By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction-A late summer early fall Smash release means a holiday 2014 Zelda U release date!

Zelda U will release in 2014!

Time to get back on your meds, dude! 60 32.43%

Please don't mess with my emotions. 29 15.68%

I guess anything is possible. 21 11.35%

This would be exactly what Nintendo needs! 31 16.76%

For the love of God let this be true!!! 27 14.59%

I guess we will see... 15 8.11%

Total:183
TK14 said:
I'm definitely curious to see why they are having a Smash Bros. dedicated Direct on Tuesday. I mean, it has to be something fairly "major" I would think, for the Direct to be solely focused on Smash. I'm inclined to actually think maybe it could be a release date reveal, just because if it isn't, and the game isn't coming until Fall, why not save it for E3? That being said, I wonder if the two versions will release at different times? Maybe 3DS sooner so the Direct will give a date for that and also reveal the single-player components and supposed character customization that you can "carry over" into the Wii U version later on? Hard to say, but either way Tuesday will be very interesting. If for whatever reason they DID reveal that both versions of Smash were releasing at the end of summer or early fall, then I'd DEFINITELY be curious to see what all they show and announce at E3 for the holidays. I don't believe Zelda would be ready either way, especially with Hyrule Warriors coming out, and likely Bayonetta 2, and maybe Yarn Yoshi. People are right when they say Nintendo NEEDS to leave some stuff for 2015. "X" is seeming like it has slipped into 2015 given the last Nintendo Direct when they reconfirmed all the other games for 2014 but didn't say a word about a release date for "X". Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem will hopefully be shown at E3 but given that all they had was a title in January 2013, I would be shocked if it wasn't a 2015 game. And then Zelda just seems like a very likely 2015 candidate. So that would leave a decent 2nd half of 2014 for Wii U and a solid-looking lineup for 2015 at this point too. The real question is...what the heck is coming out for 3DS the 2nd half of this year and beyond...other than Smash?

The big announcement for the Smash Direct is Cranky Kong as a playable character.

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
TK14 said:
I'm definitely curious to see why they are having a Smash Bros. dedicated Direct on Tuesday. I mean, it has to be something fairly "major" I would think, for the Direct to be solely focused on Smash. I'm inclined to actually think maybe it could be a release date reveal, just because if it isn't, and the game isn't coming until Fall, why not save it for E3? That being said, I wonder if the two versions will release at different times? Maybe 3DS sooner so the Direct will give a date for that and also reveal the single-player components and supposed character customization that you can "carry over" into the Wii U version later on? Hard to say, but either way Tuesday will be very interesting. If for whatever reason they DID reveal that both versions of Smash were releasing at the end of summer or early fall, then I'd DEFINITELY be curious to see what all they show and announce at E3 for the holidays. I don't believe Zelda would be ready either way, especially with Hyrule Warriors coming out, and likely Bayonetta 2, and maybe Yarn Yoshi. People are right when they say Nintendo NEEDS to leave some stuff for 2015. "X" is seeming like it has slipped into 2015 given the last Nintendo Direct when they reconfirmed all the other games for 2014 but didn't say a word about a release date for "X". Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem will hopefully be shown at E3 but given that all they had was a title in January 2013, I would be shocked if it wasn't a 2015 game. And then Zelda just seems like a very likely 2015 candidate. So that would leave a decent 2nd half of 2014 for Wii U and a solid-looking lineup for 2015 at this point too. The real question is...what the heck is coming out for 3DS the 2nd half of this year and beyond...other than Smash?

The big announcement for the Smash Direct is Cranky Kong as a playable character.

Can you imagine the internet meltdown? It'd be like a nuclear holocaust! :p

Upcoming Games To Get

Definite: Kirby Star Allies (Switch), Mario Tennis Aces (Switch), Fire Emblem (Switch), Yoshi (Switch), Pokemon (Switch), Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4), Monster Hunter World (PS4)

Considering: Fe (Switch), Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch), The World Ends With You (Switch), Ys VIII (Switch), Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (PS4), Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Remix (PS4), The Last Guardian (PS4), Shadow of the Colossus HD (PS4), Anthem (PS4), Shenmue 3 (PS4), WiLD (PS4)

JWeinCom said:
TK14 said:

Fans would be hanging themselves in the streets.

bananaking21 said:
im with you. we know Zelda will be talked about at E3 this year and chances are it will be a 2014 holiday tittle. Nintendo announced mario 3d world at E3 last year and released it in Nov. im guessing same thing will happen with Zelda this year.

all in all, it can be a good year for WiiU when it comes to exclusives. Donky Kong, Mario Kart, Smash, Beyonetta, X, Yarn Yoshi and Zelda.

Exactly!

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child."

Shigeru Miyamoto

I think X might be the fall game. Theres Hyrule Warriors and Yarn Yoshi coming aswell.

Zelda will be coming next year.

Around the Network
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Nope, too soon! 2014 already has system selling franchises coming out... They need something for 2015

I'm really hoping we get some big time announcements for 2015 at this years e3. Tell us Galaxy 3 or Mario 64 Squared and a new 2d and 3d Metroid are coming for 2015 right after they announce a 2014 holiday release for Zelda! 

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child."

Shigeru Miyamoto

NintendoPie said:
tbone51 said:

Why me?

We all know you had a long and winding road to get where you are today; Gambling addiction, Betting addiction, drug abuse, etc. But you pulled through it all. This man clearly needs your help at this point. He even talks about "medicine" in his poll.

Drugs are bad, mmm'kay....unless you're sharing.

Shigeru Miyamoto

We can always hope!

I refuse to believe Nintendo would be anywhere close to capable of producing a ground-up mainline HD Zelda within 3 years (assuming they started development immediately after Skyward Sword came out by the end of 2011).
SS took them 5 years on hardware they'd been familiar with for almost a decade (Wii's architecture was very similar to GameCube's).
Considering just how much trouble they've had adapting to HD development (hence the constant and omnipresent delays of their Wii U titles), and how a significant part of the Zelda dev team has had their hands full with ALBW for a long while, I cannot see a full-blown Wii U Zelda coming anytime before Q4 2015, at the very earliest.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Cheebee said:

I refuse to believe Nintendo would be anywhere close to capable of producing a ground-up mainline HD Zelda within 3 years (assuming they started development immediately after Skyward Sword came out by the end of 2011).

I believe they started Zelda U as soon as they began working with the Wii U.

For example, Pokemon XY was announced 3.5 years after they started development. That means they started XY even when the 3DS wasn't released, and this is Gamefreak, not an internal dev like EAD AKA the Zelda team.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988