By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NPD March 2014 Thread - PS4 #1 (371k), Xbox One 311k, 360 111k, WiiU ~70k, Vita close to 4 digits. Titanfall tops software

Did the NPD results surprise you?

Yes 379 53.23%

No 308 43.26%

Total:687

So Titanfall didn't saved X1? Nor bundles? So, what's next in the chalkboard?

Around the Network
torok said:

A game developed by a company whos last 4 major titles have been pretty mediocre with absolutely no information on the game

Shadow1980 said:
Max King of the Wild said:

A game developed by a company whos last 4 major titles have been pretty mediocre with absolutely no information on the game

Are you talking about the game that's ranked #13,814 on Amazon.com, lower than just about any other announced forthcoming eighth-gen title? Yeah, they're definitely going to have to hype that one to the moon at E3.

Holy crap thats a low rank. Insomniac are real quiet and have been on this title since reveal. I don't think that bodes well. What rank is Quantum Break?

Max King of the Wild said:
torok said:

Gaf probably already made a chalkboard with those... Being serious now, it isn't Titanfall's fault. The game is a big seller and is fun (played it yesterday) and will be a succesfull franchise. People should stop thinking one game will fix everything wrong with a console. 

Barenziah said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

I am super late but I jut have to ask. Are you being serious with this line? DO you really beleive Sony will go under with debt and that the PS4 will jsut disappear? THen it will only be between the Wii U and the XB1? I am seriously asking because I can't imagine someone truly believing that.

On Topic:

I DID NOT see this coming at all! The XB1 numbers are good but less than what I was expecting for the month of March! And the PS4 taking March NPD is the most surprising thing!

of course, as it is pointed out by certain posters on a weekly basis at least,don't you visit sony threads

I do visist them but I never really see anyone saying that Sony is going  to go under and disappear all together and just leave the Wii U and the XB1. People talk about them bledding money and being in the read. But they are moving in the right direction with restructuring the company as of right now. That's why I had asked were you serious about that comment.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:
MikeRox said:
The thing is, when more dedicated XB1 software launches, it can be developed with the full knowledge that any Kinect features can be used by 100% of the userbase.

IMO it's a huge factor in the success of a lot of Wii titles.

But, 100% of the XBONE userbase is still <50% of the market.

If the game is coming to PS4 as well then Kinect being bundled or not becomes pointless.

This is pretty much what i was trying to get at. 3rd parties are not going to go all out for Kinect for the same reasons you give. I dont see them putting out alot of Kinect only games anytime soon because the One isnt flying off the shelves, that could change when it gets more sales but even then i only expect shovelware. MS themselves MIGHT support it on their own but thats a big MIGHT.

Well this wasn't what I was expecting at all...

Never in a million years, after all the bundles; retailer price drops & marketing did I expect XB1 to lose to PS4. Even more surprising given those InFAMOUS sales which aren't particularly hot to be honest.

Sadly not all good news, because those Vita sales are just tragically awful. Seriously, seriously abysmal.

But hey, at least we tracked FFX HD spot on. And 3DS too by the looks of it. And those WiiU numbers aren't terrible either, which is an improvement for the system at this point.

IMHO Insomniac fell off a LONG time ago. I think they spent way too much time on the Ratchet series and did little else. Its funny they were much better in the PS1 days when they were unknown, i still remember Disrptor which i think was there first game. Hell kill that QB thing and get back to their roots and make a follow up to that.

Kresnik said:
Well this wasn't what I was expecting at all...

Never in a million years, after all the bundles; retailer price drops & marketing did I expect XB1 to lose to PS4.  

Almost everybody thought that, we all knew the game sold well, but dayum... we all mostly thought is was heavily undertracked, especially looking at last months #s. It didn't just lose, it was off by 60k... Sony holding back some shippment for the kill i suppose (infamous week)

Alby_da_Wolf said:
AZWification said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
Sony must really do something for Vita in USA.

I know! Another damn price cut! I personally think that a GTA game ( among other things) could really help the Vita. I mean it worked pretty well for the PSP!

Agree, but IMVHO the best Sony could hope for is that once it hits some still unknown sales milestone, Capcom announce the first true, new and full-fledged Monster Hunter for it. Not just an old port or a spin-off. Otherwise, Sony should develop its own first or second party new IP that exploit the same addictive psychological mechanisms Monster Hunter and Pokémon do.

They are :p

Pokémon = Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth

Monster Hunter = Freedom Wars