By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why do people act like MK & SSB is all the Wii U has?

X and Zelda is all the Wii u has... not! But those are the ones i want the most. ^^

Mario? Whats that? :p

Around the Network
Seece said:

Both of these questions can be answered by looking at the past 18 months of WiiU. No games have pushed WiiU so far, that's why over 18 months which includes 2 holiday seasons they've barely hit 6 mill. Smash and MK are considered their biggest hits in terms of selling hardware.

XBOX has a target audience, that audience will react to price cuts and bundles. WiiU won't. It's that simple.

I think the issue is people not willing to pay $300 for some Mario platformer and a Zelda remake. More games will surely spur more people to buy the Wii U.

Normally, your posts are well thought out rather than saying something that is just a random opinion. You use facts. However, your 2nd sentence about a price cut not helping the Wii U comes off as just saying something to say it. Do you really believe a price cut to go along with more games won't have any impact on baseline sales? 

Marketing is another big problem. So far, Wii U marketing has been one of the worst for a system I've ever seen.

Because most people like to tell the truth.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:

lol, this is something somebody shouldnt say when there are alot more games than mk+ssb.

tbone51 said:
trestres said:

lol, this is something somebody shouldnt say when there are alot more games than mk+ssb.

Nintendo isnt even trying anymore.

Name me the last Full 3D game (in 3rd person or first person) that Nintendo produced for its home console?

2D platformers, over the top view games or remakes do not count. Nintendo is living in the past.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network
*Sound Of Rain said:
Seece said:

Both of these questions can be answered by looking at the past 18 months of WiiU. No games have pushed WiiU so far, that's why over 18 months which includes 2 holiday seasons they've barely hit 6 mill. Smash and MK are considered their biggest hits in terms of selling hardware.

XBOX has a target audience, that audience will react to price cuts and bundles. WiiU won't. It's that simple.

I think the issue is people not willing to pay $300 for some Mario platformer and a Zelda remake. More games will surely spur more people to buy the Wii U.

Normally, your posts are well thought out rather than saying something that is just a random opinion. You use facts. However, your 2nd sentence about a price cut not helping the Wii U comes off as just saying something to say it. Do you really believe a price cut to go along with more games won't have any impact on baseline sales? 

Marketing is another big problem. So far, Wii U marketing has been one of the worst for a system I've ever seen.

It's not $300 tho, it's readily and easily available for much less. Here in the UK you could get it for less than a 360 and PS3 at one point.

My second point is entirely correct, the way I see it there is no target audience for WiiU. It will not claw in the casuals the Wii netted, they're long gone to tablets/phones, and core gamers will find what they need elsewhere. It appeals to Nintendo gamers but who knows how big that userbase is these days. Some products however good are just not destined for success.

It's exactly why WiiU has done as bad as it has, not just 'not like Wii' but bad. Because there is no audience apart from the Nintendo fans that are interested.

trestres said:
tbone51 said:
trestres said:

Name me the last Full 3D game (in 3rd person or first person) that Nintendo produced for its home console?

2D platformers, over the top view games or remakes do not count. Nintendo is living in the past.

Your not making any sense cuz your wayyyy off topic. You said MK+SSB isnt the only game this year, then i say no thats not true, then you reply with something completely different? C'mon now -_-

Bayo isnt a platformer or is Hyrule Warriors, and im sure there will be other games announced at E3 that will come out this year.

tbone51 said:
trestres said:
tbone51 said:
trestres said:

Your not making any sense cuz your wayyyy off topic. You said MK+SSB isnt the only game this year, then i say no thats not true, then you reply with something completely different? C'mon now -_-

Bayo isnt a platformer or is Hyrule Warriors, and im sure there will be other games announced at E3 that will come out this year.

Yet they don't have a release date. We are sure that they are not coming any soon. 2 games in the lapse of 6 months is beyond abysmal.

What I said about the 3D games is completely related to this. Nintendo is out of touch with its crowd. They've been releasing 2D platformers and about nothing else. They will be releasing a racing game and a fighting game (could be coming in 2015 though) but they have left the Full 3D games back in the office.

Call me when they announce something relevant and with a solid release date. So far what we have is MK8 and (probably) Smash.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

Zero999 said:
Barozi said:
*Sound Of Rain said:
oniyide said:

keyword being annual. Not quite sure how you can compare. We expect AC adn COD games becasue those are yearly releases, been that way for years. Cant say the same for Ninty so why would one hold them to the same expectations?

Because it makes sense. Does anyone actually believe that Nintendo will show nothing new at E3 and have only Smash Bros for the Holidays? 

If we can expect a COD based off of history, we can also expect Nintendo to release more than 5 games in a year. (Based off history)

That's not comparabel though. Nintendo has a bunch of multi million sellers but also a huge bunch of games that are barely doing a million or two. The latter won't help the WiiU unless they're produced in masses, which they aren't.

Now what's comparable to this year's annual releases (past sales in brackets):
AC Unity (10 million seller), CoD ... (20 million seller), FIFA 15 (10 million seller), Madden 14 (5 million seller)

Plus other: Batman Arkham Knight (9 million seller), Destiny (about as big as Titanfall), Watch Dogs (launches later on WiiU), Elder Scrolls Online + games with unconfirmed release dates and possible new announcements at E3

So aside from MK8 and Smash Bros. they would absolutely need other heavy hitters (Zelda, Wii Sports U, Pokemon U) to release during the holidays to even be somewhat competitive.

Yoshi's Epic Yarn, Bayonetta 2 and X won't be enough.

those numbers in parenthesis aren't single versions. and arkham origins didn't even get 4m combined, so arkham knight has a tough job ahead.

Arkham Origins got worse reviews and it hasnt even been out for a full year. But nice try. LOL at Arkham Knight having a tough job, please it will do 4mil across 3 platforms EASILY

Seece said:
*Sound Of Rain said:
Seece said:

It's not $300 tho, it's readily and easily available for much less. Here in the UK you could get it for less than a 360 and PS3 at one point.

My second point is entirely correct, the way I see it there is no target audience for WiiU. It will not claw in the casuals the Wii netted, they're long gone to tablets/phones, and core gamers will find what they need elsewhere. It appeals to Nintendo gamers but who knows how big that userbase is these days. Some products however good are just not destined for success.

It's exactly why WiiU has done as bad as it has, not just 'not like Wii' but bad. Because there is no audience apart from the Nintendo fans that are interested

why people are still in denial about this i wil never know. It really is GC all over again, not that there is anything wrong with that. I liked that system