By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Your least favorite Mario Kart game?

Tagged games:

Least favorite Mario Kart game?

Super Mario Kart 54 13.85%

Mario Kart 64 44 11.28%

Super Circuit 104 26.67%

Double Dash 68 17.44%

Mario Kart DS 31 7.95%

Mario Kart Wii 66 16.92%

Mario Kart 7 21 5.38%

Total:388

Super Mario Kart and Super Circuit aren't for me...too flat and old-school for my taste since MK64 was my first Mario Kart.

Of the "3D" Mario Kart games, Double Dash is easily my least favorite.

Upcoming Games To Get

Definite: Kirby Star Allies (Switch), Mario Tennis Aces (Switch), Fire Emblem (Switch), Yoshi (Switch), Pokemon (Switch), Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4), Monster Hunter World (PS4)

Considering: Fe (Switch), Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch), The World Ends With You (Switch), Ys VIII (Switch), Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (PS4), Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Remix (PS4), The Last Guardian (PS4), Shadow of the Colossus HD (PS4), Anthem (PS4), Shenmue 3 (PS4), WiLD (PS4)

Around the Network

Mario Kart 64 easily! Though I haven't played Super Mario Kart, Super Circuit, or much of Double Dash, but from what I've seen the majority of their tracks aren't complete garbage like 64's, and there's more depth to their gameplay.

radishhead said:
Double Dash controlled terribly

???

Double Dash has the best controls as far as I'm concerned.
 - MK, SS & DS require you to steer with a d-pad = not good.
 - MK, 64 & SS aren't in full 3D = kart doesn't feel connected to the road.
 - Wii had to accomodate the accellerometer based steering, which is good but meant using a control stick felt less responsive.

Not having played MK7 (or used a 3DS) I don't know how good the circle pad feels compared to a proper control stick so not sure on that one, but all other Mario Karts are automatically inferior to DD in controls due to the above.

HigHurtenflurst said:
radishhead said:
Double Dash controlled terribly

???

Double Dash has the best controls as far as I'm concerned.
 - MK, SS & DS require you to steer with a d-pad = not good.
 - MK, 64 & SS aren't in full 3D = kart doesn't feel connected to the road.
 - Wii had to accomodate the accellerometer based steering, which is good but meant using a control stick felt less responsive.

Not having played MK7 (or used a 3DS) I don't know how good the circle pad feels compared to a proper control stick so not sure on that one, but all other Mario Karts are automatically inferior to DD in controls due to the above.

The Karts felt so heavy and drifting wasn't as tight as in other games

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

The main problem I had with Mario Kart Wii was the controls. Too heavy and unresponsive with the Wii remote.

The added input lag because of the Wii remote completely destroys the 60fps advantage of this game. you don't "feel" correctly your kart.

Around the Network

Probably the old school ones, they never really did it for me.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Double Dash.

SNES version and N64 still the best for me. Super Circuit was great as well

I absolutely hated super circuit on GBA. Really disappointing it felt completely wrong to me. However every other mario kart game I adored including N64 and gamecube versions.

Mario Kart 64. I just didn't like the way the karts controlled in that game. MK Wii I felt was a bit bland in comparison to Double Dash, but I definitely preferred the way that game controlled to 64.

I'm sad a lot of people didn't like the Wii version, especially when the complaints seem unwarranted to me.....