By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bought a PS4 hope I made the right choice.

d21lewis said:
QuintonMcLeod said:
d21lewis said:
QuintonMcLeod said:

People buy products based on what that product can do now and in the future. People assume that the PS4 will get fantastic games in the future, much like the PS3 did before it. However, with the industry in the shape it's in and with Sony, as a whole, in some serious dire straits, I can't help but feel the PS4's future seems a bit dubious. Each month I hear the software sales for ALL systems are down. A lot of these big budget games aren't showing any return investment on the 3rd party's side of things. Plus, I keep hearing the must-have exclusives being pushed further and further back. It's really hard for me to recommend a PS4 to anyone right now.

That's a bold statement.

*laughs hysterically to self*

I don't think it was.

It was a joke...because you used the bold font....aww, nevermind.

*cries hysterically to self*

Oh!

LOLOLOL!

Around the Network

none of the three have the software libraries to survive alone, the only way a pairing would work would be nintendo x microsoft or nintendo x sony, if nintendo dropped out of the game, gaming as a whole would be on its last legs and on the virge of catastrophy at any given moment.

Playstation is here to stay, just like Nintendo, because even if Sony went out of business, its a strong brand and someone would end up buying it and holding the torch.

Microsoft is kind of its own thing. if microsoft announced tomorrow that they were pulling out of the games industry, a lot of people would be mad, a lot of people would be shocked, but in the grand scheme of things, gaming wouldnt change much, except for potentially loosing a few microsoft owned IP's

Wrong choice. There are no games right now. Mine has been collecting dust since November. I won't recommend getting any of the next gen consoles till probably next year.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Pristine20 said:
Wrong choice. There are no games right now. Mine has been collecting dust since November. I won't recommend getting any of the next gen consoles till probably next year.

Well Infamous came out last month and Watch Dogs is out in about a month. October will be a pretty good month for it. The months in between though I'm not really sure.

Well I have it, it's currently doing all the updating and stuff. No games yet though that'll be tomorrow I hope.

This has been yet another PS console I've had where I've been clueless about how to turn it on/where to put the disc in.

Around the Network
Zax said:
Well I have it, it's currently doing all the updating and stuff. No games yet though that'll be tomorrow I hope.

This has been yet another PS console I've had where I've been clueless about how to turn it on/where to put the disc in.

You bought one? Good for you. I hope you have more fun with it than I've had

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Well sadly I still haven't had my games arrive for it so I have nothing to play but I have a good look at the stuff on there and I have mixed opinions.

The web browser seems better, that was important to me because I was forever using the one on PS3. I like the frequently used web pages and how you can search for something and it uses the google search engine.

A lot of other things seem more efficient and easier to use. It's a hell of a lot faster to do things. I also like how with the trophies it tells you what percentage of people have a certain trophy.

I like the controller, the PS3 one seems small in comparison.

It doesn't have a youtube app which was something I used on PS3 a lot also but isn't a huge deal because I just added youtube Tv to my bookmarks.

What I don't like however is something that I really hope will change, I knew about the no MP3 thing and that is a shame but I didn't know about the lack of MP4 aswell. I can't put films on a USB and just shove them on my PS3 to watch anymore and I always put a lot of stuff on my PS3 to watch.

Also there's no pictures like with PS3, you can't save pictures from the internet and them put them in folders and that was another thing that was useful for me.

Some people may say "Well don't you have a PC for that?" Well yes but I always used it for PS3 because it was like my own personal PC with all my music, pictures and films on it.

They may update this though and add those things, some high up guy at Sony said they were surprised how popular that was.

Also the other thing I don't dislike is that I can't game share in the same way I could on PS3 where me and a friend would exchange some things to save ourselves some money.

Zax said:
Well sadly I still haven't had my games arrive for it so I have nothing to play but I have a good look at the stuff on there and I have mixed opinions.

The web browser seems better, that was important to me because I was forever using the one on PS3. I like the frequently used web pages and how you can search for something and it uses the google search engine.

A lot of other things seem more efficient and easier to use. It's a hell of a lot faster to do things. I also like how with the trophies it tells you what percentage of people have a certain trophy.

I like the controller, the PS3 one seems small in comparison.

It doesn't have a youtube app which was something I used on PS3 a lot also but isn't a huge deal because I just added youtube Tv to my bookmarks.

What I don't like however is something that I really hope will change, I knew about the no MP3 thing and that is a shame but I didn't know about the lack of MP4 aswell. I can't put films on a USB and just shove them on my PS3 to watch anymore and I always put a lot of stuff on my PS3 to watch.

Also there's no pictures like with PS3, you can't save pictures from the internet and them put them in folders and that was another thing that was useful for me.

Some people may say "Well don't you have a PC for that?" Well yes but I always used it for PS3 because it was like my own personal PC with all my music, pictures and films on it.

They may update this though and add those things, some high up guy at Sony said they were surprised how popular that was.

Also the other thing I don't dislike is that I can't game share in the same way I could on PS3 where me and a friend would exchange some things to save ourselves some money.

Which points out one of my biggest gripes with both the PS4 and Xbox One.  Both seem to have added a few features but they also gimped a lot of stuff that people used all the time on the previous gen.  I'm sure they will add the functions eventually but it really seems like a step back.  I use my PS3 and 360 waaaaay more than their successors these days.  Probably gonna fire up Arkham Origins on the PS3 and play that for the next few days.

sorry but appears to be a terrible choice (not the console, but the decision to spend so much on such a limited budget). Sales come and go, that price is nothing particularly special and is simply there to attract impulse buyers, better deals will be available throughout the year now that demand isn't outstripping supply.

It was a good price for me as it's £46 cheaper than if I'd bought them separately on amazon. That's the price of a new top priced game.

Imagine my fear yesterday though when I put my PS3 on the day after having the PS4 and twice it automatically shut itself off saying it was too hot when it wasn't.

If my PS3 goes then I'm really gonna be in trouble because I'd still need to get another one.