By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction-A late summer early fall Smash release means a holiday 2014 Zelda U release date!

Zelda U will release in 2014!

Time to get back on your meds, dude! 60 32.43%

Please don't mess with my emotions. 29 15.68%

I guess anything is possible. 21 11.35%

This would be exactly what Nintendo needs! 31 16.76%

For the love of God let this be true!!! 27 14.59%

I guess we will see... 15 8.11%

Total:183

I guess it is possible from what we know till now, Zelda U was ready to be shown at E3 2013, afterall. Unless they reveal something else that has the mass appeal of Zelda, at E3, the highest possibility outside of Smash, for the big Holiday game, is Zelda U. So I guess we will see at E3.

COMG guide to points: 1 point = Raging. 2 points = Beasting. 3 points = Tearing it up. 4 points = Berzerk. 7 points = Rampage. 12 points = Burst. 15 points = god mode. 20+ points = DIVIDING BY ZERO!!! 40+ points = Youkai (originally Pokemon).

-1 = Negabeasting. -5= NegaRampage. -10 = NegaBurst

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
curl-6 said:
Cheebee said:

I refuse to believe Nintendo would be anywhere close to capable of producing a ground-up mainline HD Zelda within 3 years (assuming they started development immediately after Skyward Sword came out by the end of 2011).
SS took them 5 years on hardware they'd been familiar with for almost a decade (Wii's architecture was very similar to GameCube's).
Considering just how much trouble they've had adapting to HD development (hence the constant and omnipresent delays of their Wii U titles), and how a significant part of the Zelda dev team has had their hands full with ALBW for a long while, I cannot see a full-blown Wii U Zelda coming anytime before Q4 2015, at the very earliest.

This, pretty much.

If it took them 3 years and 3 months to make Tropical Freeze, imagine how long a HD Zelda will take. This is Nintendelay we're talking about.

Sorry to be a buzzkill, I just can't see it happening so soon.

1) Iwata and Aonuma did both mention (probably during one of the Iwata Asks that served as a Skyward Sword postmortem), that they wanted the next console Zelda to take less than 5 years.

2) Retro Studios was sidetracked by work on Mario Kart 7.

3 and half years for a 2d platformer is still too long, especially considering how MK 7 turned out. What were they really doing all that time.

As for Iwata and Aonuma, they say they want a lot of things. DOnt mean nothing. Pretty sure they wanted the Wiiu and to a lesser extent 3ds situations to be better.

oniyide said:
Mr Khan said:
curl-6 said:
Cheebee said:

I refuse to believe Nintendo would be anywhere close to capable of producing a ground-up mainline HD Zelda within 3 years (assuming they started development immediately after Skyward Sword came out by the end of 2011).
SS took them 5 years on hardware they'd been familiar with for almost a decade (Wii's architecture was very similar to GameCube's).
Considering just how much trouble they've had adapting to HD development (hence the constant and omnipresent delays of their Wii U titles), and how a significant part of the Zelda dev team has had their hands full with ALBW for a long while, I cannot see a full-blown Wii U Zelda coming anytime before Q4 2015, at the very earliest.

This, pretty much.

If it took them 3 years and 3 months to make Tropical Freeze, imagine how long a HD Zelda will take. This is Nintendelay we're talking about.

1) Iwata and Aonuma did both mention (probably during one of the Iwata Asks that served as a Skyward Sword postmortem), that they wanted the next console Zelda to take less than 5 years.

3 and half years for a 2d platformer is still too long, especially considering how MK 7 turned out. What were they really doing all that time.

As for Iwata and Aonuma, they say they want a lot of things. DOnt mean nothing. Pretty sure they wanted the Wiiu and to a lesser extent 3ds situations to be better.

They did build a new engine, now I remember.

Still seem a bit too early. Honestly I hope Nintendo takes their time with the next Zelda. If they rush it, they could end up cutting content like the did in Wind Waker.

curl-6 said:
oniyide said:
Mr Khan said:
curl-6 said:
Cheebee said:

This, pretty much.

for which game? DK or MK?

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
Can we not wait two days before running around with these kind of speculations? Two days!

That's why I put a big Prediction in the title of my thread. You should have known what you were getting into when you clicked. Predictions don't work as well if you state them after the fact.

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child."

Shigeru Miyamoto

oniyide said:
curl-6 said:
oniyide said:

DK.

http://mynintendonews.com/tag/retro-studios/

curl-6 said:
oniyide said:
curl-6 said:
oniyide said:

DK.

http://mynintendonews.com/tag/retro-studios/

ok...but it still a 2d platformer in the end and its not exactly pushing Wii U console. SURELY it couldnt have taken them that long to make even if it was from the groundup...i mean. its a platformer

I cant see they finish Zelda U this year, and they will need big names for 2015, for this year we have MK8 and Smash, maybe will be another big new game at the end of 2014, we will know on E3 for sure.

Cheebee said:

Skyward Sword was exception, its only Zelda game (probably only Nintendo game at all) that was developed so long.

Nintendo announced few times that were wanted to showed Zelda U last year and that developing is going good, I am sure that Zelda U will come out in 2015.

yes they cannot have kart and smash and zelda on teh same year... or what it is left for 2015?

smash-kart-bayonetta-X-hyrule warriors- this will be the big games of 2014...I mean not bad considering that the will all be out in a 6/7 months time-frame.

End of May/End of november

Switch!!!