By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Man, Did Some People Get This Gen Wrong

mutantclown said:

 

"maybe US and UK!?  lol  its a given  the ps3 cant even outsell the 360 there now, with "no gamez"...  every month the gap in the US and UK gets bigger and bigger.  Anyhow there is no need to elaborate. you think that the PS4 will obliterate all before it.  Thats enough for me." - 5/18/13


lol. 


you do know all of that is about the 360 and PS3.... right?

RIGHT?

But yes I do think the ONE will beat the PS4 in the UK and US... you dont it seems.  How much do you think the PS4 will oblitearte the ONE by there?



I'm not really here!


Around the Network
kowenicki said:
mutantclown said:

 

"maybe US and UK!?  lol  its a given  the ps3 cant even outsell the 360 there now, with "no gamez"...  every month the gap in the US and UK gets bigger and bigger.  Anyhow there is no need to elaborate. you think that the PS4 will obliterate all before it.  Thats enough for me." - 5/18/13


lol. 


you do know all of that is about the 360 and PS3.... right?

RIGHT?

But yes I do think the ONE will beat the PS4 in the UK and US... you dont it seems.  How much do you think the PS4 will oblitearte the ONE by there?


ahahahahahaahhahaahhaha. Please stop. Please.

- Moderated,

Carl.

For this post too - http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6240599



mutantclown said:
kowenicki said:
mutantclown said:


lol. 


you do know all of that is about the 360 and PS3.... right?

RIGHT?

But yes I do think the ONE will beat the PS4 in the UK and US... you dont it seems.  How much do you think the PS4 will oblitearte the ONE by there?


ahahahahahaahhahaahhaha. Please stop. Please.

yet more insightful and intelligent reasoning from the mutantclown.

thanks. 



I'm not really here!


kowenicki said:

yet more insightful and intelligent reasoning from the mutantclown.

thanks. 

No, thank you for the laughs, lol. 

Edit - And cut down your quote trees when you get back,

Carl



Waoo, that's a lot of crow to be eaten. Still, i get the point of this thread, nothing can be claimed as certain in the beginning of a new gen.



Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
vivster said:
A lot of these haven't really had a chance to come true though yet. Some of these don't even have a time cap so there is still a chance for them to come true. All you're doing is predicting that their predictions won't come true. And we all know how your predictions end.

Don't jinx this gen for us :P

Well, the one's that haven't happened, but are included, are one's that have no chance to come true OR were asserting so assuredly that the One would dominate in the US/NA/UK.  Like the One beating the PS4 in the US (possible) AND EU (not going to happen) by 2015.  Or the PS4 has zero chance at winning the US and/or UK, when right now it's being shown it has a pretty good chance if things continue as they are.


Fair enough but what's with these?

"I don't see a great deal of defection in either camp yet. I think this gen will probably look similiar to last gen. I don't think the XBO or PS4 will crush the competition." - 12/23/13

"Don't get too ahead of yourselves, it's been one week and nothing is decided, a fantastic holiday doesn't equal awesome year-round sales by default. And, let's not count the One out, it will probably take most of the UK and US market and Japan is fast becoming too irrelevant to tip the scales in a big way globally for home consoles." - 11/24/13

"XB1? It'll be there neck-and-neck with the PS4 all the way through this gen." - 11/23/13 (depending on your definition for "neck and neck")

"Xbox One will win the USA quite handily once price drops. That will be enough to offset PS4 for most of the world. If PS4 sells more it will be by about 10% more." - 7/01/13

 These all seem still reasonable. The PS4 is currently constantly better but I wouldn't call it absolute domination. The generation is young and I'm expecting big things to happen this year. I'll wait until after Halo drops. If the PS4 is still dominating after that then I'm on board on domination train.



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
thismeintiel said:
vivster said:
A lot of these haven't really had a chance to come true though yet. Some of these don't even have a time cap so there is still a chance for them to come true. All you're doing is predicting that their predictions won't come true. And we all know how your predictions end.

Don't jinx this gen for us :P

Well, the one's that haven't happened, but are included, are one's that have no chance to come true OR were asserting so assuredly that the One would dominate in the US/NA/UK.  Like the One beating the PS4 in the US (possible) AND EU (not going to happen) by 2015.  Or the PS4 has zero chance at winning the US and/or UK, when right now it's being shown it has a pretty good chance if things continue as they are.


Fair enough but what's with these?

"I don't see a great deal of defection in either camp yet. I think this gen will probably look similiar to last gen. I don't think the XBO or PS4 will crush the competition." - 12/23/13

"Don't get too ahead of yourselves, it's been one week and nothing is decided, a fantastic holiday doesn't equal awesome year-round sales by default. And, let's not count the One out, it will probably take most of the UK and US market and Japan is fast becoming too irrelevant to tip the scales in a big way globally for home consoles." - 11/24/13

"XB1? It'll be there neck-and-neck with the PS4 all the way through this gen." - 11/23/13 (depending on your definition for "neck and neck")

"Xbox One will win the USA quite handily once price drops. That will be enough to offset PS4 for most of the world. If PS4 sells more it will be by about 10% more." - 7/01/13

 These all seem still reasonable. The PS4 is currently constantly better but I wouldn't call it absolute domination. The generation is young and I'm expecting big things to happen this year. I'll wait until after Halo drops. If the PS4 is still dominating after that then I'm on board on domination train.

If MS has Halo, Sony has God Of War, Uncharted and Gran Turismo. With the gap increasing monthly, it'll be harder for One to catch up.



I suppose since hardware capability debates have become pointless and yesterday's topic, VGC forums may as well switch focus to sales predictions, which is more appropriate anyway.

In all fairness, most of those quoted quips were posted out of emotion rather than in an attempt to maintain some semblance of objectivity. Unfortunately, all the emotion in the world on a forum such as this won't have any effect on the outcome.

As I've said since the 8th gen really started (as the Wii U had 100% of the market to themselves for a year and accomplished nothing with it in terms of maintaining marketshare)... we'll see. Time will tell.

What I won't do is make predictions based upon what I want or hope to see and frankly, I have no real investment emotionally or more importantly, financially, in the success or failure of Sony or Microsoft with regard to their game platforms.

Worst case scenario for me if Sony magically disappears overnight: I buy an Xbox One for $399 if I choose to keep playing on a console by default. It doesn't matter.

But the data we currently have based upon a little more than a quarter's worth of sales trends do not support any other notion that the PS4 will continue to see the same level of dominance with regards to Nintendo and Microsoft this generation.

So yes, it's early, and things can change quite a bit over a 2-3 year period as we've seen with the PS3, but making predictions when there is really no hard data to support those "feelings" really isn't something anyone with objectivity should be taking too seriously.

Stick to joke threads and posts if that's your M.O.



Ucell said:

If MS has Halo, Sony has God Of War, Uncharted and Gran Turismo. With the gap increasing monthly, it'll be harder for One to catch up.

Still gonna wait. I'm the first one to disregard Halo's significance but I was proven wrong by the ridiculous sales. So I'm going to be careful this time.

Also I'm expecting big exclusive ennouncements for the X1 besides Halo.



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

greenmedic88 said:
I suppose since hardware capability debates have become pointless and yesterday's topic, VGC forums may as well switch focus to sales predictions, which is more appropriate anyway.

In all fairness, most of those quoted quips were posted out of emotion rather than in an attempt to maintain some semblance of objectivity. Unfortunately, all the emotion in the world on a forum such as this won't have any effect on the outcome.

As I've said since the 8th gen really started (as the Wii U had 100% of the market to themselves for a year and accomplished nothing with it in terms of maintaining marketshare)... we'll see. Time will tell.

What I won't do is make predictions based upon what I want or hope to see and frankly, I have no real investment emotionally or more importantly, financially, in the success or failure of Sony or Microsoft with regard to their game platforms.

Worst case scenario for me if Sony magically disappears overnight: I buy an Xbox One for $399 if I choose to keep playing on a console by default. It doesn't matter.

But the data we currently have based upon a little more than a quarter's worth of sales trends do not support any other notion that the PS4 will continue to see the same level of dominance with regards to Nintendo and Microsoft this generation.

So yes, it's early, and things can change quite a bit over a 2-3 year period as we've seen with the PS3, but making predictions when there is really no hard data to support those "feelings" really isn't something anyone with objectivity should be taking too seriously.

Stick to joke threads and posts if that's your M.O.


In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank