By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - BOLD & DARING Prediction PS4 WILL go below 100k WW at least one week this year

Will this prediction come true?

Yes 125 56.82%

No 74 33.64%

Phreakin' copy cat! 21 9.55%

Total:220
Blood_Tears said:

No one would have predicted the PS4 version to have outsold MK U by close to 300k so far.

...Pretty sure most people predicted WD (PS4) to outsell MK U. The fact that it is so close right now (and MK8 has better legs) is far more surprising. MK8 has sold brilliantly so far, far above a lot of people's expectations so this comment just seems misinformed.

Around the Network

To be fair, this topic and poll were created before Driveclub's announcement as an October release. Many would have thought that Summer was bringing both Driveclub and TLOU HD
I don't think i was around here to vote anyway

sundin13 said:
Blood_Tears said:

No one would have predicted the PS4 version to have outsold MK U by close to 300k so far.

...Pretty sure most people predicted WD (PS4) to outsell MK U. The fact that it is so close right now (and MK8 has better legs) is far more surprising. MK8 has sold brilliantly so far, far above a lot of people's expectations so this comment just seems misinformed.

Do you have the prediction chart there for reference? I've seen a lot of predictions saying MK U will sell a lot more then it has so far (Along with saving the Wii U) so I am not uninformed. WD's is a new IP and having just 1 version sell over a well known IP of MK is unheard of. Also, I didn't say it didn't sell well but it is also down compared to the last 2 iterations of the series.

So glad I don't have to eat any crow here.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Blood_Tears said:

Do you have the prediction chart there for reference? I've seen a lot of predictions saying MK U will sell a lot more then it has so far (Along with saving the Wii U) so I am not uninformed. WD's is a new IP and having just 1 version sell over a well known IP of MK is unheard of. Also, I didn't say it didn't sell well but it is also down compared to the last 2 iterations of the series.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=177039

As you can see,  many people weren't expecting it to break 1M first week and sites like polygon predicted around 1.3mil lifetime sales for MK8. Only 5 out of 60ish people predicted over 1M in sales for the first week (lifetime sales predictions are massive though). Watch Dogs on the other hand had a Massive hype machine behind it and it rode the wave of the PS4's momentum. Additionally, Mario Kart is known largely for legs which it is showing by outselling WD (PS4) for the last few weeks.

Around the Network

um... yeah june will be adjusted up based on npd

as for now i want an apology

Play Me

BHR-3 said:
um... yeah june will be adjusted up based on npd

as for now i want an apology

Sorry, ironically I was the confident one.

adjustments up we are still in it, week b4 WD releases is lowest at 107k

Play Me

So it hasn't actually dropped below 100k yet?

brendude13 said:
So it hasn't actually dropped below 100k yet?

Nope, not yet. Lowest it's gone is 107k (the week prior to WD). The weeks people previously thought were sub 100k have been adjusted up about 20k each.

Yay for people preemptively calling things.