By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Man, Did Some People Get This Gen Wrong

A Sony fan starting a thread to crow about PS4 sales. How original.

Around the Network

Look if multiple users get banned for saying stuff similair to devilrising, is there a possibility its an issue with the thread.

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=152409&page=10#7

this thread had some wrong too.

CommonNinja said:

Xbox One has been selling verry well in NA considering it's 50-100$ more expensive.  If they drop the price to 400$ at E3, then I predict that Xbox One will take back NA. by christmas.

I know some people have been saying "well its already 400$ technically", but the problem is that a lot of coustomers still don't know about some of the deals going on at retailers, and even then, the PS4 still has a lower sticker price.

PS4 is a superior product thats just a fact, PS4 has much better good will from the general public.

X1 has to cost less to maybe match PS4 with bundles, it has to cost considerably less to ever beat it.

kirby007 said:
do not create threads, posts or signatures just to bait people of a specific fan group. Bait threads will be locked and you will be moderated for them. If you spend a lot of time making hit-and-run negative threads or posts about a specific platform you will also be moderated at the discretion of the moderators.

We have already had 2-3 mods in here saying it was okay, as long as it didn't turn into a shitstorm.  You are attempting to do that.  Now, either contribute to the thread OR report it and leave OR stop derailing the thread or I will have to report you.

Around the Network
BeElite said:
CommonNinja said:

Xbox One has been selling verry well in NA considering it's 50-100$ more expensive.  If they drop the price to 400$ at E3, then I predict that Xbox One will take back NA. by christmas.

I know some people have been saying "well its already 400$ technically", but the problem is that a lot of coustomers still don't know about some of the deals going on at retailers, and even then, the PS4 still has a lower sticker price.

PS4 is a superior product thats just a fact, PS4 has much better good will from the general public.

X1 has to cost less to maybe match PS4 with bundles, it has to cost considerably less to ever beat it.

PS4 is a superior product?

Really,

care to back that up with some facts?

.....and selling more doesn't count because the PS4 is cheaper by 100$.

CommonNinja said:
thismeintiel said:

"PS4 has no chance to win America. Once Xbox One drops price to $399 combined with Titanfall and Halo N.America will be Xbox territory. 

Guess you can Quote me when I turn out to be wrong, but I actually agree with this one.....well, at least if they drop to $400 quick enough.

Lol, I'm not going to qoute you.  I'm good with this one thread, unless people start posting really nutty stuff. 

Personally, I think it's going to take a $350 price point to compete with the PS4.  March had a $450 price for the One, Kinect AND a game, plus the release of the incredibly hyped Titanfall, yet 60K more people chose the PS4.  While I agree that people don't think "Well, since I get Kinect with the One, that basically makes it $400-$450 for the One."  But, when you package a game for free at $450, they will think they are basically getting the One for $400.  Especially since it was cheaper to buy a One with Titanfall than it was to buy the PS4 with Infamous, and you got Kinect on top of that.

Without people getting taxbreaks, or another hyped game, April may end up more like January.  Which is when the PS4 outsold the One by 130K, or nearly 2x the amount the One sold.

bananaking21 said:
J_Allard said:
Not even people who predicted PS4 would win this gen could have known MS would emphasize Kinect and profit so much early on. A vast majority of predictions were wrong no matter who was picked to win.

say what now?

He's going off the meme that MS is focused on profit up-front vs. how it worked last gen.
Except Sony is doing the exact same.  You can compare the "bill of materials" to sale price, and it is equivalent.
Further, MS basically did float a trial balloon of dropping price/subsidizing more (selling at loss) with the Titanfall bundle,
which basically was sold at the same price as PS4 console, while still including Kinect: IT DIDN'T CHANGE ANYTHING.
(certainly NOT EVERYBODY knew of/was able to take advantage of the bundle, but it should still show SOME EFFECT, which it did not)

So mere price partiy is not enough for MS to change the situation, if anything they need to have a price ADVANTAGE, and a significant one.
The ONLY WAY TO DO THAT is to drop Kinect AND further subsidize the console.  Maybe they will try that this next holiday.
The actual reality of public demand means Sony de facto has a massive advantage without even trying, they beat MS' subsidized Titanfall combos.
So if there is any economic sense in MS subsidizing a future Kinect-less SKU,
there is MUCH MORE sense in Sony doing so negate any MS pricing advantage, allowing thm to lock-in their advantage.
Once Sony's lead is massive and beyond the point of no return, there is no sense in MS trying further subsidies, nor will Sony need them.
Sony is already probably getting 2:1 licencing and 1st party game revenue compared to XBone.

CommonNinja said:
BeElite said:
CommonNinja said:

Really,

I think he's speaking in terms of specs, which IS just a fact.  And I think the more and more hear about how big the spec difference actually is, it will just be another positive for the PS4 against the One.  There's also the fact that it is starting to lose some 3rd party support, mainly in the case of indies.  A larger game was just recently postponed, maybe even cancelled, in the form of Spider-Man 2.  Sure, that's not really an important game, but if a trend starts to develop where 3rd parties delaying project releases on the One, for whatever reason (possibly struggling with only 32 MB of ESRAM), that's not going to help sway people over to it.  And right now, MS doesn't have the sales to force parity, anymore.

CommonNinja said:
BeElite said:
CommonNinja said:

Really,

It's not a fact at all. 

What is a fact is that the PS4 is the most powerful console of this gen and it is cheaper then its most direct competitor the Xbox One.

Furthemore, the performance of the PS3 suggests that at least WW, price alone is not the reason for said lead. Those saying a price parity XB1 even with kinect would outsell PS4 have no basis to stand on. Rather price just magnifies the gap, because PS4 is inexorably more consumer freindly then the XB1, and the casuals they were banking on aren't there anymore.

XB1 is marketted toward media consumption and casuals.

PS4 is marketted toward the gaming community proper.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank