By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why do people act like MK & SSB is all the Wii U has?

Another point is that games certainly add up as someone mentioned here earlier.

Nintendo has plenty of other decent series that have yet to launch on Wii U that sell well. These include:

Paper Mario, Animal Crossing, Zelda, Kirby, Mario Party, Metroid, console Pokemon, Fire Emblem. Add Bayonetta, Yarn Yoshi, and Sonic Boom because they are known. Then add the supposed NFC games plus MK & SSB.

Add them all together and you have a much better library of games. Lower the price of the Wii U and sales will go up.

Around the Network
*Sound Of Rain said:
Another point is that games certainly add up as someone mentioned here earlier.

Nintendo has plenty of other decent series that have yet to launch on Wii U that sell well. These include:

Paper Mario, Animal Crossing, Zelda, Kirby, Mario Party, Metroid, console Pokemon, Fire Emblem. Add Bayonetta, Yarn Yoshi, and Sonic Boom because they are known. Then add the supposed NFC games plus MK & SSB.

Add them all together and you have a much better library of games. Lower the price of the Wii U and sales will go up.

Also, Sonic Boom will have the aid of a tv series.

Clyde32 said:

This should benefit the game greatly. Although, Sonic Boom is in the same boat as Smash Bros. Nintendo decided it'd be better to release the game on the 3DS too. This will shrink the potential Wii U boost.

*Sound Of Rain said:
Clyde32 said:

This should benefit the game greatly. Although, Sonic Boom is in the same boat as Smash Bros. Nintendo decided it'd be better to release the game on the 3DS too. This will shrink the potential Wii U boost.

Well, if you want to be technical, I think it was Sega that decided. And I have a theory that the reason they have a 3DS version of smash bros is because at the time they started development, the 3DS was in need of games.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

The issue with games like beyonatta is, even though her tits are pretty hawt, its not hawt enough for people to get a wiiU for it... However, Games like SSB has Zero Suit Samus who is arguably hotter and etc which will certainly move consoles! So thats basically why

All the games that aren't mk8 or ssb are basically buffering games in between releases.

Speak for yourself!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Mario kart was the king Mario game on the Wii thats why. It tends to be high on the list of top sellers in every gen for mario. Super Smash wont do as well. There are other games but if Mario Kart and Super Smash don't sell well its pretty much over.

The thing is what else is there that can substantially change the popularity of the Wii U that hasn't already been released? You've had most of the mainstays of the waggle games that proved wildly popular with WIi, and you've had most of the core multi-generational franchises (or derivations thereof) aside from SSB and MK8.

Personally I don't think either of these will cut it. Gamecube had both franchises, along with all the others that existed pre-waggle, and none of them helped GC take the generation, or eve secure a solid second place.

To be a serious contender Wii U needs new blood, and that's games that appeal to the ageing gamer crowd. Nitnendo's first party games are still largely targetted to the under 20 audience. But the mainstay of the gaming audience is now much older than that on average. Nintendo needs franchises that grab the attention of the 25-40 year old gamer, and not those gamers that grew up with Mario, Zelda, Mettroid and Donkey Kong just the gamer who still likes to play the sort of games they loved when they were 14.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Clyde32 said:
*Sound Of Rain said:
Clyde32 said:

Well, if you want to be technical, I think it was Sega that decided. And I have a theory that the reason they have a 3DS version of smash bros is because at the time they started development, the 3DS was in need of games.

3DS is where the bulk of the Smash profits will come from this gen. Mark my words, it will cannibalize the need for a Wii U. Most Nintendo gamers are on that handheld.  Its smart to port both games to it but sucks at the same time because it will hurt the Wii U's advances.

I think this Christmas Wii U will have a good chance of selling.
Smash out in 2015, MK May ...
For November / December I think Nintendo will release a game that will announce at E3, and should help you sell.
But I think the main reason will be another.
The Wii (not U) continues to sell a lot at Christmas, sell 340,000 in week before chrismas 2012, and 120,000 chrismas before 2013.
I think that the Wii this Chrismas will sold maximum 50,000, and The those who do not buy Wii will Wii U.
So, for me Wii U will sold 400/500 k the week before chrismas of 2014.

NightDragon83 said:
Clyde32 said:
NightDragon83 said:
Because aside from MK and SSB what does the Wii U have that's going to move consoles over the next year?

Despite what Pavolink says, Zelda U may launch within the next year. 

Not happening, you won't get Zelda U until the 2nd half of 2015 at the earliest.  Look how long it's taken Nintendo just to put out MK8 and SSB, and you expect them to have Zelda done shortly thereafter?  It's more likely we'll get another 3D Mario game for spring '15 and then Zelda will be the big fall title.

I'd be shocked if we see anything more than just a teaser trailer for Zelda U at E3.

wait, he said that Zelda U is launching next year, then you said that that the next Zelda U is launching until the second half of 2015, being a Fall Title, theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen why are you saying that Zelda U launching next year it's "not happening"?