By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bought a PS4 hope I made the right choice.

QuintonMcLeod said:

People buy products based on what that product can do now and in the future. People assume that the PS4 will get fantastic games in the future, much like the PS3 did before it. However, with the industry in the shape it's in and with Sony, as a whole, in some serious dire straits, I can't help but feel the PS4's future seems a bit dubious. Each month I hear the software sales for ALL systems are down. A lot of these big budget games aren't showing any return investment on the 3rd party's side of things. Plus, I keep hearing the must-have exclusives being pushed further and further back. It's really hard for me to recommend a PS4 to anyone right now.

That's a bold statement.

*laughs hysterically to self*

Around the Network

yes it was a mistake. not because you should have chosen another system but because of how you are choosing to use your free time and money when you have no job.

Everyone who's gotten a PS4 hopes they made a right choice. We won't really know till 2015-2016 :P.

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)

If you were just looking to play cross gen. games then I'd say you jumed ship too soon.  There isn't a lot of must have exclusives on PS4 yet, especially compaired to the PS3 wich has a much better library curently.

You probabally should have just waited until Batman came out later this year.

With a Sony Console you never go wrong, easy as that.   PSOne, PS2, PS3 all offered an incredible game experience, PS4 will just continue and better the previous experience. I can't really wait for this E3, new IPs will be announced and most probably Gameplay footage of Uncharted4.  Welcome on board.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Around the Network

You can't make a wrong choice. All 3 consoles have, or are going to have, excellent games. The only question is whether you bought an 8th gen console too early, well it's not too early for Wii U, but arguably waiting for a bit before getting PS4bone is the best thing right now. I didn't wait and currently my gaming time is split 40% PS3, 40% PC and 20% PS4. I'd have preferred to be spending 50% of my game time on my new console to make it feel like value for money, but it'll come.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Zax said:

...All of this set me back £405 which to someone who doesn't have a job that's 60% of my money gone lol.

Uhhh.... I'm going with horrible choice

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

greencactaur said:
Everyone who's gotten a PS4 hopes they made a right choice. We won't really know till 2015-2016 :P.

Well it already give to me more than I expected... it is like drug or sex when you do the first time you can't stop anymore... my PS3 is collecting dust and I need to play the new games I bought to it like Tales of Xiila.

Warframe is my new hobbie.

When I say I hope I made the right choice it was about getting the PS4 at that time and not waiting for it (until the October I had planned on getting it). Not whether I made the right choice about choosing the PS4 over the Xbox because I never had any intention of getting the Xbox to begin with.

Zax said:
When I say I hope I made the right choice it was about getting the PS4 at that time and not waiting for it (until the October I had planned on getting it). Not whether I made the right choice about choosing the PS4 over the Xbox because I never had any intention of getting the Xbox to begin with.

I think you should have waited.  After the initial rush of owning an 8th gen console died off, my consoles have been gathering dust.  My Wii U is used for Resident Evil Revelations (a game available on PS3 and 360), Xbox One is for TV and a little Titanfall, and PS4 is for decoration, apparently.  Even if somebody can afford them, I think waiting is a good idea.  I just spent most of my night playing Gears of War 2 and it gave me more joy than pretty much anything the 8th gen home consoles have (aside from SM3DW and Pikmin 3) if that says anything. 

I wanna know what you think when you get it, though but I think you'll be disappointed within two weeks.