By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Man, Did Some People Get This Gen Wrong

First 2 moderated posts didn't deserve it imo

Around the Network
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

[...]

General Superiority is subjective so it cannot be fact especially when different people have different situations. For example, if you want to play TitanFall on a next gen console XB1 is the only option.

If you want media features in a console, XB1 has hdmi in. However, the paywall is absolutely inane and archaic because casuals who would be using the X1 for media would use their smart tv features over their x1 features because they don't play video games so they have no need to pay for multiplayer in order to use YouTube.

PS4 is superior in technical prowess between consoles is a factual statement.

X1 is superior with regards to media features disregarding the paywall, which detracts from this due to idiotic policies.

Paying for YouTube in 2014 is pretty stupid.

Yes, "general superiority" is very debatable and context-sensitive.
Performance superiority is measurable, OTOH, but how it applies to gaming, multimedia or whatever else superiority is again context-sensitive, and it also depends on the users' tastes, although we can indirectly measure its average from sales.

Paywall policy is idiotic, inane and archaic, but consistent with the elder and most old-style part of MS management, that has constantly tried to impose pay for use and pay for everything also on PC for years (everything essential, MS is happy to give away some gadgets, even a lot of them, as long as users are forced to pay it for essential programs and features). Let's just hope that MS youngest managers, or those that  have worked for it or for companies strongly tied to MS for less years, and that so don't need to feel protected by MS double monopoly on PC, start a new trend. Also because a huge market is growing outside, where Windows and Office are totally optional, and its devices could eventually replace PCs in a measure sufficient to marginalize classic x86 PC market and rendering MS domination on it less relevant, so that MS would still remain rich and profitable, but less powerful.

About this thread: I think it's legit as long as it mocks not simply any user that made wrong predictions, but those that were arrogant doing it, patronising those that had different opinions, and demanding their opinion, backed or not by facts (I remember some that I won't name went sometimes as far as downplaying those not agreeing with them using as facts little else than their own self-proclaimed competence in economics and the latter ignorance about it), be considered absolute truth.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

VanceIX said:
Those were all just predictions. No need to rub it in anyone's face if they were wrong.

I saw a lot of predections.. ps4 will go gold.. wii-u will be biggest and son on..

BUT almost all of them do not talk about the first year,, and the beginning where the casuals are not onboard.. but the hole generation..

So if people a stating that ps4 will sell the most.. u will have to wait atleast 2-3 years to see if it look like to be true.. not now..

And i do truly believe that who ever get 's VR first and best will win this gen..  and i'm 99% sure it will be nintendo..

BUT give it some time.. last gen all consoles was on fire in different times..

It's amazing how similar the X1 talk is to the Wii U around last year. It ain't so bad, wait for E3, Mario/Halo will save it, it's just a rough patch, etc. Never though I'd see this, lol

Definitely bookmarking this thread for later. So much ignoring of plain facts

great thread.

I agree that extremists should be called out.

Around the Network

The PS4 is the fastest selling home console in history, so it will do fine and be profitable.

The XB1 is very popular as well, so it will do fine and be profitable.

The Wii U is selling at all time lows as compared to any and every Nintendo home console, so that is the one to be worried about imho. I think Nintendo will come back with an 8 core competetive system soon anyway (sometime next year announcement on it unless something miraculous happens this year which all signs point to very unlikely. Unless they want to merge with them, and I don't see that happening ever but anything is possible but not always reasonable because I've never heard of a 50/50 merge it just doesn't work that way. PS4 full steam ahead m8's.

Don't we need a update?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Don't we need a update?

Nah, I don't think so. PS4 sells like PS4, XBOne sells like XBOne, but with boost from Tier 2 countries, Wii U sells like Wii U post-MK8 boost.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Gold.

Can anybody make one up to September?

Funny times

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m