By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation 4 Sales Surpass 7.0 Million Units Worldwide

Great numbers. I wonder how much longer they can stay ahead of the Wii?

Around the Network

ps4 has no gaems
really, how did they sell 7m with only a few exclusives?

ParryWinkle said:
ps4 has no gaems

Playroom obviously
http://www.junkiemonkeys.com/playstation-4-the-playroom-streaming-is-becoming-reckless/ (NSFW)

Really good tracking from VGC it seems, congrats for that :). It will be interesting to see how march NPD turns out.

I'm Guessing they will have about 8M sold by E3, and will likely reach the 10M milestone around the time Destiny launches in September.

Around the Network

People love the playstation brand.  

Its like asking how the PS3 consistantly outsold the Xbox 360 in Europe (in its early days) despite being 100$ more, and playing some multiplatform games at lower resolutions.

Also, the PS4's cheaper price is helping too.  I think if Xbox One price drops to 400$ after E3 (IF), then it will steal a bit of the PS4's thunder in the West, but PS4 will do well in Europe regardles of price.

My estimates for the end of 2014 still hold, and they will decide which way this generation will go, to a great extent (clarifying more about the assumptions made).

End of 2014 sales estimates
PS4 : 13.7 - 17 mil
XB1 : 6.3 - 9.8 mil

Note that I made those estimates at the beginning of this generation, and they still make lots of sense. I remember many people criticizing my PS4 to be "too optimistic" and there was no way that it could compete with PS2, we will see. Then there were some people who thought XB1 would be doomed and would never sell over 6-7 million. My estimates are a minimum of 6.3 mil for XB1 (and roughly around half of PS4, by the year end). All this still makes a ton of sense. My estimates will be more precise after this year (and we observe the trends better).

Playstation 5 vs XBox Series Market Share Estimates

Regional Analysis  (only MS and Sony Consoles)
Europe     => XB1 : 23-24 % vs PS4 : 76-77%
N. America => XB1 :  49-52% vs PS4 : 48-51%
Global     => XB1 :  32-34% vs PS4 : 66-68%

Sales Estimations for 8th Generation Consoles

Next Gen Consoles Impressions and Estimates

SvennoJ said:
ParryWinkle said:
ps4 has no gaems

Playroom obviously
http://www.junkiemonkeys.com/playstation-4-the-playroom-streaming-is-becoming-reckless/ (NSFW)

sign me up

Only a few block buster games, nothing really inovative yet this is such a phenomeno. I think this systems success if more surpring that that of the original wii. The pro.is of a bright future backed by the pedicure of 3 generations of delivering has to be it

So VGChartz tracking ~100,000 behind?

"These are the highest quality pixels that anybody has seen"