By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Final Fantasy X/X-2 are some of the greatest RPGs of all time!

Tagged games:

gooch_destroyer said:
I agree OP Rikku is mah FF Waifu though.

Screw some of you guys, FFX-2 was a good! :P

YES

Around the Network

I honestly think that Rikku cosplay is the best thing about the Final Fantasy X games.

Carl2291 said:
I honestly think that Rikku cosplay is the best thing about the Final Fantasy X games.

Well then this is for you =P

For all those who Hate on FFX-2 for it's appearance, you are just wrong. Go back to the game....actually play it, and I'm telling you..... it is actually quite a good sequel.

FFX-2 never breaks continuity with FFX in order to fit itself in (cough*FFXIII-2*cough). FFX-2 shows you how life has become more peaceful since Sin's defeat. Yuna has still not given up her job of bringing Peace to all of Spira. Yet it is a lot more leisure suited world. First thing of note...... the opening cutscene performance in X-2 was NOT Yuna. It was LeBlanc using a dress Sphere that LOOKED like Yuna. She was taking a jab at Yuna's position to maintaining the Calm. Yuna is still the girl we know in the first game. She puts on a smile to encourage everyone else but inside she has conflict, mostly her despair over Tidus absence.

The Love Story of Shuyin and Lenne is actually important to X's plot, as is Vegnagun. SIN was only created out of fear of what Vegnagun could do. Lenne and Shuyin are so similar to X's power couple, they give insight to what a different path their relationship could have went, a cautionary tale really. Every Mission in X-2 is surrounded around explaining another facet of the world in more depth. Whether it be characters or philosophies. Yes, there are a lot of mini games, but I found most of them fun and entertaining, they further sensuate that Spira is in a happier place.

The idea of Dress Spheres is also fascinating because it gives us even further detail on the power of the pyreflies and crystals. DS's are just the crystalized memories of the dead, used to embody their abilities. This is seen in combat but also in story. Yuna's Songstress Dress Sphere was resonating with her because it sensed they were of similar nature. Just as the strong willed soul of the dead take hold of weaker ones to form fiendish monsters, the DS started to take hold of Yuna, but only to show her something.

The Combat System: if you ignore the Sailor Moon esque transformation sequences you will see that the game actually sports a dynamic Job change system. In FFX, you could swap Characters on a dime to make up any offensive/defensive wholes. Seeing as we are dealing with an altered and smaller cast, you don't change the character just the role...... which is also in Ode to what Yuna represents now.

I won't pretend like the game isn't made up for Fan Service, but it gets a lot across that actually enlightens the world of Spira even more.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

FFX was good but X-2 is probably the biggest pile of shit that occurred in Final Fantasy barring the next iterations of FF XIII.

Around the Network

FFX yes, a well debatable topic, FF X-2 on the other hand...just no...

Whatever, man! Final Fantasy IX is where is at! #dealwithit

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I can get where FFX-2 hate comes from, but it still has the best job system so far.

Even if postgame jobs did broke the balance, I still think the gameplay was one of the best.

And to directly adress the OP, FFX has the best story IMO, but I still prefer Rikku over Yuna for mostly aesthetics reason.

RenCutypoison said:
I can get where FFX-2 hate comes from, but it still has the best job system so far.

Even if postgame jobs did broke the balance, I still think the gameplay was one of the best.

And to directly adress the OP, FFX has the best story IMO, but I still prefer Rikku over Yuna for mostly aesthetics reason.

I agree with your first statement.

FFX-2 had a lot to offer. A good story that compliments X's, a good combat system, so many hidden gems and unlockables, New Game Plus, hidden dungeons.

People just can't get past the pop music and cosplay outfits.

And I also like Rikku, Yuna is just my fave due to reasons stated in OP. Rikku's plight is that she is like the child that keeps finding abandoned animals and wants to bring them all home. Intentions are pure, but harsh reality stands in it's way. When it comes to X-2, I might be the only person that found Paine's goth androgenous appearance more sexy than Rikku or Yuna lol.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

I think the only reason why FFX is considered good is because everything that came after was so bad.

I rank it as good, but it was a step back from the ps1 era FFs.