By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Can't we just say it looks amazing  and leave at that. The point of the OP was not to start a penis measuring competition

Around the Network

Alright guys, you've made your points I feel here. Please get back to the topic at hand, if you don't want to be moderated.

Remember, that topic is Mario Kart 8. Here's a picture if you've forgotten:

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

@mii-gamer LMAO That Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu GIF is amazing, last episode petrol eating bacteria! HAHAHA

curl-6 said:
Kane1389 said:

Them car textures... 

How about these car textures then or maybe the huge amount of repeated textures in mario kart 8 from bricks to the ground. In fact huge areas of single colours. Same as most cartoon graphic games to be honest although seems to be worse in mario kart.

I think there is a lot of hype going on at the moment with mario kart. As said previously once the game arrives and we can see the good and bad then I think much of this hype will fade.

I don't mean the mario kart graphics themselves which are glorious and very appealling I mean the claims made about the performance required to generate them.

I plan to get mario kart 8 at launch or soon after so we shall see how good they look when projected.

I totally understand the wii u has 1GB of gaming memory, a gpu with a later architecture, 32MB of high speed memory for the frame buffer etc and should be able to render at a higher graphic level than ps3 and 360 even if cpu performance is less I just don't feel currently some of the graphics are for that reason but in many other places the texturing looks flat coloured and often repeated, the polygon models look un-impressive.

As previously stated DF should be able to analyse and state the reality of what is being achieved in actual graphic features.

Only thing to be said about the graphics is simply they are simply stunning.

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
Around the Network
bonzobanana said:

How about these car textures then or maybe the huge amount of repeated textures in mario kart 8 from bricks to the ground. In fact huge areas of single colours. Same as most cartoon graphic games to be honest although seems to be worse in mario kart.

I think there is a lot of hype going on at the moment with mario kart. As said previously once the game arrives and we can see the good and bad then I think much of this hype will fade.

I don't mean the mario kart graphics themselves which are glorious and very appealling I mean the claims made about the performance required to generate them.

I plan to get mario kart 8 at launch or soon after so we shall see how good they look when projected.

I totally understand the wii u has 1GB of gaming memory, a gpu with a later architecture, 32MB of high speed memory for the frame buffer etc and should be able to render at a higher graphic level than ps3 and 360 even if cpu performance is less I just don't feel currently some of the graphics are for that reason but in many other places the texturing looks flat coloured and often repeated, the polygon models look un-impressive.

As previously stated DF should be able to analyse and state the reality of what is being achieved in actual graphic features.

What huge areas of single colours? The road under the Kart is shaded, not one colour. And since that track was shown at E3 I believe, this pic would be from a build almost a year old.

I'm not sure we can count on even getting a Digital Foundry analysis; they rarely do them on Nintendo games. 3D World and NSMBU are about the only ones they've ever done.

Being lit doesn't mean it's not a repetitive texture.

I suppose coming off from playing mostly Wii or 3DS games, MK8 must look absolutely amazing.  A clear generation jump for Nintendo fans.  Coming from PS3 or 360 they don't look next gen.

My 8th gen collection

Nintendo has such fantastic art direction.

ICStats said:

I suppose coming off from playing mostly Wii or 3DS games, MK8 must look absolutely amazing.  A clear generation jump for Nintendo fans.  Coming from PS3 or 360 they don't look next gen.

But it's not a single colour.

I've had an Xbox 360 for 5 years, Mario Kart is still impressive.

ICStats said:

This looks better than the vast majority of PS3 / 360 games IMO