By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bought a PS4 hope I made the right choice.

You need inFAMOUS: Second Son, and FFXIV!

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

Well, first of all, I think you should focus on essentials if you don't have steady income coming in. Essentials being anything but luxury items. Sales and discounts come and go so there's no need to rush it if you're financially disadvantaged, especially since none of the current gen systems have any truly compelling software right now (with a few exceptions).

As for the PS4, as long as it reflects your tastes better than the other machines, then yes. In my view, it seems to have the best offerings of the 3, but that's subjective. It depends on how you interpret it. But I'd say you made the "best choice" with respect to purchasing a 8th gen system.

At this point it's a sunk cost and I suggest you make the best of it. Enjoy your PS4.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Zax said:

I hadn't intended to buy one but there is a sale on the Tesco website that allows you to get 10% off of orders over £75, this only lasts until tommorow so if anyone else from UK wants one be quick about it.

I also had Metal Gear Ground Zeroes, Lego Marvel Superheroes and Amazing Spider-man 2. All of this set me back £405 which to someone who doesn't have a job that's 60% of my money gone lol.

Is this really 'lol'? I don't think that is funny at all.

vivster said:
Always the right choice to give money to multibillion dollar corporations.

always right to write nonsense

The console is gonna last you at least 5 years and will most probably be the market leader with the best support. I think the decision was fine.

Around the Network

Right choice.

I'd say it's the right call, for two reasons;

1) The PS4 has the best hardware out of the three and so it has, and will likely always have the most multi-platform games, as well as the best-performing versions of them (pimp PCs aside).

2) Whilst Nintendo and Microsoft have both tried to chase the casual market and abandoned their core audience in the process, Sony never have, they instead chose to double down on their core market and that's what's got them to where they are now. Because of that, and their general track record for exclusive titles, you know that with the PS4 you'll have the widest possible range of high-quality exclusives over the next six years, in both old and new IP alike (which is where MS and Nintendo DEFINTELY fail).

Judging by one or two of the responses I wonder if some people actually read beyond the title lol

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Yes you did make the right choice.

Congrats on your purchase!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---