By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Watch Dogs Wii U Version Release Windows Pushed to Fall 2014

Hedra42 said:
joesampson said:
If the Wii U version is delayed until holiday 2014 then it's highly unlikely the Wii U version was ever going to be ready for a summer release even if those developers were kept on the Wii U version.

This.

the statement is wrong AND no one said holidays.

Around the Network

It sucks. Planning to buy on Xbox One but the WiiU version would have been great (I can see a lot of use for the second screen)... At least they did not cancelled it.

Imaginedvl said:
It sucks. Planning to buy on Xbox One but the WiiU version would have been great (I can see a lot of use for the second screen)... At least they did not cancelled it.

Have they showed any footage how they will implement the second screen or is it based on wishful thinking that the WiiU version would have been great?

Conina said:
Imaginedvl said:

Have they showed any footage how they will implement the second screen or is it based on wishful thinking that the WiiU version would have been great?

Wishful thinking mainly :)

Zero999 said:
Hedra42 said:
joesampson said:
If the Wii U version is delayed until holiday 2014 then it's highly unlikely the Wii U version was ever going to be ready for a summer release even if those developers were kept on the Wii U version.

This.

You literally have no idea what you are talking about. They have given multiple time frames lately. A few days ago I read this, http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/6/5473924/watch-dogs-wii-u-release-date, where they were saying a 2014 ship date is still possible. Now as of a few hours ago they say this, http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-04-14-ubisoft-site-lists-watch-dogs-on-wii-u-for-autumn-2014, which is still September through December. Now, I used a synonym of "holidays" to describe the buying months before Christmas. Does that make sense now?

Around the Network
Zero999 said:

Now, explain why you think the statement is wrong.

Imaginedvl said:
Conina said:
Imaginedvl said:

Wishful thinking mainly :)

It's based on Jonath Morin's statement like this

" it's cool to play it just on the GamePad."

"There are no new features or anything like that - it's the same game but we're optimising the controls for the beast that is the Wii U GamePad," he said.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Hedra42 said:
Zero999 said:

already did. the game would release in june/july with the original teams working on their versions. with wii u developers taken for at least 3 months, the date of the wii u version goes to september/october, maaaaybe november.

Zero999 said:
Hedra42 said:
Zero999 said:

already did. the game would release in june/july with the original teams working on their versions. with wii u developers taken for at least 3 months, the date of the wii u version goes to september/october, maaaaybe november.

theres no way they would have gotten it out in June (July is summer) all versions that is. If that was the case Ubi would have all versions released in June and waited the extra month. UBi doenst have anything against Ninty and you have no evidence that they do.

Ubi have something against Nintendo? LOL w.t.f. they're one of the few third parties to actually support the system, a system that has a small install base where the games have seen very little success (unlike Xb1 and PS4 with AC already north of 750k), ubi should be fucking applauded for not cancelling Watchdogs on the system let alone delaying it.