By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One Version of Amazing Spiderman 2 officially cancelled according to Gamestop.

Not a huge loss, but I wonder one thing: will more games follow?

Around the Network
vivster said:
X1 quality control better than Steam confirmed?

That's not saying a whole lot.

OT: There had to have been some technical issue with that version of the game, but what that issue could've been is baffling to me. Especially, considering the X1 is easier to develop for than the PS3, which is getting a version of the game.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Wii U path. So PS4 is alone now?

Click HERE and be happy 

OttoniBastos said:
globalisateur said:
Maybe it's Microsoft who rejected the game because of their own quality control?

Are you talking about the same quality control that let Fighter within and Ryse son of Rome pass? :P

Quality control is not only about metacritic score. It could be bugs, freezes (like the half a second freezes every minutes on Lego Hobbit on XB1) , crashes, single digit framerate drops (Titanfall).

No imagine one game will all those problems combined + 20fps and constant screen tearing because of the use of a double buffered 1080p framebuffer (until now I have not seen one triple buffered 1080p XB1 game, for instance Tomb Raider DE is 1080p on both PS4 and XB1 but is triple buffered on PS4 only).

If the game's anything like the film then this can only be good news.

Around the Network

The question here is why was it cancelled.

I think the best suggestion is that the game was delayed in certification because of issues, and it would have released later... and by the very fact that they figured out how many sales they would get from XBO and that the delay would mean that it wouldn't be worth the effort (duplicating disks, patch costs etc)... and then decided to drop it.

I would doubt it is parity issues and MS... MS *are* particularly picky about resolution and trying to ensure the XBO has features that set any games released on their platform above their competitors, but we've already seen lots of games with lower resolution etc than PS4 already... if it was due to that (which I don't think it is)... they would be setting a very bad precedent and could end up with publishers deciding its not worth the effort if the hardware isn't up to the job... because the alternative is reducing the performance/resolution of the PS4 version (and if that got out that would be very bad PR)... so i don't think so.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

S.T.A.G.E. said:
I have a feeling this is stemming from the fact that they cannot outshine Sony with another major title. When COD came out they hid the fact that the game wasnt 720p resolution from the box. MS talks abot their parity clause and yet they let this game go. I think this definitely has something to do with the console power difference and the portability of different games..

Are you implying The Amazing Spider Man 2 is a major title or is this just more of your usual MS fud? Because lulz to either one.

Hell, Trials is a more "major title" than this and they were perfectly ok with letting it come out.

Also, can you list the Xbone games which MS has put the resolution on the box? Since they apparently specifically hid the CoD resolution.

J_Allard said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
I have a feeling this is stemming from the fact that they cannot outshine Sony with another major title. When COD came out they hid the fact that the game wasnt 720p resolution from the box. MS talks abot their parity clause and yet they let this game go. I think this definitely has something to do with the console power difference and the portability of different games..

Are you implying The Amazing Spider Man 2 is a major title or is this just more of your usual MS fud? Because lulz to either one.

Hell, Trials is a more "major title" than this and they were perfectly ok with letting it come out.

Also, can you list the Xbone games which MS has put the resolution on the box? Since they apparently specifically hid the CoD resolution.

Trials has won its place in the gaming community. No denying the greatness of that title, but MS is definitely having issues with developers with the Xbone. 

Spiderman is going to be fine, theres no reason for anyone to shut down the game. I think Microsoft cant deal with the bad PR coming to their games. Everything is about PR to them. If they cant control perception its like they give up all together. I think their pride got in the way of their own parity clause. 

As for COD, they did hide the resolution. I was with a bunch of friends at Target and wanted to confirm whether the rumors were true. It was true. Heh

I'm not sure why Sony movie licensed games appear on nonsony platforms in the first place.