By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction-A late summer early fall Smash release means a holiday 2014 Zelda U release date!

Zelda U will release in 2014!

Time to get back on your meds, dude! 60 32.43%

Please don't mess with my emotions. 29 15.68%

I guess anything is possible. 21 11.35%

This would be exactly what Nintendo needs! 31 16.76%

For the love of God let this be true!!! 27 14.59%

I guess we will see... 15 8.11%

Total:183
fleischr said:
Here's what I consider ideal release timing following MK8

June - Watch Dogs
July - Hyrule Warriors
August - Bayonetta 2
September - Super Smash Bros
October - NFC based title
November - Zelda U
December - Yarn Yoshi
Early 2015 - X, Devil's Third, Human Element

Either way, there's enough out there to have a major release every month after MK8 releases.

Since when are Devil's Third or Human Element announced as coming to Wii U?

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
oniyide said:
curl-6 said:

That's cos people say they want new IPs, but when it comes time to put down the pennies, they shun the unfamiliar.

Last of Us, Dishonored, Uncharted, Assassin's Creed, Bioshock, Mass Effect, Infamous, Heavy Rain, etc. All those games are still fairly recent IPs that were introduced in PS360/Wii era and they all did good, im talking the original games. Im sorry but this whole people dont accept new IPs is a fallacy. Plenty of new ones do good. MAYBE what you need to start saying is Ninty owners say they want new IPs but shun the unfamiliar. Becasue after all, its always NINTY that needs to make new IPS. You rarely hear someone say that about Sony, or alot of 3rd parties. Xbox to a much lesser extent.

Wii Sports/Fit/Play/Resort/Party sold 8m-80m a pop, and it was a new IP last gen. ;)

It's not just Nintendo gamers; for every new IP that takes off on PS3/360, countless others are shunned in favour of the latest COD, Assassin's Creed, etc. (Vanquish, Lollipop Chainsaw, Dragon's Crown, Eternal Sonata, etc)

WOw. ONE new IP out of the bunch. YOu kind of proved my point. ANd i would say those sold mostly to the more blue ocean group. Considering that series is selling like crap now.

oniyide said:

WOw. ONE new IP out of the bunch. YOu kind of proved my point. ANd i would say those sold mostly to the more blue ocean group. Considering that series is selling like crap now.

Wii Party U has a 20% attach rate.

And no, not just one. They also bought Nintendogs, Xenoblade, Skylanders, Endless Ocean...

If you're going to indict Nintendo gamers for not buying new IPs, PS3/360 owners who passed over Eternal Sonata, Dragon's Crown, Vanquish, Lollipop Chainsaw, etc, must be condemned as well.

So tomorrow will give us an estimate of date, but not a specific one

https://mobile.twitter.com/SmashBrosJP/status/453443512764080128?screen_name=SmashBrosJP

oniyide said:
curl-6 said:
oniyide said:
curl-6 said:

That's cos people say they want new IPs, but when it comes time to put down the pennies, they shun the unfamiliar.

Last of Us, Dishonored, Uncharted, Assassin's Creed, Bioshock, Mass Effect, Infamous, Heavy Rain, etc. All those games are still fairly recent IPs that were introduced in PS360/Wii era and they all did good, im talking the original games. Im sorry but this whole people dont accept new IPs is a fallacy. Plenty of new ones do good. MAYBE what you need to start saying is Ninty owners say they want new IPs but shun the unfamiliar. Becasue after all, its always NINTY that needs to make new IPS. You rarely hear someone say that about Sony, or alot of 3rd parties. Xbox to a much lesser extent.

Wii Sports/Fit/Play/Resort/Party sold 8m-80m a pop, and it was a new IP last gen. ;)

It's not just Nintendo gamers; for every new IP that takes off on PS3/360, countless others are shunned in favour of the latest COD, Assassin's Creed, etc. (Vanquish, Lollipop Chainsaw, Dragon's Crown, Eternal Sonata, etc)

Wii Sports, Wii Fit, Wii Party are all seperate ip

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

Nope.
Summer - More minor titles
Fall - Bayonetta 2, Yarn Yoshi
Holiday - Animal Crossing, Wii Sports U, NFC titles

2015 - SSB delayed

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I was thinking for Zelda to be released in 2015, with Animal Crossing in 2015 as well, as those are there two biggest sellers left (not counting a new Mario.)

nice

curl-6 said:
oniyide said:

Wii Party U has a 20% attach rate.

And no, not just one. They also bought Nintendogs, Xenoblade, Skylanders, Endless Ocean...

If you're going to indict Nintendo gamers for not buying new IPs, PS3/360 owners who passed over Eternal Sonata, Dragon's Crown, Vanquish, Lollipop Chainsaw, etc, must be condemned as well.

Wii Party U was heavily bundled in Japan and you know that.

How well is Nintydogs doing now? Xenoblade? It did alright but nowhere near the numbers of the games i suggested. Endless OCean? you really have set the bar low.

I dont have to indict anyone because lets be real, you rarely hear about PS360 owners complain about not getting new IPs. YOu can list whatever game you want fact is Sony and MS systems get a LOT of new IPs 1st and 3rd party and good job picking the most obsucre games you can find. Those games you mentioned did great especially considering the reviews they got and the genre they belong too. Dragons Crown? A beat em up released full retail in this day and age. I have the game its great. But im shocked it did as well as it did and thats not counting digital.

zorg1000 said:
oniyide said:
curl-6 said:
oniyide said:
curl-6 said:

No they're not. They are spinoffs. Thats like saying the upcoming Hyrule Warriors is a different IP

oniyide said:
zorg1000 said:
oniyide said:
curl-6 said:
oniyide said:
curl-6 said:

No they're not. They are spinoffs. Thats like saying the upcoming Hyrule Warriors is a different IP

There is no way in hell u honestly believe Wii Sports and Wii Fit are the same ip, they belong In different genres with vastly different goals/gameplay, the only thing they share Is using Miis. Thats like saying Smash Bros and Mario Kart are the same ip because Mario is in both.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.