By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 vs Xbox One Games Chart from November to May Shows a Striking Difference

Ronster316 said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

I am quite sure Resogun has been played FAR more than a mere 20 hours. I agree not all indie titles may be worth it. Nor will they appeal to everyone but they give diversity and options. Which is the point of the list. There is no issue with the PS4s current line up of games....especially not for a freaking 6 month old console lol. Multiplats sell better than exclusives and always have this is a freaking fact. There are plenty of games to play on the PS4 and the XB1 right now. Neither really has much "retail exclusive" wise out they are in my opinion dead even. But then it just depends on what you prefer to play. Heck I know people who bought Titanfall a freaking full MP game that don't touch it any more. Does that mean there is an issue with the XB1(just using that as a comparison to the Second Son issue you mentioned).

Then when people use the games are on last gens systems reasoning it is also silly. Because what if those people didn't get those games on last gen systems and wanted them on their PS4/XB1? What we just disregard those games because some of us had the systems and got the games for that system? Not talking about you here just speaking in general because it came to mind lol. There are lots of games to play on both systems and both are lacking "retail exclusive" wise at the moment. Which is also not an issue as it is only their first year and I am sure both have lots of games coming up and will even annouce more games at E3, TGS etc....

So you could say in theory that considering their install bases, both X1 & ps4 are been played for around the same amount of time maybe?

The thing with that is........ ps4 has TONNES more games according to some of the faithful here, if theres tonnes more games, then why is it not getting a hell of a lot more attention than the X1 with regards to playtime?

For every Resogun (which i hear clocks in at around 3-5 hours for the average player) there are nine other 1-2 hour long games, hence its still gonna be around approx 20 hours combined.

Sure, one or two of those 10 games may get a fair bit more playtime than others (like Resogun as you mentioned), but the 90% thing stands for me because 90% of indie games are nothing more than party stick mini snacks)

But the PS4 does have more games lol. The 360 had more games than the PS3 thanks to XBLA but that didn't help it with more play time. I am not saying you are wrong I am just saying even those 1-2 hours games people seem to play over again just like any other game. And it gives them options and more things to play. Which is fine so even if you don't prefer them they still can't be ignored.

Most people have more multiplat games than exclusives and there are PLENTY of those to play on both systems. I just think people are over reacting and jumping the gun on 5 month old consoles. As I said to Sales we were having this ducusiion at this same time in 2015 then it would have substance and meaning but 5months in without even giving the consoles time is just silly lol.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network

I see what you're saying Naruto, and of course for some (maybe most, maybe not, it's all subjective) what you are saying is right (and i agree to a degree too)

However, if there are many more games on the ps4, but the ps4 & X1 are getting around the same amount of playtime (and what i mean by that is, a fair few X1 & ps4 gamers are already saying they are getting a bit bored, and  going back to their ps3/360's until next gen business picks up), that for me means that the X1's best games are getting far more playtime than the ps4's best games at this stage.

Case in point..... all those who completed Second son within 2-3 days of it coming out.

Ronster316 said:

I see what you're saying Naruto, and of course for some (maybe most, maybe not, it's all subjective) what you are saying is right (and i agree to a degree too)

However, if there are many more games on the ps4, but the ps4 & X1 are getting around the same amount of playtime (and what i mean by that is, a fair few X1 & ps4 gamers are already saying they are getting a bit bored, and  going back to their ps3/360's until next gen business picks up), that for me means that the X1's best games are getting far more playtime than the ps4's best games at this stage.

Case in point..... all those who completed Second son within 2-3 days of it coming out

That works for me lol.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

sales2099 said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

How would you know that the average consumer considers Metacritic as the main judgement of their own personal view of quality. Its completly arbitrary, and it artificially qualifies games based on someone elses opinion. Even in the movie industry, its common for the fans and the critics to disagree, critical acclaim is just a buzz word.

An RPG/Open World gamer would have a vastly different list then someone who prefers FPSes. If you switched there lists, it would be absolutely worthless to either of them.

All Metacritic is in an aggregate of "expert" and fan reviews. Its just a more complicated version of the previous example. If your going to make a list it is only valid if it is objective, once you start qualifying it becomes useless to any consumer whose prefrences didn't match the reviewer's.

Gamign and movies should not be compared. And listing games with 60's meta and 50's or below is a slippery slope. We on gaming internet sites use metacritic, so our lists cater to us, not for the average consumer that doesn't even frequent the sites we use. Again, the system aint perfect but its the best we have and the positives/negatives effect both sides equally.

I'm not comparing Gaming and Movies, i'm pointing out a parallel that is shared by all forms of media and entertainment, critical acclaim does not dirctly correlate with popular opinion. Regardless, this thread shows the difference between the quantity of the games of xb1 and ps4, not the metacritic rating filter (which is not != quality). Furthermore, Metacritic's reviews aren't balanced equally either. Simple things such as, the numbers of reviews on one system versus another, popular opinion, etc, can skew the results.

Like I said the only thing this list shows is the quantity of games on either system, artificially limiting it by metacrtic is just the quantity of games with metacritic over 70, I can't be used out of context and it doesn't prove anything other than what it shows.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

The most striking aspect of this list is that the XBox has the games I most want to play. YMMV

Around the Network
TheBlackNaruto said:
sales2099 said:
TheBlackNaruto said:
Sigh people complain about new agendas when they previously had the same. Then complain that you can't do this and that when they previously did the same. Then say it is not about quantity it is about quality but want to disregard the indie titles that have scored better than basically EVERY retail exclusive. Then say others say it is about what you like not what all it has. This thread has gotten crazy lol.

All the list does is show available and up coming games for both the PS4 and XB1. And as it CURRENTLY stands the PS4 has more games and more coming up regardless of what ANY of us have to say. Doesn't matter if you personally like the games or not RIGHT NOW the PS4 has MORE games between the two. Now will all of the games appeal to everyone? But that is true for any console...no matter how many games it has all of them don't appeal to everyone. So what does this mean in the end? It means YOU get whichever system best suits what YOU want to play and stick with it. No need to debate quality over and over and over again. Because what may be QUALITY to you may not be QUALITY to someone else. It is all about what you PREFER to play. All this other arguing that is going on is silly and meaningless. The list shows the NUMBER of games for both consoles not which is BETTER or more QUALITY but the number of games. Not the number you PREFER to play or choose to play but the number available.....geez people.

Well PS3 fans had it right last gen so we are technically in the right now. And since you guys viewed us as wrong last gen, your logic is as of now also wrong ;).

It should be about quality and not quantity.....as real gamers quality should be the priority right?

"disregard the indie titles that have scored better than basically EVERY retail exclusive" - I learned last gen the hard way that gamers instinctively prioritize AAA over indie. 9/10 gamers would pick Last of Us over say Geometry Wars 2, despite both being 90+ meta scores. Contextually speaking, AAA has always had a edge and lists should reflect this.

Your message seems righteous enough but this thread (OP) is a trojan horse to just say in yet another way that PS4 is better, but especially to bolster their lack of AAA exclusives by hiding them among the indies. X1 currently has a more diverse AAA lineup so these lists will be the trend for the foreseable future.

Huh? But I was NEVER one of those PS3 fans that felt that way lol. I felt the 360 had some AMAZING titles on XBLA and never understood why so many people were trying to down play them. I was the one(a guy who prefers the PS consoles) who AGREED with you and the points you made about the 360/PS3 games lists lol so no I am still correct as you were back then :-p.But have chosen to be wrong now which is sad

While I agree that as gaming fans we shoudl want more quality(which is only really personal opinion lol) AAA games. But the thing is we have those especially thanks to multiplats(which sell more than any exclusives on any console). And as I stated to someone else we are not even a full 5 months into either consoles life cycle lol. So why we are SO freaking prematurely jumping the gun on games in beyond me. It it were this same time in 2015 THEN more people here would have a point but not even a FULL 5 MONTHS IN....this just silly and pointless lol. Give both companies some time for the "retail AAA exclusives" people...until then enjoy all the freak "retaill AAA multiplats" that we are all getting lol.

Ah yes you are one of the exceptions. Just referring to the majority that felt that way I suppose. Im sorry but my mind has somewhat changed: I still view indies as a great complement to the library. That said, I don't think they should be classified as system sellers, nor should be on equal terms with AAA games.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Ronster316 said:
Well over 100 posts in to this thread now.......... that alone shows that there clearly is an issue here with regards to the ps4's current line up of games.

With regards to indie games, in 90% of cases they are nothing more than 2-3 hour long and 1-2 day time fillers.

(that's always been my stance on these indie games, even when the 360 was swamped with them last gen, my old posts will back that statement up 100%)

Second son is getting platinumed left, right & centre at an alarmingly fast rate...... why? whether most on here who do favour sony would like to admit it or not, there clearly is a lack of appealing quality lenghty games on the ps4 right now.

So many qualifiers! I can do it too: there is clearly a lack of appealing, cinematic, casual, open world, slower paced games on the X1 right now. See how easily I can discount a library by, instead of liking a game for what it is, adding a bunch of descriptors to negate the game?

And considering my 33+ hours in Warframe, for exampl, I wouldn't say that's a "2-3 hour long, 1-2 day time filler".

And ISS is getting platinumed left and right? Strange that a game that is averaging 20 hours to 100% is getting "platinumed left, right and centre at an alarmingly fast rate".

Man....a list merely pointing out which games are out right now and will be releasing soon really has struck a nerve with some people.....

Read most of the posts in here. Got to love some of the poor reasoning/excuses from the Xbox fans. But, hey, I guess that's how you react when one of the last arguments you have against the competition is ripped from your hands. Can't really argue specs/secret sauce, anymore. Sales are greatly in favor of the PS4, also. So, gotta fight for that "no games" argument to stay alive.

BMaker11 said:
Ronster316 said:
Well over 100 posts in to this thread now.......... that alone shows that there clearly is an issue here with regards to the ps4's current line up of games.

With regards to indie games, in 90% of cases they are nothing more than 2-3 hour long and 1-2 day time fillers.

(that's always been my stance on these indie games, even when the 360 was swamped with them last gen, my old posts will back that statement up 100%)

Second son is getting platinumed left, right & centre at an alarmingly fast rate...... why? whether most on here who do favour sony would like to admit it or not, there clearly is a lack of appealing quality lenghty games on the ps4 right now.

So many qualifiers! I can do it do: there is clearly a lack of appealing, cinematic, casual, open world, slower paced games on the X1 right now. See how easily I can discount a library by, instead of liking a game for what it is, adding a bunch of descriptors to negate the game?

And considering my 33+ hours in Warframe, for exampl, I wouldn't say that's a "2-3 hour long, 1-2 day time filler".

And ISS is getting platinumed left and right? Strange that a game that is averaging 20 hours to 100% is getting "platinumed left, right and centre at an alarmingly fast rate".

Man....a list merely pointing out which games are out right now and will be releasing soon really has struck a nerve with some people.....

Precisely............ only 20 hours to 100%. (ie 2-3 days like i said for those who put a good few nights work in on it)

Kinda shows that there is sod all else out there thats appealing to the sony crowd if they can rush through a game so quickly just to feed their starvation.

I'm not disputing that for a few out there games like Warframe and Resogun may get a bit more time put in to them than what i mentioned.

I wouldn't put that number at a high percentage though, far from it.

I know it was already on the PS3 and PC (which in this case it does not compete) but FF XIV ARR is a pretty big deal not being on a MS console. Right now FF XIV offers the most gameplay of any game out. Having an MMO type timesink game like this in the 1st year of the console really does blunt the lack of a library. For instance by the time I am done with game (plan on playing at least 3 months) I will have Watchdogs and TLOU PS4 (never got around to playing it on PS3 was hooked on GW2 all last summer) waiting to be played with the fall releases right around the corner.

Right now it is safe to say that XB1= Titanfall.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut