By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Man, Did Some People Get This Gen Wrong

tuscaniman99 said:

I just checked online and it was $499 at Amazon and Gamestop. If I have to jump through hoops to get the best deal then it isn't a price drop. Price needs to be officially dropped to $399 WITH Kinect or $349 w/out/$449 with. I don't care if Sony wins April, May, etc. By the end of this generation Xbox One will outsell the PS4 in NA. Sony just doesn't know how to make a quality exclusive multiplayer experience. Please don't mention Killzone because it is dead. Killzone doesn't sell consoles.

Is North America all that matters? If someone said "Well Sony won Japan so F U" would it sound as silly? I think so

I agree sony has no known good MP game. Socom 4 and killzone aren't worth bringing up. 3rd party does fill that nicely on both platforms

I question 343 honestly. Last Gears didn't do well. Unless they secure Titanfall 2... the whole Titanfall thing is over isn't it? It hasn't saved Xbox One yet

I assume it will win USA but sure ain't certain anymore. And this is a world wide contest iirc

Around the Network
kirby007 said:

he (OP) only quoted people posting in the Xbox nation. We also had some Sony fans doing terrible predictions but those are convienently left out

Okay, doesn't matter what fanbase he targetted. He still didn't break the rules. Feel free to make a thread that points out PS fans posts who are so cock sure too

Anyone with a brain, knew that the Xbox One was DoA in every location of the world except North America and even there it was almost assuredly going to lose. Some people were simply in complete denial. As the popularity for the PS4 grows (More and more people will continue purchasing the system). It's just objectively a better piece of hardware, with the likelihood of better software, at a lower price point, with an equivalent online infrastructure and a more worldwide regarded gaming console. (Effectively removing, every advantage Microsoft had the previous generation).

The only possible derailing of this would be one or a combination of these things :
A.) Sony goes out of business (Unlikely - even in the next 10 years)
B.) Sony fails to produce virtually any or many quality titles (Unlikely - as three generations of systems prove otherwise)
C.) Microsoft drastically cuts their price (Probably $150 - $300) swinging the value proposition significantly in their favor. (Unlikely)
D.) Sony has massive systemic failures from Hardware to Online infrastructure (Unlikely).

Max King of the Wild said:
kirby007 said:

he (OP) only quoted people posting in the Xbox nation. We also had some Sony fans doing terrible predictions but those are convienently left out

Okay, doesn't matter what fanbase he targetted. He still didn't break the rules. Feel free to make a thread that points out PS fans posts who are so cock sure too

Explain to me how this is not a bait thread?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

As i said before, if Sony launches with Microsoft in America the chances of them beating them are slimmer than them having a full year to themself. Happened exactly as I said it. Sony prices more competitively when it launches with its competition or ahead of them and just focuses on making the best quality product possible which represents them. Lord knows they have more creativity than Microsoft, but when they try to be like the it hurts them in a way.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
Max King of the Wild said:
kirby007 said:

Explain to me how this is not a bait thread?

BECAUSE HE IS DIRECTLY POSTING TO THE PERSON POST THAT THEY MADE! THAT IS ALLOWED! MOST PEOPLE WHO ARE GOING TO BE IN FAVOR OF THE XB1 ARE GOING TO BE MS FANS. NATURE. OF. THE. BEAST. THESE THREADS ARE ALLOWED. HE DIDN'T SAY ALL XB1 FANS THOUGHT THIS WAY. HE IS CALLING OUT SPECIFIC POSTS MADE BY SPECIFIC USERS! THAT IS ALLOWED BECAUSE THE USERS ARE WELL AWARE THEY ARE MAKING IT IN A PUBLIC FORUM AND IT CAN BE USED AGAINST THEM! OR DO YOU THINK WE SHOULD GET RID OF THE QUOTE BUTTON AND SAY YOU CANT DIRECT ANY POSTS TO OTHER USERS?

If typing in caps would make people right, you would be the most right person alive.fortunately it doesn't work that way. Anyway with throwing all these users in the same boat with the title while the posts go from possible to unlikely, he is baiting. Ifyou like it or not

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

JoeTheBro said:
I love threads like this. They act as a great window into the past. I probably spend more time reading old posts than I do new ones.

Also it's amuzing seeing how some users just keep beating the same drum regardless of how things are evolving. Some of those pretty old and pretty wrong posts look just like what the users are posting today.

LOL that is so true!

kirby007 said:
If typing in caps would make people right, you would be the most right person alive.fortunately it doesn't work that way. Anyway with throwing all these users in the same boat with the title while the posts go from possible to unlikely, he is baiting. Ifyou like it or not

Well, I've already said why it is different before. I don't know how else to get it through to you. It has always beeen and always be allowed to directly point out specific posts. People made the posts and their views on a public forum and they should answer to those posts and views. It's not baiting. It's holding posters accountable for what they say.

Baiting is when you say things like, "Why are Ps fans the worst?"

Dont jump the gun...