By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bought a PS4 hope I made the right choice.

Mr Puggsly said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
In terms of overall potential for the future the PS4 is the shit. The Xbox One is where the party is right now though.

Oh cool, I didn't hear Gears and Halo was coming to PS4.

But seriously, it'll be a case of personal preference as it is every generation.

Um...While MS is acquiring gears and continuing the status quo, Sony is making new games thus making their future brighter. They can be trusted with new IP development. Problem is they cant throw around as much crash like Microsoft. Of course preference finds its way into everything, but I love both of my consoles. I am having more fun with the Xbox One right now though, so really don't know how to respond to that because generally speaking I prefer Sony. Generally doesn't mean I cant ever like another console or product though, but rather a tendency. Gears is my favorite franchise on the Xbox and sorry to say but Sony would've had three or four new IP's out by the time MS even hit the ground running with Gears this gen.

Around the Network

About the console: Excellent choice

The games: Really??? Marvel superhoeroes and a movie videogame????? Wrong
and about MGSV it is a grest game but YOU supported this evil trends of gaming (paying for a very short game-demo)
it is an amazing game (i rented on blockbuster on monday (50% off) so i paid 2 dollars) .
people please understand i know everyone make with their money whatever they want but this is an experiment
to obseve peoples behaivors and guess what 1 million people told kojima that they want to paid for demos

Mr Puggsly said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
In terms of overall potential for the future the PS4 is the shit. The Xbox One is where the party is right now though.

But seriously, it'll be a case of personal preference as it is every generation.

Of course preference always plays a part, but i think he means that from a generalized point of view the PS4 has the most potential for a bright future. Based on the PS1, PS2 and PS3 at least ^^;

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mr Puggsly said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Um...While MS is acquiring gears and continuing the status quo, Sony is making new games thus making their future brighter. They can be trusted with new IP development. Problem is they cant throw around as much crash like Microsoft. Of course preference finds its way into everything, but I love both of my consoles. I am having more fun with the Xbox One right now though, so really don't know how to respond to that because generally speaking I prefer Sony. Generally doesn't mean I cant ever like another console or product though, but rather a tendency. Gears is my favorite franchise on the Xbox and sorry to say but Sony would've had three or four new IP's out by the time MS even hit the ground running with Gears this gen.

So those new Ips that sony has coming by the time gears comes out are excellent and awesome and super fun?  New ips dont mean shit if it's not a good game.

Both of the new consoles are living on future promise, so it makes no difference whether you got PS4 or Xbox.

Around the Network
cmay227 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mr Puggsly said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

So those new Ips that sony has coming by the time gears comes out are excellent and awesome and super fun?  New ips dont mean shit if it's not a good game.

So are you're implying Sony has no track record with trusted developers or what?

Give it time, games are always slow coming in on a new generation but as we all know Sony always delivers. Every gen they pump out the most unique games and fun games.

There is no right or wrong choice, only preferences. Basically, at this point, here are the variables:

1 - Kinect - do you care about motion control?
2 - Exclusives - Do you prefer Sony or Microsoft's exclusives?
3 - Price - PS4 is cheaper.
4 - Performance - PS4 is marginally more powerful.

Basically, you gotta weigh Kinect and Xbox exclusives against Power and PS4 exclusives while factoring the difference in price. Since something like 75-80% of all games will be available on both platforms with barely noticeable differences in performance, you can't really go wrong either way. I personally chose PS4 as a pretty obvious first choice because it was cheaper, I don't give a rat's ass about Kinect, and I like SOny's exclusives a LOT more than I like Microsoft's (in fact, right now Gears of War is the only Xbox Only franchise I'm particularly interested in.)

So, no right or wrong answer, just choices. and like many others have said, don't expect to just get the system and have a wealth of games to play right from the get-go. the libraries grow over time.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

cmay227 said:

New IP's mean plenty, even if they're shit.  Why?  It shows that they're at least trying instead of resting on their laurels.  Not everything works, and not everything is successful, but SOny has - moreso than Nintendo or Microsoft - shown they're willing to take risks and try new things.  

That means a lot to me as a long-time gamer and lover of electronic media. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Marginaly??? I did not know 30-45% could be considered "marginal" but if you say so...

RIP ps3, xbox360.

welcome home ps4 and X1