By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction-A late summer early fall Smash release means a holiday 2014 Zelda U release date!

Zelda U will release in 2014!

Time to get back on your meds, dude! 60 32.43%

Please don't mess with my emotions. 29 15.68%

I guess anything is possible. 21 11.35%

This would be exactly what Nintendo needs! 31 16.76%

For the love of God let this be true!!! 27 14.59%

I guess we will see... 15 8.11%

Total:183
Cheebee said:

I refuse to believe Nintendo would be anywhere close to capable of producing a ground-up mainline HD Zelda within 3 years (assuming they started development immediately after Skyward Sword came out by the end of 2011).
SS took them 5 years on hardware they'd been familiar with for almost a decade (Wii's architecture was very similar to GameCube's).
Considering just how much trouble they've had adapting to HD development (hence the constant and omnipresent delays of their Wii U titles), and how a significant part of the Zelda dev team has had their hands full with ALBW for a long while, I cannot see a full-blown Wii U Zelda coming anytime before Q4 2015, at the very earliest.

This, pretty much.

If it took them 3 years and 3 months to make Tropical Freeze, imagine how long a HD Zelda will take. This is Nintendelay we're talking about.

Sorry to be a buzzkill, I just can't see it happening so soon.

Around the Network

They will announce that Smash bros Will release next Friday ( for free) but all the characters will be purchasable downloadable Dlc available weekly - as they come available
Total cost to buy all characters and levels/ stadiums would be $ 275

Zelda u will introduce an automatic AK 47 as links main weapon- grenades can be bought via micro transactions- he will drive a Humber not a horse

Dunban67 said:
They will announce that Smash bros Will release next Friday ( for free) but all the characters will be purchasable downloadable Dlc available weekly - as they come available
Total cost to buy all characters and levels/ stadiums would be $ 275

Zelda u will introduce an automatic AK 47 as links main weapon- grenades can be bought via micro transactions- he will drive a Humber not a horse

You should really announce "spoiler alert" if you're going to spill this much info like that.

Or you could have just as easily said, "Smash and Zelda being co-developed by Capcom and EA, respectively."

Can we not wait two days before running around with these kind of speculations? Two days!

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Ugh... just ugh... I thought 2013 could never be beaten as the greatest year a console has ever had software wise (the console being the 3ds). However, if Nintendo releases Mariokart 8 , Hyrule Warriors, Bayo 2, Smash Bros 4, AND Zelda U (and potentially X, the Fire emblem crossover, yarn yoshi, others) on top of the already released Tropical Freeze and the BUTT TON (much more than a ton) of indie games already released and on the way then honestly the Wii U may have the title for the greatest year a console has ever had in terms of epic software.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
Can we not wait two days before running around with these kind of speculations? Two days!

That's like stopping the hype train! Don't stop the hype train

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Slarvax said:
Mr Khan said:

That's like stopping the hype train! Don't stop the hype train

Aye, but we're all going to say a bunch of silly stuff that's going to be disproven if we let the speculation get too wild. It's not like we have months and months of nothing to do but speculate (when such would be quite understandable), but now we're two days out from what should be a sizable infodump.

That said, i do think that an infodump now would increase the chances of an earlier release, and thus increase the chances of Zelda 2014. Nintendo could very well try to go all-out this year (and for good reason).

You want them to rush the next Zelda? Hell no.

curl-6 said:
Cheebee said:

I refuse to believe Nintendo would be anywhere close to capable of producing a ground-up mainline HD Zelda within 3 years (assuming they started development immediately after Skyward Sword came out by the end of 2011).
SS took them 5 years on hardware they'd been familiar with for almost a decade (Wii's architecture was very similar to GameCube's).
Considering just how much trouble they've had adapting to HD development (hence the constant and omnipresent delays of their Wii U titles), and how a significant part of the Zelda dev team has had their hands full with ALBW for a long while, I cannot see a full-blown Wii U Zelda coming anytime before Q4 2015, at the very earliest.

This, pretty much.

If it took them 3 years and 3 months to make Tropical Freeze, imagine how long a HD Zelda will take. This is Nintendelay we're talking about.

Sorry to be a buzzkill, I just can't see it happening so soon.

1) Iwata and Aonuma did both mention (probably during one of the Iwata Asks that served as a Skyward Sword postmortem), that they wanted the next console Zelda to take less than 5 years.

2) Retro Studios was sidetracked by work on Mario Kart 7.

Mr Khan said:

Aye, but we're all going to say a bunch of silly stuff that's going to be disproven if we let the speculation get too wild. It's not like we have months and months of nothing to do but speculate (when such would be quite understandable), but now we're two days out from what should be a sizable infodump.

That said, i do think that an infodump now would increase the chances of an earlier release, and thus increase the chances of Zelda 2014. Nintendo could very well try to go all-out this year (and for good reason).

I believe there will be big news, and possibly a release date. But I doubt it'll mean Smash4 at fall, and not because of delays or rushing stuff, but more because they have other games to release after June. So it should be something like: Bayo2 June-July, Sonic Boom July-August, Hyrule Warriors August-September, X September-October, Smash4 October-November + games announced at E3

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988