By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Your least favorite Mario Kart game?

Tagged games:

Least favorite Mario Kart game?

Super Mario Kart 54 13.85%

Mario Kart 64 44 11.28%

Super Circuit 104 26.67%

Double Dash 68 17.44%

Mario Kart DS 31 7.95%

Mario Kart Wii 66 16.92%

Mario Kart 7 21 5.38%

Total:388
archbrix said:
RolStoppable said:
AZWification said:

Leaving that aside, I did like some of the original  MKWii tracks like Mapple Treeway and Grumble Volcano, but they didn't really compare to the best of DS ( Waluigi Pinball and Airship Fortress) or the best of 64 ( Banshee Boardwalk and Wario Stadium). 

Your gaming taste is awful.

On topic: Mario Kart 64, with Mario Kart DS in a close second place. Aside from the annoying miniboost mechanics (both games), the course design is the worst in the entire series (64). Incredibly lame tracks like Wario Stadium and Rainbow Road are far too long while unintended shortcuts make matters even worse.

OT:  Super Circuit, by far.

Why do girls always group in odd numbers? Because they can't even.
OT: From best to worst:

7 > DS > DD > Wii > 64 > SC > Super

Around the Network

I didn't like Mario Kart Wii a whole lot, something about the game just always felt off.

Double dash. By far the worst. Ppl saying snes kart is the worst must not have been born till 1998 at least.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

I vote for the SNES Mario Kart to be the worst. I like the 4th generation graphics. The tracks are simple, but enjoyable. What make the SNES Mario Kart weaker, is the controls. I found turning and general navigation of the in SNES Mario Kart to be harder than in F-Zero GX. Some people might view that as being a positive, but in my opinion it is a negative feature.

Games I have Finished

http://pastebin.com/eMdjSjFc

Double dash sucked, then mario kart wii. Hated both of those. Although it had a couple of long, horrible tracks, like rainbow road, mario kart 64 was my favorite... I loved constantly kicking my friends and families asses on that game.

Around the Network

Only having owned 3 of them and played 5 I can't say for sure, but MK64 is easily the worst of the 5. (and as MK7 tends to be high on a lot of peoples lists I doubt I would rate it below 64, so super circuit is the unknown entity)

I think most people's love of MK64 stems from a combination of nostalgia and local multiplayer. Back then most of us were between 5-15 years old and it was common to have friends over for gaming matches, most games seem 10* better when playing with 3 friends.

Double Dash was 7 years later, some of us were older and didn't have friends round as often, those still in the right age gap probably loved DD if they hadn't played MK64 before... not because 64 is better but because people don't like change.

Mario Kart Wii is another 5 years later and has online play... which is great but it's not the same as local MP.

MK64 has some great tracks (Sherbet Land, Jungle Parkway, Bowsers Castle, Banshee Boardwalk, Kalimari Desert) some unimaginative but none-the-less enjoyable tracks (Royal & Mario Raceway, Frappe Snowland) and some totally horrible tracks (Rainbow Road, Yoshi Valley, Wario Stadium) Which is just the same as most other Mario Kart games. The only thing it did better than later games is battle mode.

i love super circuit and DD.
i love its tracks. way more than others mks.

i vote for 64

Wii, they ruined battle mode.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Double Dash controlled terribly

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

AZWification said:

What the subject says... Which is your least favorite Mario Kart game? I will personally go with Mario Kart Wii. It wasn't a bad game by any means, but it truly felt like it lacked the magic from the earlier games. The tracks weren't really memorable  ( in fact, my favorite tracks from MKWii are DK Mountain which first appeared in Double Dash and Rainbow Road which appeared in every MK game).

Leaving that aside, I did like some of the original  MKWii tracks like Mapple Treeway and Grumble Volcano, but they didn't really compare to the best of DS ( Waluigi Pinball and Airship Fortress) or the best of 64 ( Banshee Boardwalk and Wario Stadium). The rubberband AI and the huge amounts of blue shells and  such can get pretty damn annoying, but the AI is nowhere as bad as in MK64 and the blue shell abuse is nowhere as bad as in MKDS!

Those are pretty much the only main issues I have with MKWii. It's not a bad game, but it could have been much better.... Oh, and the battle mode could have been much better, too!

I loved the AI in the Wii game. Cheaty as heck, but really fun to play against. I got 3 stars in every cup, every mode using automatic. Took a lot of effort though. 

I also found the battle mode to be really fun, and personally the only thing I really felt the game lacked was a way to view others in battle mode or race without having to be part of the race/battle. 

I never liked SC. I haven't played the original or 64, so it's hard to say though. But after playing the Wii game I felt that SC controlled terribly not to mention that it looked plain boring in comparison to the Wii game, which doesn't look so nice either.