By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction-A late summer early fall Smash release means a holiday 2014 Zelda U release date!

Zelda U will release in 2014!

Time to get back on your meds, dude! 60 32.43%

Please don't mess with my emotions. 29 15.68%

I guess anything is possible. 21 11.35%

This would be exactly what Nintendo needs! 31 16.76%

For the love of God let this be true!!! 27 14.59%

I guess we will see... 15 8.11%

Total:183
oniyide said:
curl-6 said:
oniyide said:
curl-6 said:

They did build a new engine, now I remember.

for which game? DK or MK?

DK.

http://mynintendonews.com/tag/retro-studios/

ok...but it still a 2d platformer in the end and its not exactly pushing Wii U console. SURELY it couldnt have taken them that long to make even if it was from the groundup...i mean. its a platformer

Helping with Mario Kart 7 and building a new engine seem to have been the primary cause of the game's developmental longevity.

I do agree that Zelda will not be coming this year, though.

Around the Network

I think Nintendo should focus on coming out with a fresh franchise. All of these sequels won't sell a lot consoles. They have the talent to make a new one. I don't think they'll release a Zelda game this year

Smash may release sooner than expected, but it will be S.T.E.A.M. that will be their big title for Christmas.

roman838892 said:
I think Nintendo should focus on coming out with a fresh franchise. All of these sequels won't sell a lot consoles. They have the talent to make a new one. I don't think they'll release a Zelda game this year

They did that with The Wonderful 101. Sadly that didn't pan out...

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

fleischr said:
roman838892 said:

That's cos people say they want new IPs, but when it comes time to put down the pennies, they shun the unfamiliar.

Around the Network

Here's what I consider ideal release timing following MK8

June - Watch Dogs
July - Hyrule Warriors
August - Bayonetta 2
September - Super Smash Bros
October - NFC based title
November - Zelda U
December - Yarn Yoshi
Early 2015 - X, Devil's Third, Human Element

Either way, there's enough out there to have a major release every month after MK8 releases.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

curl-6 said:
oniyide said:
curl-6 said:
oniyide said:
curl-6 said:

They did build a new engine, now I remember.

for which game? DK or MK?

DK.

http://mynintendonews.com/tag/retro-studios/

ok...but it still a 2d platformer in the end and its not exactly pushing Wii U console. SURELY it couldnt have taken them that long to make even if it was from the groundup...i mean. its a platformer

Helping with Mario Kart 7 and building a new engine seem to have been the primary cause of the game's developmental longevity.

I do agree that Zelda will not be coming this year, though.

maybe, maybe im expecting too much. Maybe im thinking the team is bigger than it actually is. The Assassin's Creed team is HUGE and I dont think Retro is anywhere near that big, so i should have probably taken that into account.

curl-6 said:
fleischr said:
roman838892 said:

That's cos people say they want new IPs, but when it comes time to put down the pennies, they shun the unfamiliar.

Last of Us, Dishonored, Uncharted, Assassin's Creed, Bioshock, Mass Effect, Infamous, Heavy Rain, etc. All those games are still fairly recent IPs that were introduced in PS360/Wii era and they all did good, im talking the original games. Im sorry but this whole people dont accept new IPs is a fallacy. Plenty of new ones do good. MAYBE what you need to start saying is Ninty owners say they want new IPs but shun the unfamiliar. Becasue after all, its always NINTY that needs to make new IPS. You rarely hear someone say that about Sony, or alot of 3rd parties. Xbox to a much lesser extent.

oniyide said:
curl-6 said:

Last of Us, Dishonored, Uncharted, Assassin's Creed, Bioshock, Mass Effect, Infamous, Heavy Rain, etc. All those games are still fairly recent IPs that were introduced in PS360/Wii era and they all did good, im talking the original games. Im sorry but this whole people dont accept new IPs is a fallacy. Plenty of new ones do good. MAYBE what you need to start saying is Ninty owners say they want new IPs but shun the unfamiliar. Becasue after all, its always NINTY that needs to make new IPS. You rarely hear someone say that about Sony, or alot of 3rd parties. Xbox to a much lesser extent.

Wii Sports/Fit/Play/Resort/Party sold 8m-80m a pop, and it was a new IP last gen. ;)

It's not just Nintendo gamers; for every new IP that takes off on PS3/360, countless others are shunned in favour of the latest COD, Assassin's Creed, etc. (Vanquish, Lollipop Chainsaw, Dragon's Crown, Eternal Sonata, etc)

I've said myself for some time that Zelda U COULD come out late (as in December) 2014. It's been in development, easily, since late 2011, and absolutely since 2012. It's had time in the oven, and reportedly THE biggest in-house Nintendo team has been working on it (bolstered by the ALBW team after that game was finished). I won't say that Zelda WILL come out this year, as it could always be a 2015 title. BUT, I do think there's a good chance that it could make a holiday 2014 appearance, just in time for Christmas.

If that happened, I don't care what else comes out, MK8 + SB + Zelda = 2014 Year of Wii U. And that isn't even including Bayonetta 2, X, SMT x Fire Emblem, Sonic Boom, Yarn Yoshi, etc.