By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation 4 Sales Surpass 7.0 Million Units Worldwide

outlawauron said:
mutantclown said:
Shinobi-san said:
Wow Vgchartz is very close to that number! Good tracking guys

lol, I wonder how VGC numbers would look if they kept their OWN, original numbers without making ANY adjustments to reflect NPD, chart-track, media create and official company announcements like this one. Hint : totally off

This just in, no other tracking agency retroactively adjusts their data. Thanks mutantclown.

huh? you think NPD adjusts their data to reflect whose data? LMAO. NPD doesn't need to look up to any other agency, they're not VGC, lol.

Around the Network

So does that mean the PS4 is less doomed then?

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

I can see this going either way. On one hand, Sony may be releasing this to soften the blow of losing NPD. Though, I'm sure that if they did lose, it wouldn't be by much. On the other hand, Sony may have just gotten their numbers for March and saw that they had passed 7M, so announced it.

I kinda think the latter makes more sense, since I'm sure Sony knows they're own NPD numbers, now, but I'm not sure if NPD would have given them MS's before Thursday. Either way, great sales. Now, MS should announce theirs.

PS4 sold 40% over their projections. Someone should get fired for missing the target by that much :)

Sony will probably lose tonight's NPD, but not by much. Microsoft surely cannot be happy even if they win, since that win comes at a significant cost - and a significant financial hit to the bottom line...
Sony is surely making money off the new sales, and definitely attracting more PS+ subscriptions. And as we could see from Titanfall X360 numbers, most XOne sales were to existing 360 users, meaning very low (if any) increase in Live subscriptions.

Wow, awesome achievement by PS4. Still sales surprise me with both next-gen systems as to me both are lacking interesting games.

Around the Network

What little douches. (right click, view image to read better)

Chevinator123 said:

What little douches. (right click, view image to read better)

N4G... The place where a PS fan can tell from the heart and gets agrees for it

Turkish said:
I predicted 8m :(

Yes, and some people will use that to make the numbers look bad now :P

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Imagine PS4 after 3 years on the market with a good line up of games, a price cut and having sold over 40 million units? The PS4 has future potential and early adopters pay a premium for a new product.

And no one mentions that vgchartz doesn't have 20 million software sold at retail? It is kind of important because it means it almost sold the same amount of software like the Wii U....