By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Man, Did Some People Get This Gen Wrong

Krill said:
Dear God, another circle jerk thread. What is this? NeoGaf?

Do you people have shares in Sony?

Same shit different day.

Learn from mistakes, why don't you instead of willingly being ignorant.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network

congratulations for keeping the flame war going.

kowenicki said:
By the way... I stand by my prediction that the ONE will beat the PS4 in US and UK. I think you shot your load to early OP.

but the end of the gen is when the next console launches. Do you expect it to beat it before Nintendo launches something?

I think it's sad that someone would take the time to make a thread like this.
So a few people were off on their predictions... why go through the effort to point that out?
Is it really necessary to mock other gamers because they don't see things the same way, or because
they choose to like or hype up a different product?
That's pathetic.
Xbox and Nintendo fans are guilty of the same childish behavior, but the Sony guys really take it to a
weird place.
... and for the OP, this gen isn't even 5 months old yet, at least as far as Microsoft and Sony's console are concerned. So you might wanna re-think the title...
cause it's certainly as misguided a statement as those you got such a kick out of listing.

4k1x3r said:
JoeTheBro said:
I love threads like this. They act as a great window into the past. I probably spend more time reading old posts than I do new ones.

Also it's amuzing seeing how some users just keep beating the same drum regardless of how things are evolving. Some of those pretty old and pretty wrong posts look just like what the users are posting today.

There was an article that was wrote not so long ago that states that the love we have for a certain console is uncontrollable, it's deep in our brain. You can't blame people for that. I'll forvever have a bias for Sony even a slight, they shaped my childhood there's nothing I can do about it, BUT, and here comes the butt, I still love to play games from other consoles and companies, the most fun I have on a game is with my friends on Wii with Smash Bruhz (motherfucking op Pit). I also had a blast on Halo games Gears Pokemon and the list goes on. So.... yea... you can still avoid shoving it into anyone's face (don't you think so, toasboy?) but this thread was still unneccessary.

I don't think it really has anything to with which one shaped your childhood.  Atari (with the 2600 and 7800) and Nintendo (with the NES and SNES) shaped my childhood.  And for awhile I was a big Ninty fanboy, though I would play the Genesis when I went to a friend's house.  I was planning on getting an N64, but once I got my hands on that sweet PS1 (I must have been 12 or 13 at the time), my preference changed that day.  Won't even comment on the unneccessary comment. 

Around the Network
Sevengen said:
So a few people were off on their predictions... why go through the effort to point that out?
Is it really necessary to mock other gamers because they don't see things the same way, or because
That's pathetic.
Xbox and Nintendo fans are guilty of the same childish behavior, but the Sony guys really take it to a
weird place.
... and for the OP, this gen isn't even 5 months old yet, at least as far as Microsoft and Sony's console are concerned. So you might wanna re-think the title...
cause it's certainly as misguided a statement as those you got such a kick out of listing.

If they just said they expect XB1 to outsell PS4, fair enough, no point bringing it up. But when someone says something like "I fully expect TitanFall on Xbox One to completely crush the hopes and dreams of Sony fans ..." or "Everyone knows that the Xbox One is the better product it has kinect + the console" ... then they deserve to be shown their place.

Whats pathetic is people defending those who made the unnecessary comments in the first place... the people who are too embarrassed to come here themselves.

kitler53 said:
chapset said:
Jazz2K said:
So you make a thread to call out people that couldn't predict the future... have we hit a new low? I think we have.

Tuscaniman, are you really trying to argue with this? Don't quarell with them, you'll never get anything out of this and they'll make fun of you in a few months... at least that's an easy thing to predict.

For me I see it more as calling out people that keep making predictions out of there asses yet pretend that they know better than others (for whatever reasons) most, I repeat, most of the guys in the op are constant offenders, they have a '' my prediction is better than yours complex'' and won't admit of being wrong so threads like this are used to bring them back to reality but I don't kid myself they probably won't learn from this.

i think you nail it here.

..that said, there are a couple poster in my favorite fanbase that could use a thread of their own.  not to name names.  not that i have to.  :P

Agreed! I think we should have a lot more crow eating threads! Would bring a lot more people back to earth

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

fps_d0minat0r said:

If they just said they expect XB1 to outsell PS4, fair enough, no point bringing it up. But when someone says something like "I fully expect TitanFall on Xbox One to completely crush the hopes and dreams of Sony fans ..." or "Everyone knows that the Xbox One is the better product it has kinect + the console" ... then they deserve to be shown their place.

Whats pathetic is people defending those who made the unnecessary comments in the first place... the people who are too embarrassed to come here themselves.

If you couldnt tell from my post in this thread already (before you entered) I agree with you 100%. I'm loving the complete reversal in attitude Gen over Gen from the different sides. Ps3 fans talked about upcoming games they were looking forward too and it automatically meant it would sell millions and single handidly boost ps3 sales past the Wii. When the game failed to "live up to expectations" (set by 360 fanboys based off of hype levels) then the game was considered a failure. Now, the biggest hyped game that I've seen in the last 10 years didn't live up to expectations but its considered great sales for what it is. When certain crazy Ps3 fans were called out (Leo-J and Crazyman) it meant every ps3 fan shared the same mentality they did and it was cool to generalize and mock the ps3 fanbase based off their posts. The ps3 chalk board was considered hilarious.

vivster said:
A lot of these haven't really had a chance to come true though yet. Some of these don't even have a time cap so there is still a chance for them to come true. All you're doing is predicting that their predictions won't come true. And we all know how your predictions end.

Don't jinx this gen for us :P

Well, the one's that haven't happened, but are included, are one's that have no chance to come true OR were asserting so assuredly that the One would dominate in the US/NA/UK.  Like the One beating the PS4 in the US (possible) AND EU (not going to happen) by 2015.  Or the PS4 has zero chance at winning the US and/or UK, when right now it's being shown it has a pretty good chance if things continue as they are.

fps_d0minat0r said:
Sevengen said:
That's pathetic.
weird place.

Ding! Ding! Ding!  We have a winner.

As many notice (and others ignore), I didn't really include people who made simple predictions.  For example, "I think that if MS changes their policies about DRM and Kinect, it has a really good chance at taking the US/UK."  Most of the ones in the OP are more along the lines of "The One WILL dominate the US and UK, NO CHANCE that PS4 can take them!"