By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Xbox One is fighting back

Doing the basic things you're supposed to do is not "fighting back".

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
Goatseye said:
The forecast for Xbox after E3 will be mighty good.

Doubt it.

I won't be impressed with MS unless they do some Beyond Valve level stuff.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

How much do you guys think the XB1 is selling weekly now?

On Amazon US ranks it seems to have dropped near to pre-Titanfall levels.

Even for the period covering Titanfall launch (PS4 #1, XB1 #10) http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2014-03/videogames

My 8th gen collection

ICStats said:

How much do you guys think the XB1 is selling weekly now?

On Amazon US ranks it seems to have dropped near to pre-Titanfall levels.

Even for the period covering Titanfall launch (PS4 #1, XB1 #10) http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2014-03/videogames

It should still sell between 90-100k WW for the last week of march I think. It will be buisiness as usual after that though I think.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network

It's not like we all expected MS to just be like "Well, they got a head start...fuck it, it's not worth the effort."

Of course, the Xbox one is fighting back. They have, and so does Nintendo. Sony needs to feel that pressure, that somebody breathing in the back of their neck so they don't get too complacent. Companies push each other to their limits and hopefully everybody wins in some regard. Except for the ouya.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Good. They cant just let sony have this gen.

But I belive they already "lost" while right now they are figting for how relevent their 2nd place will be.

So let me get this straight-

We start with-

1. A terribly received media focused reveal for a games console

2. Next they reveal horrible always online and used game policies, and top it off with an all seeing spy cam

3. Proceed with the most awful handling of the whole thing with the press and customers leading almost up to launch

4. After substantial backlash be forced to flip flop on your original intent of your product just before launch; specifically due to low preorders

And even after all of that they still have to deal with the fact that they-

1. Have inferior hardware (shown out by both exclusives and multiplats, maybe not a deal breaker but not great when your box is the more expensive one, just ask ps3!)

2. and an inflated price relative to their nearest competitor (forced to cut and bundle within the first 4 months to stay competitive and still being outsold on a global basis)

3.all due to inclusion of underutilized/underperforming peripheral that gamers could care less about and has yet to be utilized in any way other than ui functionality that can be replaced by a $20 microphone and some software.

Plus add in

a. lack of early launch advantage of 360

b. an inferior overall global games business/brand loyalty

c. lack of early indi support (dismiss them all you want but they are the new 'shovelware' of past gens and essential for success).... Sony will have a lead in this area for at least a year even if microsoft can get their shit together

d.pay walled services and inferior 'free' game offerings from your paid service

e. more stuff I haven't though of because I'm tired...etc.etc.

The best that can be said is they are improving; which they sure as hell better be!!! But they have't got a chance in hell of catching up to Sony this time from a sales perspective!

By the way none of this has anything to do with the question 'Is/will the xb1 end up a great system to own/buy?'. The answer to that is a big fat duh. Of course it is/will be! As a gamer I look forward to buying one as the library builds up and the price comes down. As a gamer I haven't met a system I did't like, and at some point I'm sure it will look great next to my ps4

vivster said:
Doing the basic things you're supposed to do is not "fighting back".

Agreed. On the games side the are already doing a great job.

BeElite said:
Good. They cant just let sony have this gen.

But I belive they already "lost" while right now they are figting for how relevent their 2nd place will be.

Sad but I think you are right. Sad especially as Sony isn't that much better currently regarding games. I think it's the better price and the media which push PS4 sales.