By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Last of Us (PS4) versus Halo 2 (One) RESET- VOTE AGAIN PLEASE

Tagged games:

who wins?

TLOU by 0.5m 32 12.40%

TLOU by 1.0m 36 13.95%

TLOU by 1.5m 11 4.26%

TLOU by 2.0m + 50 19.38%

Halo 2 by 0.5m 23 8.91%

Halo 2 by 1.0m 24 9.30%

Halo 2 by 1.5m 9 3.49%

Halo 2 by 2.0m+ 34 13.18%

See Results 34 13.18%

Total:253

I think TLoU remake will outsell the Halo 2 remake by about 20% I think if all things were equal it would be the other way round, but because TLoU is releasing on a console with a larger install base and during a dry period where it does not have any competition, this will be the case.

I may have got that wrong though, I was under the impression that Halo 2 was rumored to be coming out during the holidays? Nostalgia aside I can't see it putting up much of a fight for the holiday bucks against CoD and AC. I feel the same way about the tomb raider remake, and I think it sold well because it chose to stay far away from the festive season.

Around the Network

Depends, really.
If they make the multiplayer like Halo 4 with loadouts, sprint, unbalanced weapons, less emphasis on free for all, nothing but Halo 5 beta maps, and ordnance drops then I could see TLOU winning.
Now if it's 100% like Halo 2 with updated graphics, forge added and some extra campaign content then Halo 2 will crush TLOU

Hell, I might actually have to buy an Xbone just for it if 343 doesn't screw it up.

I think Tlou sold 750k more.

EB1994 said:
JayWood2010 said:

It's funny, because this poll disregards every single thing you said in this post.

lol Not really since the poll has no options.  Poll cant disregard what i said when it isnt even relative to what i said xD

Well no duh :)

Around the Network

Useless comparison, Halo 2 will obviously sell much better.

Those who wanted to play TLOU played it 1 year ago so of course, it will barely sell 1M if they are lucky, when Halo 2 is very old, it will look like a new game, a lot of young gamers never played it, and most of all, it is the christmas microsoft game, and those who waited Halo 5 will buy this one to have at least some Halo to play.

There is no battle, this comparison is pointless.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Well at least he's got hard evidence to complain about Sony fans with now! LOOK AT THAT POLL!

Halo 2 will easily win thanks to bundurus and the fact that Halo is a pretty big franchise!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

kowenicki said:
Aerys said:
Useless comparison, Halo 2 will obviously sell much better.

Those who wanted to play TLOU played it 1 year ago so of course, it will barely sell 1M if they are lucky, when Halo 2 is very old, it will look like a new game, a lot of young gamers never played it, and most of all, it is the christmas microsoft game, and those who waited Halo 5 will buy this one to have at least some Halo to play.

There is no battle, this comparison is pointless.

The poll disagrees. Most think TLOU, with 2.25m more being a particular favourite.

This thread is a joke like you said or a thread you will seriously  use to troll later ? You need to choose.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

That's a salty Kowen.

- Moderated,

Carl