By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Shenmue 3 'as close to being announced as it ever has been over the past decade'

I guess he means closER to being announced than it has ever been.

Otherwise it's not close at all.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network

Still waiting... T_T

Shenmue couldn't shift Dreamcasts back when it was an unseen technical marvel with huge hype. I fail to see how the 3rd would have any impact now. If it was MS's big game for XB1 in Japan, it would be MS's biggest mistake yet.

And this is coming from someone who bought shenmue day 1 and loved every minute of it.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

First I want that HD Collection though

I don't care what it's on but please make Shenmue 3 happen. But, re-release the first two on PS4, X1, Wii U and PC first to see which it does best on

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network
Turkish said:
First I want that HD Collection though

If they're smart they'll do a special edition of 3 that includes HD versions of the old games.

That's assuming 3 actually happens, which again.....I'll believe when I see it

Daisuke72 said:
xbox one exclusive.

gains microsoft attention in japan and to the dreamcast oldheads, and shenmue 2 was on the original Xbox. Makes too much sense

Makes more sense as a Wii U Exclusive. Since Sega loves Nintendo ;|, and it actually has a Japanese Market.

So it will probably be multiplat.

Shenmue 2 on Xbox was due to hardware limitations of competitors(speculation), but the OG was def more powerful then PS2, thus considering its marketshare and lack of Shenmue 3 on X360, I highly doubt it.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank