By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Your least favorite Mario Kart game?

Tagged games:

Least favorite Mario Kart game?

Super Mario Kart 54 13.85%

Mario Kart 64 44 11.28%

Super Circuit 104 26.67%

Double Dash 68 17.44%

Mario Kart DS 31 7.95%

Mario Kart Wii 66 16.92%

Mario Kart 7 21 5.38%

Total:388

Probably Super Mario Kart, I didn't play it that much and didn't really get into the series until 64

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Around the Network
marley said:
RCTjunkie said:
I'm sad a lot of people didn't like the Wii version, especially when the complaints seem unwarranted to me.....

I have a feeling a lot of people picked that version simply because it was on the Wii.  It's just a general magnet for undeserved hatred.

Mario Kart Wii did have things not to like though, such as OP bikes and OP n mindless items.

RolStoppable said:
AZWification said:

Leaving that aside, I did like some of the original  MKWii tracks like Mapple Treeway and Grumble Volcano, but they didn't really compare to the best of DS ( Waluigi Pinball and Airship Fortress) or the best of 64 ( Banshee Boardwalk and Wario Stadium). 

Your gaming taste is awful.

On topic: Mario Kart 64, with Mario Kart DS in a close second place. Aside from the annoying miniboost mechanics (both games), the course design is the worst in the entire series (64). Incredibly lame tracks like Wario Stadium and Rainbow Road are far too long while unintended shortcuts make matters even worse.

Ahahahaha, no. Those two were the best of mk64.

ot: Super Circuit, SNES and followed by Mk7.

Best Mk64 - Wii - DD

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
RolStoppable said:
AZWification said:

Leaving that aside, I did like some of the original  MKWii tracks like Mapple Treeway and Grumble Volcano, but they didn't really compare to the best of DS ( Waluigi Pinball and Airship Fortress) or the best of 64 ( Banshee Boardwalk and Wario Stadium). 

Your gaming taste is awful.

On topic: Mario Kart 64, with Mario Kart DS in a close second place. Aside from the annoying miniboost mechanics (both games), the course design is the worst in the entire series (64). Incredibly lame tracks like Wario Stadium and Rainbow Road are far too long while unintended shortcuts make matters even worse.

Ahahahaha, no. Those two were the best of mk64.

ot: Super Circuit, SNES and followed by Mk7.

Best Mk64 - Wii - DD

I hope you don't mean Rainbow Road & Wario Stadium... Wario Stadium could have been a pretty good dirt track with sharp hairpins and humps if they decreased it's size by at least 1/3rd (and took out the shortcut) as it is though it's too long and dull... you end up just playing piggy back drafting around half the course. Rainbow road is just atrocious. It was fixed in F-Zero X thanks to taking down the side barriers and the vehicles going about 3* the speed (compared to track size)

marley said:
RCTjunkie said:
I'm sad a lot of people didn't like the Wii version, especially when the complaints seem unwarranted to me.....

I have a feeling a lot of people picked that version simply because it was on the Wii.  It's just a general magnet for undeserved hatred.

Hmm. I probably missed the times when games like Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3 got "undeserved hate" for being Wii titles...

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
AZWification said:
marley said:
RCTjunkie said:

Hmm. I probably missed the times when games like Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3 got "undeserved hate" for being Wii titles...

Are you implying that people don't form opinions about games, based solely on the system they are released on? 

marley said:
AZWification said:
marley said:

Are you implying that people don't form opinions about games, based solely on the system they are released on? 

I am not implying that, but saying that the majority chose  MKWii simply because it was a Wii title is very silly. There are many legit reasons MKWii gets some hate ( I even listed some in the OP).

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:
marley said:
AZWification said:
marley said:

I am not implying that, but saying that the majority chose  MKWii simply because it was a Wii title is very silly. There are many legit reasons MKWii gets some hate ( I even listed some in the OP).

You could find plenty of good reasons to give almost any game some hate.  My point was simply that there are no preconditions for voting in these polls, and there are a lot of gamers simply hate everything Wii.  I never said the majority voted that way, but even if only 10 people did, then the results of the poll are flawed. 

MK64.
Possibly the most overrated game in history.
The rubber banding is absolutely disgusting.

MKWii is the best to date simply cos it has the least problems.

Double dash. I was a huge fan of the gamecube at the time but it never interested me.

Only played the game at McDonalds.