By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Shenmue 3 'as close to being announced as it ever has been over the past decade'

I would love for Shenmue 3 to become a reality. That said, I won't get my hopes up unless it's actually announced

Around the Network

Hype!

Didn't they recently lose th trademark

DerNebel said:
I think that Shenmue 3 demand is blown completely out of proportion thanks to the internet. Looking at sales of the first 2 games I can't help but think that an AAA Shenmue 3 game in this time and day would be nothing but a financial disaster.

A bunch of things are blown out of proportion on the internet.

I was an original player of 1&2 and was left hanging by that cliffhanger at the end of two. I dont give a shit about exclusive or not. This needs to be on Xbox

KingdomHeartsFan said:

Didn't they recently lose th trademark

I thought so as  well.

Althoughmy knowledge on the field is limited, I think they wouldn't have lost it unless they couldn't prove that they were going to use it. And in that case that means that we won't see Shenmue come soon. 

Still wondering why they didn't sell it off or something. Surely there must be SOMEONE out there that wants to make Shenmue 3.

Around the Network

it's gonna sell like, 300k copies lifetime cause nobody remembers what the fuck it is by now.

i thought they lost the trademark, hmmm.

I just bought Shenmue I and II a few weeks ago and I have to say, these are two of the best games ever created! Naturally I'm gonna shit my pants when part III is announced. (but please, don't make it an Xbone exclusive )

Lyrics: He He He He Ha Ha Ha!                                                                  

shikamaru317 said:
DerNebel said:
I think that Shenmue 3 demand is blown completely out of proportion thanks to the internet. Looking at sales of the first 2 games I can't help but think that an AAA Shenmue 3 game in this time and day would be nothing but a financial disaster.

Yes the sales of the first 2 weren't that high, but all of the talk about the game from fans on the internet has gotten people who never played the originals interested. I don't see how Shenmue 3 couldn't sell at least twice the copies that Shenmue 1 sold. And the game doesn't need a huge budget like the first two had, I'm pretty certain that Yu Suzuki has said that he could make Shenmue 3 with a much lower budget.

That is exactly what I mean by the demand for that game is blown completely out of proportion thanks to the internet, I really don't see why over 2 million people would buy the last part of a trilogy of which only a couple 100k played the 2nd part and that over ten years ago, at the very least if they want to make Shenmue 3 then they have to make the first 2 games available to the consoles they plan to release the third game on.

Also I never played Shenmue, but as far as I know the thing that made it so expensive was that they wanted to create a real living world in which you could interact with everything, if they want to stay true to that with the third part then that should take a considerable amount of time and resources once again.

DerNebel said:

It's nice to know I'm not alone.