By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Minecraft PS4 will have infinite worlds confirmed!

crissindahouse said:

Nice, one of the bigger problems of the last gen versions are the small worlds. Now just confirm stuff like hopper, daylight detectors and all the other missing stuff and I'm happy.

I think with a bit of work 4J could up their team and be on par with PC updates. Its a shame they make so much money but dont seem to use it to improve themselves. The PC updates / features come but too many months late.

Around the Network

Same as the PC version? That's pretty damn nice indeed!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Hope the Vita version is comparable, although I won't expect infinite worlds.

brendude13 said:

Hope the Vita version is comparable, although I won't expect infinite worlds.

They've confirmed on EU and US blog that vita version is up to date with console versions in terms of features but map size will be closer to ps3.
I'd assume they'd be eventually able to get vita version to infinite (or much larger than it is now) considering Mojang are planning to make pocket edition infinite.

Dgc1808 said:
poklane said:
With infinite, do they mean actually infinite, or the infinite from the PC version where the map is huge, but beyond the boundaries blocks don't have barriers and you can't build there? I'm guessing the same as PC?

So not really infinite but 9.3Million times the surface area of earth is pretty damn huge. Might as well say infinite as no one will waste their time exploring all of it....

Indeed. By saying, "infinite", what is implied is merely a quantity so large that the difference between said quantity and anything larger would be of little consequence.

Around the Network

MODs on Consoles?

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

The only benefit I see to this is it ensures every world has substantial amount of resources unlike thre current 360 worlds. It is easy to have very little desert, or not enough jungle biome etc. I still will miss being able to load really cool seeds to ensure you start in a really cool world.

Really though thus far it does not sound much different than the current console versions.

chocoloco said:
The only benefit I see to this is it ensures every world has substantial amount of resources unlike thre current 360 worlds. It is easy to have very little desert, or not enough jungle biome etc. I still will miss being able to load really cool seeds to ensure you start in a really cool world.

Really though thus far it does not sound much different than the current console versions.

Space is also not enough on 360/ps3. Resources are one problem but if you work with some people on the same map to build some big things, the maps are really too small not only because of the few resources. 

If you want to build as example a world with a big lake in a forest and some buildings or whatever around the forest you are already damned because the space is just enough for the  forest but nothing else^^

crissindahouse said:
chocoloco said:

Space is also not enough on 360/ps3. Resources are one problem but if you work with some people on the same map to build some big things, the maps are really too small not only because of the few resources. 

If you want to build as example a world with a big lake in a forest and some buildings or whatever around the forest you are already damned because the space is just enough for the  forest but nothing else^^

I guess I would enjoy it. But you cannot miss what you have never experienced. I am sure I will buy it day one on PS4. Also, the light sensor has been on the 360 for at least six months.

crissindahouse said:
chocoloco said:

Since Minecraft is written in Java it has a lot of memory limitations, specifically render distance, object rendering, and framerate.

Current consoles would mainly be limited by their low amounts of ram.

Thus more importantly then larger worlds, the ps4/xb1 can process them faster, with increased far render distances, and more objects on screen at one time while maintaining excelent framerates. Should be dramtic improvements and more akin to the PC version, even possibly exceeding PCs without its ram capabilities.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank