By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Watch Dogs Wii U Version Release Windows Pushed to Fall 2014

NintendoPie said:
Ubisoft really needs to stop trying with the Wii U anymore. They are getting nowhere and their best selling game on the platform supposedly didn't "profit enough." Why are they even wasting time on creating something that's going to fall flat on it's face? Are they that dead set to be proven that their games just aren't selling on the Wii U? Only to expect it all along.

bold: was an exclusive.

and they're getting nowhere because they want to, delaying the finished rayman for 7 months was just the start. if their products didn't sell enough, it's their fault for not convincing the consumers.

Around the Network

Bet it's still a shitty port.

Zero999 said:
Fusioncode said:
Zero999 said:

it's a miracle that some third party games sold like they did on wii u when their own companies didn't even tell the mass market that the wii u version existed.

and it's really amazing (altough not surprising), that not only you agree with ubisoft's move, you say they deserve applauses. ubi's move will be forever terrible.

What's "forever terrible" is that WiiU owners didn't bother buying Ubisoft's games when they did support the platform. You should be thankful that Ubisoft didn't just cancel Watch Dogs on WiiU like any other publisher would in that situation, but instead you continue to insult them. 

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G, regardless of ubisofts piss poor suport and telling the mass market there was no wii u version of AC4, you people keep insisting that this terrible watch dogs move is correct. I guess that's why gaming is in decline.

A-L-R-I-G-H-T Zero, how about explain to me how Ubisoft told the mass market there was no WiiU version of AC4, I'd love to know.  And you're actually accusing Ubisoft of not supporting the WiiU? Seriously? Did you forget they released an exclusive game for the damn thing at launch? A game that failed miserably by the way. It's like you don't understand these companies are here to make money, not please people on an internet forum. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Seece said:
oniyide said:
Seece said:

Ubi have something against Nintendo? LOL w.t.f. they're one of the few third parties to actually support the system, a system that has a small install base where the games have seen very little success (unlike Xb1 and PS4 with AC already north of 750k), ubi should be fucking applauded for not cancelling Watchdogs on the system let alone delaying it.

yeah i know. but people like Zero still swear by some conspiracy that Ubi hates Ninty and thats why there is a delay

Ubi don't hate Nintendo that's just weak reasoning made up to justify the situation. Like I said, Ubi supported WiiU and the sales speak for themselves, the fact they're still dedicated to putting Watchdogs out on the system, they deserve applause. Pretty sure investors wouldn't mind them cancelling, it's going to bomb hard (it likely would have with a simultaneous release, but moreso it's been delayed) and they should focus that time spent on the WiiU version on highly profitable DLC.

you dont got to tell me man! I get it

Zero999 said:

if the other versions are releasing in may 27 WITH help of the wii u version devs, it's simple conjecture that it wouldn't take that much longer without those extra devs.

Fixed it for you. 

Around the Network
Zero999 said:
Hedra42 said:
Zero999 said:

the game would release in june/july with the original teams working on their versions. with wii u developers taken for at least 3 months, the date of the wii u version goes to september/october, maaaaybe november.

And there's the flaw, in the bolded, right there.

You can't pull a timeframe out of the air, tout it as fact and claim that everything else is wrong. You don't know that all games would have released in June/July with all original teams working on their versions, because you don't know how many resources there are on each team, or how far ahead each version was in relation to the others, or what is still needed to be done.

You don't know, because you haven't bothered to read the links, the other reasons why the Wii U version will take more time. The delay is not just because the Wii U developers' time was borrowed. 

If you could tell me how many guys were working on each version, 9am to 5pm, five days a week, and if you knew exactly how many  Wii U developers were pulled to help out and for exactly how long, you could make a statement like that with some certainty. But you don't know that information.

And let's not forget, the Autumn release window is still only a rumour. It could still be a longer delay, and this, along with the other reasons given for the delay   is what makes joesampson's estimate more plausible at this point.

if the other versions are releasing in may 27 WITH help of the wii u version devs, it's simple logic that it wouldn't take that much longer without those extra devs.

No, it's not logic. You can't make a statement like this with any certainty, because you don't know all the facts. As joesampson says, it's conjecture, because it is based on incomplete facts.

It is reasonable to suggest that all versions EXCEPT the Wii U version might have been finished in June or July without the help of the Wii U devs, based on the FACT they had all been given an extra six months development time, and the ASSUMPTION that they wouldn't come up against any problems that might lead to another major delay. But that doesn't even mean that June/July is accurate.

But when you take these facts into account - 

a) Dominic Guay, senior producer of the game, said in an interview in March, that they needed more time with the Wii U version, and didn't want to delay all the other platforms for that one.

b) A Wii U version release in 2014 is 'possible'. The Autumn 2014 release window  is still an unconfirmed rumour.

- these indicate that a significant amount of extra dev time is needed. It is reasonable to suggest, then, that even if the Wii U devs had continued on their own version, they may well have been in the position where the Wii U version was going to take longer to finish than the other versions anyway.

The point is, you DON'T KNOW. Nobody knows, for sure. But you can't call logic, because you don't have all of the facts. You can't make a firm statement such as: "the game would release in june/july with the original teams working on their versions",  because you don't have sufficient evidence to support it.

We've been getting a fair few reports from this thread, and I have to say some people in here are straddling the line here. So, keep it on topic and don't result to needless insults, taunts etc.

Unless you want to be banned, in which case, go for it.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Fusioncode said:
Zero999 said:

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G, regardless of ubisofts piss poor suport and telling the mass market there was no wii u version of AC4, you people keep insisting that this terrible watch dogs move is correct. I guess that's why gaming is in decline.

A-L-R-I-G-H-T Zero, how about explain to me how Ubisoft told the mass market there was no WiiU version of AC4, I'd love to know.  And you're actually accusing Ubisoft of not supporting the WiiU? Seriously? Did you forget they released an exclusive game for the damn thing at launch? A game that failed miserably by the way. It's like you don't understand these companies are here to make money, not please people on an internet forum. 

bold: zombi U didn't fail at all and did you forget rayman legends? now, to put it simple: would agree with ubi if they were delaying one of the other versions of watch dogs?

If the thing releases for $60, ubi is asking for it to fail.

Zero999 said:
Fusioncode said:
Zero999 said:

bold: zombi U didn't fail at all and did you forget rayman legends? now, to put it simple: would agree with ubi if they were delaying one of the other versions of watch dogs?

Yes ZombieU failed, according to Ubisoft id didn't even come close to being profitable. They probably delayed Rayman legends because of ZombiU being a failure. That is a failure in every meaning of the word. As for your second point, no it wouldn't make business sense to delay any other version. I'm not sure why you don't understand this. 3rd parties games don't sell well on WiiU. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!