By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Minecraft PS4 will have infinite worlds confirmed!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/04/16/minecraft-playstation-3-edition-coming-to-retail-may-16th/

Check reply to second 13th comment.

"PS4 will definitely have infinite worlds!"

Also from what it seems from comments, you get ps vita and ps3 edition seem to be cross buy and ps4 edition seems to be upgradeable, but not confirmed.

Xbox one only confirmed to have "larger worlds" so far, likely will be infinite too.

Around the Network

At first I was like 'wow' then I was like 'how does it works?'

Or I missed an update but so far you can't really teleport right? Only between the netherrealm and your world?

GamechaserBE said:
At first I was like 'wow' then I was like 'how does it works?'

Or I missed an update but so far you can't really teleport right? Only between the netherrealm and your world?

You can teleport to other players, kinda.

With infinite, do they mean actually infinite, or the infinite from the PC version where the map is huge, but beyond the boundaries blocks don't have barriers and you can't build there? I'm guessing the same as PC?

poklane said:
With infinite, do they mean actually infinite, or the infinite from the PC version where the map is huge, but beyond the boundaries blocks don't have barriers and you can't build there? I'm guessing the same as PC?

Mostly 4J have been doing what PC mojang have but months later so most likely same as PC

Around the Network

This is some pretty damn good news.

Having played the 360 version extensively, boy did it get annoying having to load up new seeds to try find that place that was just "right" to start the build.

Gen 8 is gonna kick some seriously booty when it comes to open world stuff.

poklane said:

The world is randomly generated and saved the furthur out you go. From the Minecraft Wiki about the PC version: 

are somewhat infinitely big - They are made up of chunks; this means that as the player explores the map distant chunks are generated automatically, leading to theoretically infinite maps. In practice, technical reasons (the limits of 32-bit math[1]) force the maximum map size, including the Far Lands, to be around 9.3 million times the surface area of Earth [1], which comes out to about 4.7 quadrillion km2 (The hard limit where chunks are overwritten is at X/Z of ±34,359,738,368, making the world at most 68,719,476,736 meters wide and long, which is about 4,722,366,482,869,645 km2. When compared to Earth's total surface area, 510,072,000 km2, this works out to be about 9,258,235 times that). Whilst the horizontal planes of the maps are vast in size, the vertical plane remains at a fixed (soft limit) 256-block height [2].

So not really infinite but 9.3Million times the surface area of earth is pretty damn huge. Might as well say infinite as no one will waste their time exploring all of it.... at least I hope not... PS4 version might be something like just 100 Earths and it would be ok for them to say infinite since players would never see it all. Not to mention each new game is a completely different world. I wouldn't be suprised if the numbers were similar to the PC version, though.

4 ≈ One

I fail to see how this is a big deal

Maxxy said:
I fail to see how this is a big deal

Just a heads up, not every thread is meant to be a big deal. The OP is just posting news for those that are interested.

4 ≈ One

Nice, one of the bigger problems of the last gen versions are the small worlds. Now just confirm stuff like hopper, daylight detectors and all the other missing stuff and I'm happy.