By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction-A late summer early fall Smash release means a holiday 2014 Zelda U release date!

Zelda U will release in 2014!

Time to get back on your meds, dude! 60 32.43%

Please don't mess with my emotions. 29 15.68%

I guess anything is possible. 21 11.35%

This would be exactly what Nintendo needs! 31 16.76%

For the love of God let this be true!!! 27 14.59%

I guess we will see... 15 8.11%

Total:183
oniyide said:

Never said it did. whats up with your reading comprehension? ONe game got more attention than the other not to mention its in a more popular genre. Of course it would have sold better. Endless Ocean released on a system with a large install base. MUCH worst games have done just as well.

Dont dodge the inquiry now. LOL Prove to me that Ninty owners embrace newer IPs as much as SONY MS guys do. We are on a data site. We got years worth of data. if you cant then conversation over

Etertnal Sonata was a new IP JRPG, yet it sold less across both PS3 and 360 than Xenoblade sold on just Wii, which was also a new IP and  a JRPG. And Endless Ocean was a niche game; many even went as far as claiming it didn't qualify as a "game" at all.

You're acting as if PS3/360 gamers never neglect new IPs in favour of established brands, but this simply isn't the case when you see something like Vanquish get outsold by more than 20:1 by COD 10.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
oniyide said:

Never said it did. whats up with your reading comprehension? ONe game got more attention than the other not to mention its in a more popular genre. Of course it would have sold better. Endless Ocean released on a system with a large install base. MUCH worst games have done just as well.

Dont dodge the inquiry now. LOL Prove to me that Ninty owners embrace newer IPs as much as SONY MS guys do. We are on a data site. We got years worth of data. if you cant then conversation over

Etertnal Sonata was a new IP JRPG, yet it sold less across both PS3 and 360 than Xenoblade sold on just Wii, which was also a new IP and  a JRPG. And Endless Ocean was a niche game; many even went as far as claiming it didn't qualify as a "game" at all.

You're acting as if PS3/360 gamers never neglect new IPs in favour of established brands, but this simply isn't the case when you see something like Vanquish get outsold by more than 20:1 by COD 10.

and Ni No kuni sold better than Xenoblade. whats your point?

Never said that. You keep avoiding what im saying. Sony and MS gamers embrace new IPs moreso than Ninty ones, prove me wrong.

oniyide said:
curl-6 said:

Never said that. You keep avoiding what im saying. Sony and MS gamers embrace new IPs moreso than Ninty ones, prove me wrong.

My point is, there's no need to amend my statement to "Nintendo gamers avoid new IPs" when non-Nintendo gamers also tend to stick to known brands. It's true as it stands that gamers in general will usually choose established franchises over new ones.

curl-6 said:
oniyide said:
curl-6 said:

My point is, there's no need to amend my statement to "Nintendo gamers avoid new IPs" when non-Nintendo gamers also tend to stick to known brands. It's true as it stands that gamers in general will usually choose established franchises over new ones.

Never argued the bold. MY point is Sony and MS gamers embrace new IPs more than Nintendo ones do. Doesnt matter if they stick to new ones, you can do both. Again prove me wrong.

oniyide said:
curl-6 said:

Never argued the bold. MY point is Sony and MS gamers embrace new IPs more than Nintendo ones do. Doesnt matter if they stick to new ones, you can do both. Again prove me wrong.

I find your tendency to turn everything into an anti-Nintendo tirade somewhat unappealing, that's all.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
oniyide said:
curl-6 said:

I find your tendency to turn everything into an anti-Nintendo tirade somewhat unappealing, that's all.

i find your tendency to avoid questions and try to spin because you have nothing sad. I expected better.

oniyide said:

i find your tendency to avoid questions and try to spin because you have nothing sad. I expected better.

I find it pretty funny actually! xD

Anywhos, we now know that SSB4 Wii U is releasing during the holidays, so there's no need for this thread anymore.

oniyide said:
curl-6 said:

I expect better from any user on this site than to dedicate their time here to bashing one of the big three and their fans. There's a word for that, but saying it is ban worthy.

curl-6 said:
oniyide said:
curl-6 said:

I expect better from any user on this site than to dedicate their time here to bashing one of the big three and their fans. There's a word for that, but saying it is ban worthy.

oh im not bashing the big 3, but i will bash someone who makes arguments and cant back them up and resort to name calling

oniyide said:
curl-6 said:

oh im not bashing the big 3, but i will bash someone who makes arguments and cant back them up and resort to name calling

I have backed up my arguments; gamers across all three systems favour familiar brands over new IPs, the numbers support this. But you just had to try to turn it into a jab at Nintendo gamers.