR to them. If they cant control perception its like they give up all together. I think their pride got in the way of their own parity clause. 

As for COD, they did hide the resolution. I was with a bunch of friends at Target and wanted to confirm whether the rumors were true. It was true. Heh

You didn't answer either question. You're implying ASM2 is a major title in the same vein as CoD, so much so that MS would step in and flat out refuse the game on Xbone before they'd dare have Sony show them up on such a big system seller.

And again, what Xbone games have the resolution on the back of the box? Since they hid the resolution and all. Could you and your friends go back and maybe look and see Forza 5, or Titanfall's resolution please?

There arent many titles coming to the Xbox One or the PS4 right now. These companies can use as many titles as they can get. Discounting the game just because it might not be COD level quality doesnt mean it isnt a potentially quality game in serving its purpose. 

COD on the Xbox One did not reveal its resolution. Titanfalls resolution is 720 and so is Dead Rising. Both aren't exactly high quality games created to bring out the best in the Xbone either, but neither is Spiderman. Ryse was better looking that Dead Rising but I had more fun playing Dead Rising so I can let the faults of Dead Rising slide for having everything that matters where it counts. 

All I am saying is MS doesnt like bad press. 

Slade6alpha said:
iceland said:
Wow, to me this really cements that the Xbox One is an inferior game console compared to the PS4. If you guys don't think this is a huge deal you must be a fanboy of some sorts. This will create a domino effect where more and more games won't come to the Xbox One, what's next, "Amazing Spiderman 3"? Soon the PS4 will have a monopoly on quality Spiderman games, thus boosting it's sales to astronomical levels and ushering a new era of dominance the video game community have never seen before. The future is looking very bleak for Xbox One owners, convert now and be saved before it's too late.

Agreed. I'm thinking of honestly selling my system. I'm getting worried this might happen to big games like Witcher 3, or Destiny even. 

Dude....don't even say the Witcher 3 right now because I dont even believe the PS4 will be able to run the game at 1080p. I dont even think the Witcher 3 will hit 720 on the Xbox One.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
J_Allard said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
I have a feeling this is stemming from the fact that they cannot outshine Sony with another major title. When COD came out they hid the fact that the game wasnt 720p resolution from the box. MS talks abot their parity clause and yet they let this game go. I think this definitely has something to do with the console power difference and the portability of different games..

Are you implying The Amazing Spider Man 2 is a major title or is this just more of your usual MS fud? Because lulz to either one.

Hell, Trials is a more "major title" than this and they were perfectly ok with letting it come out.

Also, can you list the Xbone games which MS has put the resolution on the box? Since they apparently specifically hid the CoD resolution.

Trials has won its place in the gaming community. No denying the greatness of that title, but MS is definitely having issues with developers with the Xbone. 

Spiderman is going to be fine, theres no reason for anyone to shut down the game. I think Microsoft cant deal with the bad PR coming to their games. Everything is about PR to them. If they cant control perception its like they give up all together. I think their pride got in the way of their own parity clause. 

As for COD, they did hide the resolution. I was with a bunch of friends at Target and wanted to confirm whether the rumors were true. It was true. Heh

Lets just act like 2 days before we found out about the delay people working on the game said the PS4 and Xbox One versions were both 1080p and 30FPS.

Also why the fuck is anyone saying they are worried? I am in aww at the way some peopel think on this board.

Around the Network
MB1025 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
J_Allard said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
I have a feeling this is stemming from the fact that they cannot outshine Sony with another major title. When COD came out they hid the fact that the game wasnt 720p resolution from the box. MS talks abot their parity clause and yet they let this game go. I think this definitely has something to do with the console power difference and the portability of different games..

Are you implying The Amazing Spider Man 2 is a major title or is this just more of your usual MS fud? Because lulz to either one.

Hell, Trials is a more "major title" than this and they were perfectly ok with letting it come out.

Also, can you list the Xbone games which MS has put the resolution on the box? Since they apparently specifically hid the CoD resolution.

Lets just act like 2 days before we found out about the delay people working on the game said the PS4 and Xbox One versions were both 1080p and 30FPS.

Also why the fuck is anyone saying they are worried? I am in aww at the way some peopel think on this board.

Dude....they've been talking about the Xbox ones issues with Spiderman for week or so now. One of the actors for the game was telling everyone to buy it and a lot of people last week said they couldnt because the Xbox One version wasnt coming in on time or at all. Companies get worried, they just dont publically state it. You can mostly tell by their actions whats going on. Microsoft works based off of perception, so if they arent percieved to be the best they kind of step off and rethink how next to reinvent their image.

Again...this isnt isn't even the biggest of AAA games. I would hate to see what would happen. It seems like the Xbone is now in the very same position the PS3 was in with multiplats now.

Oh well, it's weird but no big deal.

TheGoldenBoy said:

Its the foreshadowing that is the big deal.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

When a big game gets cancelled I'll take note. Until then this is isolated in my opinion.

TheGoldenBoy said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

When a big game gets cancelled I'll take note. Until then this is isolated in my opinion.

I was never trying to rid you of your opinion. I was just stating the fact that this issue is more a foreshadowing much like other pieces of news.