By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bought a PS4 hope I made the right choice.

No, you did not. With limited money, it was the worst decision, now PS4 games are really expensive and consist of cross-gen games, you could have had the PS360 versions of cheaper games and do not forget that you have to pay for online. These comments on PS4 getting the best versions of MultiPlat is complete BS, the only thing you have is the same game with slightly better graphics than the last gen version that do not worth the full price. bold: IMO

We reap what we sow

Around the Network

I don't really have any intention of paying over £40 for any other game on PS4. I'll just have to wait for things to drop in price.

They are coming down in price a little. Infamous Second Son is a pretty major PS4 game and that's on amazon for £39.85. As is Amazing Spider-man 2.

Call of Duty Ghosts has dropped to £35. Killzone is under £40. There's a few games under £30 now too.

Before they were all around £47. So they are slowly becoming a bit more reasonable with the prices. No game is worth over £40 in my opinion.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
cmay227 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mr Puggsly said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
In terms of overall potential for the future the PS4 is the shit. The Xbox One is where the party is right now though.

Oh cool, I didn't hear Gears and Halo was coming to PS4.

But seriously, it'll be a case of personal preference as it is every generation.

Um...While MS is acquiring gears and continuing the status quo, Sony is making new games thus making their future brighter. They can be trusted with new IP development. Problem is they cant throw around as much crash like Microsoft. Of course preference finds its way into everything, but I love both of my consoles. I am having more fun with the Xbox One right now though, so really don't know how to respond to that because generally speaking I prefer Sony. Generally doesn't mean I cant ever like another console or product though, but rather a tendency. Gears is my favorite franchise on the Xbox and sorry to say but Sony would've had three or four new IP's out by the time MS even hit the ground running with Gears this gen.

So those new Ips that sony has coming by the time gears comes out are excellent and awesome and super fun?  New ips dont mean shit if it's not a good game.

So are you're implying Sony has no track record with trusted developers or what?

What im saying is because a system has new IPs does not make it better if they suck. New ips are good but, established games are what make the money. I constantly see people on here brag about new ips coming to sony and bash MS about only having gears or halo and then say they can't wait to see uncharted 4 or FF XXXXIIII or whatever. I love the prospect of new IPs but most fail and it's not the end all be all on either system. if the 8th sequel in a game sells 8 million copies thats not a bad thing.  having 2000 games on a system and only 50 good games is not better then having 1000 games and 100 good ones. I personaly like both systems (ps4 ,xbox one)  and right now both are collecting dust. very few good games. It's like this every new console generation. Unless your under 30 people should know this.

If people have little money, they should save for possible future problems. I only buy something, when i Lave the extra money to compensate the losses.

e.g. - PS4 400 dollars - I must have (at very least 1200 Dollars or 3 X more)

d21lewis said:
QuintonMcLeod said:

People buy products based on what that product can do now and in the future. People assume that the PS4 will get fantastic games in the future, much like the PS3 did before it. However, with the industry in the shape it's in and with Sony, as a whole, in some serious dire straits, I can't help but feel the PS4's future seems a bit dubious. Each month I hear the software sales for ALL systems are down. A lot of these big budget games aren't showing any return investment on the 3rd party's side of things. Plus, I keep hearing the must-have exclusives being pushed further and further back. It's really hard for me to recommend a PS4 to anyone right now.

That's a bold statement.

*laughs hysterically to self*

I don't think it was.

Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:

You need inFAMOUS: Second Son, and FFXIV!

this.

Ya FFXIV might be subscription bases but the game is only 40 bucks and comes with the 1st 30 days, so for less than the price of a normal game you can play FFXIV for 2 months and from then on if you are still hooked you will play 15 a month which is far cheaping then a game with 60 hours gameplay but no sub fee.

inFamous is a great game but if you are on a tight budget I would wait on that one, its the type of game that will cheap used in a little while (no online mode means not as much longevity) 

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

deskpro2k3 said:

You need inFAMOUS: Second Son, and FFXIV!

this.

Ya FFXIV might be subscription bases but the game is only 40 bucks and comes with the 1st 30 days, so for less than the price of a normal game you can play FFXIV for 2 months and from then on if you are still hooked you will play 15 a month which is far cheaping then a game with 60 hours gameplay but no sub fee.

inFamous is a great game but if you are on a tight budget I would wait on that one, its the type of game that will cheap used in a little while (no online mode means not as much longevity) 

As far as the decision goes.

Its depends if you are living a home with parents (meaning in JH or HS) and just blew 60 percent of your savings then you did exactly what I used to do(save money for months to make this type of purchase) .

If you are on your own and just used the months rent then yes, bad Idea. The way I look at it is which games are expensive, gaming is a fairly cheaper hobby, Yea 60 bucks is a lot in one pop, but most game give you over 100 hours of gameplay if you are a completionist, either way you are paying a buck an hours at most. Now take going to a movie which is usually 9 bucks for a tick movies average 2hours or so, so in that case you are paying 3-4 bucks an hour, and that's not even counting the gas to get to the movie or the fact most eat out when going to a movie. When I take my wife to a movie I spend 18 bucks or so on tickets, 7 on popcorn, then we eat out so at least 30 bucks more give take 10 bucks depending when we go. So for maybe a 4 hour evening I shell out 60-70 bucks.

So my point is in the long run you spend less gaming than many other options.

QuintonMcLeod said:
d21lewis said:
QuintonMcLeod said:

People buy products based on what that product can do now and in the future. People assume that the PS4 will get fantastic games in the future, much like the PS3 did before it. However, with the industry in the shape it's in and with Sony, as a whole, in some serious dire straits, I can't help but feel the PS4's future seems a bit dubious. Each month I hear the software sales for ALL systems are down. A lot of these big budget games aren't showing any return investment on the 3rd party's side of things. Plus, I keep hearing the must-have exclusives being pushed further and further back. It's really hard for me to recommend a PS4 to anyone right now.

That's a bold statement.

*laughs hysterically to self*

I don't think it was.

It was a joke...because you used the bold font....aww, nevermind.

*cries hysterically to self*

You made the right choice. Sony has a good track record in the video game industry, even with the hiccup in 2006. You will get many years of gaming from the console.

And if you said you got an Xbox One, I would also say you made the right choice. Microsoft has proven with the 360 to also have a good track record.

Even if you bought a WiiU, I'd say you made the right choice based on the 1st party games coming for it.

Author of science fiction and other genres, I write under the pen name Desmond Shepherd. The second season of my series The Permanent Man premieres on November 11, 2014. Pre-order the season premiere The Walls Have Ears on Amazon today!