By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware/US Software April 19th up!

tbone51 said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

Its funny you only see certain people posting in these threads when their console sells well to boast about it, when it doesn't they are nowhere to be seen.  

Im Here :'(

you're a bone, not a person. 

Around the Network

Pretty good for X1 this week.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

leyendax69 said:
tbone51 said:

It sounds like im joking but 

1. It was 10k-11k on the month of March (avg 2000-2200 weekly) *5 Week Month

2. Last month had vita games (including  FFX), this month had conception II (or watever its called)

3. Vita 2000 comes out next month and many stores arent getting vita model 1 (Sony wants to stop its productions)

We might see NPD of Apr (Vita) be anywhere between 4k-8k since its a 4 week month o.O

Might be true, but still. I remember it was selling more than 5k steadily (which it was already awful). If with 2700 its overtracked now is a nightmare lol. And btw, is not strange that Vita sells good in rest of the world, playstation is really popular in south america and other countries outside of US, there is always a ton of deals so is not surprising. I say it for a comment you made above^

Definetly not strange when Sony does good in the other countries outside asia/NoA/Europe, but its selling on par with Europe... Has this happened before?

If so my mistake!

tbone51 said:

Definetly not strange when Sony does good in the other countries outside asia/NoA/Europe, but its selling on par with Europe... Has this happened before?

If so my mistake!

Don't know but if you look at PSP lifetime numbers, they are just a little less in RoW compared to japan. So 6k is actually on a possible range.

I really don't understand these numbers. Since January VGC always put the One ahead and everytime they are wrong. So why they do that ? They are juste loosing their credibility. Maybe this time they are right but I doubt it.

Around the Network

Unless the Vita gets games like GTA and Gran Turismo, it will remain dead in the West. Plain and simple!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

GotBoth said:
Either Ioi (or whatever his name is) is a complete joke or his tracking methods are a complete joke.

Both. The methodology is terrible and highly inaccurate. As someone who has taken biostatistics, ioi's way of sampling is poor. NPD samples over 50% of the sales while ioi doesn't even come close to sampling 50%. Because he uses such a small sample size, the margin of error is very high, as proven whenever the NPD results come out. I find the US sales to be highly suspicious because the XOne, for some odd reason, stays constant after Titanfall is long gone and after the price tag went back up to $500. Meanwhile, the PS4 just randomly dropped. What's worse is that even after the NPD results are released, VGC does not properly adjust its numbers.

Fusioncode said:
Horrendous tracking, can't wait for NPD results to show wrong this site is AGAIN. It's like ioi doesn't want this site to be taken seriously.

Month after month, the PS4 is undertracked while the XOne has been overtracked with the exception of February where it was horrendously undertracked. Just wild inconsistency everywhere...

Questionable numbers.

1. NPD is more relible than vgchartz. VGC has a history of gauging it's numbers off of NPD. Gaming companies always use NPD numbers because they are accurate. With those points made, these weekly numbers are showing no trend and do not makes sense when NPD had the PS4 outselling the X1 by 15k a week the month before. No new games, no price cut, nothing to suggest a reverse in the PS4's fortunes.

The only few things I can suggest is PS4 met demand, X1's Titanfall is recieving good word of mouth amoungst gamers and/or Bill Gates has been rubbing the hell out of that magic lamp.

2. European numbers also seem a little strange. The gap should be bigger unless same reasons apply mentioned 2 sentences back.

pezus said:

I put more emphasis on the important bits

you should also add in the fact that MS annunced a slowing in production 

Max King of the Wild said:
pezus said:

I put more emphasis on the important bits

you should also add in the fact that MS annunced a slowing in production 

In all fairness you would expect production to slow down after a launch and from January onwards to be ramped up again around November.