By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft: "This year the most anticipated games will be exclusive to xbox"

dante said:
well actually since geOW sold better than MGS3 I think u can say GeOW 2 is more anticipated than MGS4

MGS and MGS2 sold better than geow, and MGS4 is a direct sequel to both of them. Also Gran Turismo is better selling than any Xbox game in history.

Around the Network
akuma587 said:
Or that Mario Kart Wii, Resistance 2, Killzone 2, Little Big Planet, Wii Fit, and Gran Turismo 5 had been canceled.

That being said, there will be a lot of hype for Gears of War 2 and Ninja Gaiden 2. Too Human has suffered some hiccups, but I have faith in the game. Fable 2 could be hit or miss.

I disagree with this (MS) statement based on Nintendo games, but see no problem with it from the Sony perspective.

R2 was heavily bundled and the only decent launch title, it has no hype outside of those who already own PS3's. K2 is starting to get a lot of 'its mediocre' rumours and given the craptastic first installment there is more to indicate it won't be good than to indicate it will be.  LBP is the ultimate hardcore game, and is unheard of outside the internet.  GT5 won't make 2008.

GeoW2 and NG2 will be heavily publicised and their predeccessors sold in their own right without bundling.  While Too Human looks very good, it is also unheard of beyond gaming circles.  Fable 2 will be awesome, and I wouldn't be surprised if Molyneux came very close to his 5 million sales goal.  Anytime co-op? Awesome. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

wow you got us there. 2 great games and an average one (ninja gaiden 2) are wwwwaaaaaayyyyyyy better than any other console. We all know MGS4, KZ2, GT5, LBP, Haze, SOCOM, FF13, Getaway, LA Noire, Jak and Daxter, Motorstorm 2, and White Knight Chronicles will pail in comparison to those 3 you named. In fact, all the PS3 games I named will probably be cancelled.

well i must say after reading the post it seems the blood supply to the brain was running low in this one.
To the OP are you just blind or do you just enjoy posting flame-bait. It should be obvious to all that the games listed are published by microsoft,what else do you expect them to say? what's this about lying? Its PR the same shit Sony's Jack Tretton and Nintendo Reggie Fils whatever does.

The 360 lineup isn't bad.

My most anticipated title is Alan Wake though, NG2 is second.

Still, MS needs to stfu, imo, alienating me more than RRoD, press release by press release.

It's like the biggest MS fanboys are the MS press team, not even Nintendo or Sony's press team is as bad as MS, imo. They always put a positive spin, so it's really hard to tell when they are doing well or poorly. If you listened to them, MS is the best thing since sliced bread. They shouldn't come out and just say, "We need to do better," god knows that would be refreshing, but they should at least augment their press releases with gates saying the companies problems and how they are going to combat them, instead of pretending they don't exist, ya know, like Iwata does every freakin week on that Nintendo interview blog thing.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
Krusnik said:
well i must say after reading the post it seems the blood supply to the brain was running low in this one.
To the OP are you just blind or do you just enjoy posting flame-bait. It should be obvious to all that the games listed are published by microsoft. What else do you expect them to say, what's this about lying its PR the same shit Sony's Jack Tretton and Nintendo Reggie Fils whatever does.

No, though those 2 people do reach and embellish a lot, they are NOTHING compared to the average MS press release when it comes to "positive spin" aka, lying.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Krusnik said:
To the OP are you just blind or do you just enjoy posting flame-bait. It should be obvious to all that the games listed are published by microsoft. What else do you expect them to say, what's this about lying its PR the same shit Sony's Jack Tretton and Nintendo Reggie Fils whatever does.

No, though those 2 people do reach and embellish a lot, they are NOTHING compared to the average MS press release when it comes to "positive spin" aka, lying.

Is it? Can you objectively say that MS's PR slant or whatever you want to call it is far worse than its competitors...even to the point or "lying" as you put it?

dabaus513 said:
Im sorry but im totally not interested in Ninja Gaiden 2, should i be or is it getting hype because its a japanese game thats exclusive to the 360?

The first NG was the best balls-out action game since the SNES.  Think Contra in difficulty and intensity and you wouldn't be far off.  That's why anticipation is high for this game.

@Coolestguyever: Please don't even start with the flamebait.  You know quite well that these are only 3 highlights from the 360's lineup.  Great way to get yourself taken seriously--putting those 3 up against most of PS3's lineup.

-50 credibility points.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

honestly if microsoft thinks that way they are full of it,,,,Don't get me wrong they are all good games with exception of too human which is a cheap shot at DMC(with the gun and sword ,only with darker and weaker graphics compared to DMC),,but Gears of war 2 is the only one that's anticipated ,,,compared to wiifit ,MK,MGS4,KZ2,R2,GT5, the XBOX 360 games do not stand out to general public(with the exception of gears of war 2)

I'm confused...

Did YOU interview Microsoft?

Or did you forget to site a source? Mostly because I don't want to look too down on Microsoft quite yet, unless I can see some sort of sourcing.

I mean, really, there's no saying this post is any different than the next person claiming PS3 has won the console war in 5 weeks, and Nintendo will sell 500 units from now on, per week.

Numbers: Checker Players > Halo Players

Checkers Age and replayability > Halo Age and replayability

Therefore, Checkers > Halo

So, Checkers is a better game than Halo.