By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Witcher 3 rumors: 900p PS4/720p Xbone, 30fps, equals minimal settings of PC

Still dont care. I will be getting it in ps4. Good for pc gamers who have a powerful rig. Compared to ps4 price and gtx 780i price (just the gpu) I will say ps4/xbox one are doing quite well. Cant wait.

Okay everyone, time for some rumors. Russian gaming website Gametech reported some interesting information about the current state of The Witcher 3. Now before continuing, let us remind you that you are about to read unconfirmed information that you should be taking with a grain of salt.

According to Gametech, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is a very demanding title; a title that a single GTX 780Ti struggles to run when higher levels of AA are enabled. As the Russian gaming website noted, the PC version runs currently with all its bells and whistles enabled (plus 8xMSAA) with 35-45fps on a GTX 780Ti at 1080p. Naturally, a single 780Ti is able to hit the 60fps sweet spot in its current form provided MSAA is lowered.

Moreover, it is said that the PS4 version will run at 900p/30fps while the Xbox One version will run at 720p/30fps. What’s also interesting is that the console versions of the game will meet the minimum graphics settings of the PC version. Gametech claimed that The Witcher 3 on consoles will look similar to The Witcher 2.

As always, take what you just read with a grain of salt. CD Projekt RED may further optimize its title, meaning that the game may run better on the aforementioned platforms. Still, the rumored performance of the PC version sounds spot on from what we’ve seen thus far.

Enjoy and stay tuned for more!

Source: http://www.dsogaming.com/news/rumor-the-witcher-3-running-at-900p-on-ps4-720p-on-xbox-one-gtx780-ti-pushes-35-45fps-at-max-settings/

Around the Network
daredevil.shark said:

Still dont care. I will be getting it in ps4. Good for pc gamers who have a powerful rig. Compared to ps4 price and gtx 780i price (just the gpu) I will say ps4/xbox one are doing quite well. Cant wait.

Okay everyone, time for some rumors. Russian gaming website Gametech reported some interesting information about the current state of The Witcher 3. Now before continuing, let us remind you that you are about to read unconfirmed information that you should be taking with a grain of salt.

According to Gametech, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is a very demanding title; a title that a single GTX 780Ti struggles to run when higher levels of AA are enabled. As the Russian gaming website noted, the PC version runs currently with all its bells and whistles enabled (plus 8xMSAA) with 35-45fps on a GTX 780Ti at 1080p. Naturally, a single 780Ti is able to hit the 60fps sweet spot in its current form provided MSAA is lowered.

Moreover, it is said that the PS4 version will run at 900p/30fps while the Xbox One version will run at 720p/30fps. What’s also interesting is that the console versions of the game will meet the minimum graphics settings of the PC version. Gametech claimed that The Witcher 3 on consoles will look similar to The Witcher 2.

As always, take what you just read with a grain of salt. CD Projekt RED may further optimize its title, meaning that the game may run better on the aforementioned platforms. Still, the rumored performance of the PC version sounds spot on from what we’ve seen thus far.

Enjoy and stay tuned for more!

Source: http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/the-witcher-3-runs-at-900p-30fps-on-ps4-on-low-31203577/

Sounds like a load of bs especially since they were claiming to really be tapping into the power of the systems.

I think everyone expected this game to rip these consoles apart.

Sounds alright. From all the footage we've seen it's only natural. The Witcher 2 wasn't nice to hardware either.

People need to get away from the illusion that it's easy for visually stunning titles to run at 1080p on consoles.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

So basically they're not hugely good at making their game PC friendly either

I guess that is the cost of having a small development team

Around the Network

I'm gonna call BS on this, because they did a phenomenal job with the 360 version of Witcher 2. I mean obviously the PC version was superior, but they still managed to bang out a stunning version for a much weaker system. No way that Witcher 3 will only equal the minimal PC settings.

Minimum graphics and 30FPS? Lawl. Now that's just sad.

Not touching this one on a console, the single platform for which this makes any sense is PC. Then again, I expect to buy most 8th gen stuff on PC, anyway.

Isn't it planned for February 2015? The rumored current state says nothing about the final product.

10 months at least still in development and resolution and graphics are already set in stone ehh? Yeah I.don't buy that

Btw OP watch out, CDP are showing PC footage of this game which will not look as good on the PS4, I don't want you to be confused and deceived, lol.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

That's why PCs exist, folks!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---