Forums - Gaming Discussion - Man, Did Some People Get This Gen Wrong

adriane23 said:
This is why people should avoid making gloating statements on forums. Some of those quotes were borderline inflammatory and condescending.

One of those person wrote on that very page with another funny answer. You can expect those to continue.

Around the Network

admitting your failures and learning from your mistakes.
I find it ironic that most quoted haven't done this, despite the fact that the main reason they were wrong was because they expected Sony to not learn from the PS3.
If MS didn't learn about the casual from Wii, they would probably be in a better position. Trying to be the Wii is a recipe for failure.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Dear God, another circle jerk thread. What is this? NeoGaf?

Do you people have shares in Sony?

- Moderated, Carl

lol

Krill said:
Dear God, another circle jerk thread. What is this? NeoGaf?

Do you people have shares in Sony?

Same shit different day.

Learn from mistakes, why don't you instead of willingly being ignorant.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network

congratulations for keeping the flame war going.

By the way... I stand by my prediction that the ONE will beat the PS4 in US and UK. I think you shot your load to early OP.

I'm not really here!

kowenicki said:
By the way... I stand by my prediction that the ONE will beat the PS4 in US and UK. I think you shot your load to early OP.

but the end of the gen is when the next console launches. Do you expect it to beat it before Nintendo launches something?

I think it's sad that someone would take the time to make a thread like this.
So a few people were off on their predictions... why go through the effort to point that out?
Is it really necessary to mock other gamers because they don't see things the same way, or because
they choose to like or hype up a different product?
That's pathetic.
Xbox and Nintendo fans are guilty of the same childish behavior, but the Sony guys really take it to a
weird place.
... and for the OP, this gen isn't even 5 months old yet, at least as far as Microsoft and Sony's console are concerned. So you might wanna re-think the title...
cause it's certainly as misguided a statement as those you got such a kick out of listing.

4k1x3r said:
JoeTheBro said:
I love threads like this. They act as a great window into the past. I probably spend more time reading old posts than I do new ones.

Also it's amuzing seeing how some users just keep beating the same drum regardless of how things are evolving. Some of those pretty old and pretty wrong posts look just like what the users are posting today.

There was an article that was wrote not so long ago that states that the love we have for a certain console is uncontrollable, it's deep in our brain. You can't blame people for that. I'll forvever have a bias for Sony even a slight, they shaped my childhood there's nothing I can do about it, BUT, and here comes the butt, I still love to play games from other consoles and companies, the most fun I have on a game is with my friends on Wii with Smash Bruhz (motherfucking op Pit). I also had a blast on Halo games Gears Pokemon and the list goes on. So.... yea... you can still avoid shoving it into anyone's face (don't you think so, toasboy?) but this thread was still unneccessary.

I don't think it really has anything to with which one shaped your childhood.  Atari (with the 2600 and 7800) and Nintendo (with the NES and SNES) shaped my childhood.  And for awhile I was a big Ninty fanboy, though I would play the Genesis when I went to a friend's house.  I was planning on getting an N64, but once I got my hands on that sweet PS1 (I must have been 12 or 13 at the time), my preference changed that day.  Won't even comment on the unneccessary comment.