By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction-A late summer early fall Smash release means a holiday 2014 Zelda U release date!

Zelda U will release in 2014!

Time to get back on your meds, dude! 60 32.43%

Please don't mess with my emotions. 29 15.68%

I guess anything is possible. 21 11.35%

This would be exactly what Nintendo needs! 31 16.76%

For the love of God let this be true!!! 27 14.59%

I guess we will see... 15 8.11%

Total:183

Call me crazy (hey! I heard that!) but I think this early, Smash only, April direct is a clear sign that Nintendo will announce a late August or September release date for Smash Bros. Releasing a game of this magnitude well before the 2014 holiday season begins would be a huge indication of a much bigger, and more anticipated game release for the actual holidays itself. The only game that could fit that description is, of course, Zelda U! What better way to knock e3 off of its foundation but to announce a 2014 Zelda U release date. Nintendo's self proclaimed 1-2 punch would in reality be the set up for a complete knock out! This could all be proved as complete folly come April 8th, but if I'm right then let the speculation storm begin! Possible, plausible, probable? Well, I guess we are about to find out.

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child."

Shigeru Miyamoto

Around the Network

Or they could just release Hyrule Warriors, seems like a stupid move but We're talking about Nintendo here...

Is the Smash Direct in 31 hours or 55 hours?

MohammadBadir said:
Or they could just release Hyrule Warriors, seems like a stupid move but We're talking about Nintendo here...

Is the Smash Direct in 31 hours or 55 hours?

I would lean more towards the 55 hour mark. Not sure though.

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child."

Shigeru Miyamoto

See the bet in my sig, that's how confident I am that we won't see Zelda U release this year.

It's funny that people now believe that the Wii U will not come out unless another Mario Kart 8, SSB4, X, Bayonetta2, and the 2 Zelda ...
They do not realize that other games will announce at E3?
ES: Mario 3DWorld, announce at E3 2013, and coming in November 2013...

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
See the bet in my sig, that's how confident I am that we won't see Zelda U release this year.

So, you're telling me there's a chance

Shigeru Miyamoto

Releasing Zelda U in late 2014 would be a very smart move and that's why Nintendo won't do it! ;)

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Nope, too soon! 2014 already has system selling franchises coming out... They need something for 2015

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

NO!
Zelda U wont release until 2015 with Super Mario 5 and X
We already have plenty of games coming this year we dont need more otherwise Nintendo will spread themselves short for 2015

Hhhmm... If Hyrule Warriors is released WW in summer, then there's a chance. A May Direct should answer all the questions, unless they do a MK8 only direct... If that happens, then E3 shall tell us the future.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988